I had a drinking dream last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy I had a drinking dream last night. I dreampt that I walked into the pub and ordered a bud light. After she gave it to me and I paid it I was like wtf I don't drink anymore. And also sure I drank BL sometimes but I usually drank Budweiser. But I drank the beer anyways. I was feeling so bad for failing out and in the dream that 1 beer got me drunk. Not real drunk but a little drunk.

Thankfully that was just a dream.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

It!s weird how while not drinking you dream those drinking dreams, but oh so nice when you realize by lack of crappy taste in your mouth that it was a dream. Keep up the good work. DA

Comment

I have those, and in mine I'm always trying to hide the AL use from everyone else. But I think it's good that our subconcious is working, even when we sleep, to tell us we don't need the poison.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I had a therapist tell me once, that when it comes to drunk dreams it is all about how you react when you wake up. Do you wake up and think, "oh, thank goodness it was just a dream!) Or do you wake up and think, "damn, you mean I didn't drink last night?"

If you wake up thanking your lucky stars it was all just a dream, then that means you truly want it. However if you wake up thinking the later, you may still have some work to do...

Comment

Hey Drifty. I haven't had a lot of drinking dreams (thank goodness!!) but I used to have some pretty vivid smoking dreams when I quit that.

One of the funniest ones was sitting at my kitchen counter, looking in a box of cereal for the "prize" (do they still have those in boxes of kids cereal???). When I found the "prize" it wasn't a pack of my regular brand of smokes, but a pack of the backup brand I would buy if I couldn't get my regular brand. And TWO packs of matches. :H

The Bud Light instead of Bud made me think of that! :H

Good thing they are only dreams, right?

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Come to think of it -
            I haven't had a drinking or smoking dream for quite a while now. Does that mean they are finally over or I really due for one? :H :H

Don't fret Drifty, the dreams are freaky & weird but no harm is done

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Gal.gettin.sober;1173202 wrote: I had a therapist tell me once, that when it comes to drunk dreams it is all about how you react when you wake up. Do you wake up and think, "oh, thank goodness it was just a dream!) Or do you wake up and think, "damn, you mean I didn't drink last night?"

If you wake up thanking your lucky stars it was all just a dream, then that means you truly want it. However if you wake up thinking the later, you may still have some work to do...
              I woke up and said thank god it was only a dream.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I have had a few drinking dreams over the last few years and i would be in the height of it in my dreams because i was drinking and ever so delighted when i wake up and release it was all in my mind,For me its nice to remind myself of what alcohol dan do and did to my life..

See ya spam harry.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

That is too funny I also had a dream I had a night of drinking my old pal beer just the other day
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I have had quite a few smoking dreams but just recently had two drinking AND smoking dreams. I'm always disappointed in myself in my dreams but then wake up feeling so relieved that I didn't really screw up!

On my way to 500 days AF - 484 days and counting.......
                    NF - 3/17/09

AF since 5/24/10

Comment

Working...
                    X