Army Thread 4th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it when Black Bess snores, it's all sort of gentle.

Must dash going to see the inside of the daughter and her BF's new flat.

In true JC fashion we lurked around the place for a good hour the other week just to see what the area is like, as you do................dear Lord I'm turning into a cracking snob.

Bacinabit.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1173385 wrote: Not to make youse jealous or anything... but it is bliss right now. Mrs. T and the cubs have gone to the local mall so the eldest cub can flog his old PS2 games and buy new ones for his Nintendo. The loudest sound is coming from a dove in a tree outside.
      Grrrr...:H
      Great post Molly.:l
      JC-I don't think you are a snob at all for checking out your daughter's place (neighborhood). I remember visiting a house in New Orleans at 8 in the morning and all seemed lovely. Went for a drive past at around midnight and there were crack dealers on the corner. Ummm..no thanks.
      Well, there's a lot of noise in the expat household today. Tomorrow is the first day of school and I have work. Which means we all have to be out of the door by 8 at the latest. Should be interesting. Not.:H
      back laters. I have to go iron a few things for tomorrow.
      I'd love a little house around the corner myself.

Comment

morning... actually gone afternoon all, had a lovely morning, woke the boyfriend up with a coffee n a mini birthday cake - he took his half home, I ate mine for breakfast xD Opened all his cards n such from my family just after midnight last night, n has now gone home for his various birthday meals and phone calls n suchlike.

All is good in inchy land today, found out my project doesn't ahve to be completed until wednesday which is a huge relief, and have had a truly lovely time with my other half - been together officially for 3 and a half years today (closer to 5 and a half if we were honest with ourselves to begin with, but how many kids admit they've found their future husband/wife at 13 right?). Anywho on with the project and the day - weathers crappy and I don't feel bad at all baout being inside xD

xIC
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Afternoon Inchy. Any cake left?

Comment

Saw Usain et al. I think I have a bit of competition there?
            I need 6 more eggs please Molly.
            Please note the change of emotion!

Comment

Afternoon,

The flat is gorgeous. It's an old old Victorian house split into 6 flats. All brand new white goods. The walls and luvverly high ceilings are painted white.

Oh and then we went for cawfee and then we decided to go to the seaside unfortunately so did the rest of Tyneside. We couldn't get parked so came home. But all in all a nice little jaunt.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all

Hope everyone is well and having a nice weekend.

Another peaceful Sunday in the Reccy household. No wife or kids to pester me and I don't have to worry about sound disturbances for obvious reasons.

Made myself a very tasty spicy tuna stir fry this afternoon and polished it off in record time. Poppy happy too as I caved in and gave her the rest of the tuna. Starting to get the hang of this cooking lark - never used to take much interest in it before, when I was working. All I need to do now is get the hang of tidying up the kitchen afterwards and doing the washing up :upset:......well, let's not get overly ambitious!

On a completely different note, it's nice to see all those fecking banks being sued. Not that I feel resentful towards them or anything....

Comment

mollyka;1173517 wrote: Been given 3 menus for dinner, am steadfastly sitting on the couch - dunno who'll give in first
                  :H:H:H

Evening Troopers!!

Molly, you gonna fill us in as to whether or not you ended up cooking. Of course you could have left it to them to make their own meals but I wonder what shape your kitchen would be in afterwards.
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hey Reccie - X-post - good to see you...:happyheart:

Comment

stirly-girly;1173536 wrote: Hey Reccie - X-post - good to see you...:happyheart:
                      And it's lovely to see you, too, stirly :l How are things in stirlyland? Have you re-opened your shop yet? Are you doing a five day week now, ferrying Mr stirly around?

Comment

Recluse;1173540 wrote: And it's lovely to see you, too, stirly :l How are things in stirlyland? Have you re-opened your shop yet? Are you doing a five day week now, ferrying Mr stirly around?
                        Ah, Reccie - things are well in Stirly-world, in fact I had quite an enjoyable day today.

The store opened up again two weeks ago tomorrow. My job as a chauffeur lasted exactly five days from the day the ticket was issued and the license revoked. Mr. Stirly announced at some point that he would be going to the store alone the next week (first week open) and that he would drive himself back and forth. So after driving me insane with his constantly telling me how to drive whenever we went anywhere, I silently told him to feck off and handed him the keys. He looked at me in surprise and I just said "Well, if you're planning to drive yourself next week, you might as well start now and I can stop being so anxious while driving and you can stop telling me when to shift gears and turn on the turn signal. Cleverly, he didn't answer, just drove very carefully although very stressed out.

Hiya Mollers...

I have some really good ear plugs I could send you.... :huggy

Comment

Evening all.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya molly! Look on the bright side - keeping busy keeps you out of trouble. Seriously. You can't drink or even think about drink if you're busy coping with your family.

Strange things going on during my "night time". I keep waking up to find myself kicking out. Can never remember what the dream was about though, but either I'm getting involved in a lot of fights or I've started playing footy for the reds.

Hello Jackie!

Comment

stirly-girly;1173547 wrote: Ah, Reccie - things are well in Stirly-world, in fact I had quite an enjoyable day today.
                              That's great!

stirly-girly;1173547 wrote:
                              The store opened up again two weeks ago tomorrow. My job as a chauffeur lasted exactly five days from the day the ticket was issued and the license revoked.
                              So's that - for you. Like you, I hate being told how to drive by other people.

stirly-girly;1173547 wrote:
                              Mr. Stirly announced at some point that he would be going to the store alone the next week (first week open) and that he would drive himself back and forth.
                              Errr....that's not so good! He's not supposed to be driving is he?

Comment

JackieClaire;1173548 wrote: Evening all.:hallo: JC. Did ya see Bolt's relay race. I laughed myself silly as he distanced himself about 20 metres ahead of the second and third place runners. It was just so incredible that he left them that far behind. Then of course I laughed and laughed at his antics after he'd won. He really gives a good show...:h
                                Recluse;1173549 wrote: Hiya molly! Look on the bright side - keeping busy keeps you out of trouble. Seriously. You can't drink or even think about drink if you're busy coping with your family.

Strange things going on during my "night time". I keep waking up to find myself kicking out. Can never remember what the dream was about though, but either I'm getting involved in a lot of fights or I've started playing footy for the reds.

Hello Jackie!
                                Reccie - if I had to put up with what Molly does, it would drive me to drink, not keep me from it....:H

Seriously Molly - three
                                main courses? Methinks you've got them a wee bit spoiled. Next time ask what they want and whichever choice has the most voters, that's what you cook. Then add a bunch of veggies that are relatively easy to do and that's it. Oh and tell them THEY have to clean up the kitchen afterwards. You know, from the time we were little we were made to help with the housework. My sister and I cleaned off the table, washed and dried the dishes and put them away after every meal until we were older and younger sister and brother took over as we were in high school and had a fair amount of studying to do. It's never too late. Tell them they have
                                to do it and retire to your bedroom with your laptop or a book or something. And on your way up, nab the TV control, turn the fecking Kardashians off and take the control with you....

Reccie - what does "kicking out" mean? I finally found out what "humping" means in Ireland, now you'll have to enlighten me...

Comment

Working...
                                X