• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things we neglect whilst drinking.

Hi All,

Isn`t it crazy what we neglect whilst drinking, I drank for 17 years and
    knew I looked bad and my eyes gave me away the most, I could see yellow
    in them and the worse I drank I the worse they got and I suffered with headaches
    too but do you think I would go to the opticians NO I was too ashamed as what
    they might see or say so put it off for all that time.
    Anyway I have stopped and stayed stopped for 8 months and hey presto my eyes
    are clear and I had my first test this week and guess what I need reading glasses and am waiting so will be hopefully be headache free, can you imagine in any other
    circumstances other than by drinking AL that we would ever put anything so
    serious off I think not, it sure has an awful hold doesn`t it
    Have you put things off due to drinking ?

Luv Flo x
    Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

My chores.
    Spending time with pets.
    My health.
    My faith.
    My money.
    My free time.

These are a few of the things that I neglected by drinking which I don't do anymore.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Neglected things

Health visits, blood work, housework, exercise, crafting,creating,sleeping, productive time with my girls, productive time with my husband, making new friends, keeping old friends,yard work, cooking ahhhhhh I think that about covers it. Oh yeah and intimate time with my husband too.

Comment

Trips, friends, family, things I enjoy, my art, house, health, looks, sick and dying relatives, planning for retirement, food, onandonandonandon............................
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Did somebody say Arts?

Ruby,

What kind of art do you do? That is my passion, WAS my passion.

G

Comment

Georgie, I dabble in a lot of things, but primarily I paint. Also crochet, sew, write, play piano and mandolin, stained glass, and crafts with my grands.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ruby, that's great! I also paint and dabble in just about everything, I wrote a children's book which I have not been able to get published yet ( tough market). I also write poetry. I would love to learn stained glass. I am going on an art retreat in Oct. For three days of classes, I can't wait.
              G

Comment

Where is the retreat? My house and cabin are both in areas of high concentrations of artists.
                sigpic

Comment

Retreat

Danbury, Connecticut

Comment

I neglect:

My health
                    My house
                    My family
                    My work
                    My yard
                    My friends
                    My money

My life

It's crazy how much better life will be when I finally beat this $hit!

Comment

Thinking about it I also neglected my hobbies, a book would take me
                      months to read as I would read it at night and totally forget the next day,
                      I watched films I couldn`t remember at all, I was only interested in AL
                      and getting as drunk asap which meant eating on an empty stomach and
                      lost 8 stone and yes I was a heffer to start with lol and I neglected my
                      beauty regime and now wonder why my face needs a blinking good iron !!
                      Ah the joys of pouring something like that in your mouth when effectively
                      it is like knocking your head everynight with a sledgehammer and enjoying
                      the fact, you couldn`t make it up could you :H
                      I`m sure I can think of some more !
                      love Flo x
                      Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Ha ha no Flo you can't make it up, just this morning I thought man I look bad and counted / discovered yet another chin. Lol

G

Comment

Working...
                        X