Army Thread 4th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We heard in the radio and I rang the S & H toot fecking sweet to record it.

I think I'm in love.:h

Mind the blooming UK team need a good kick up the backside and the US acrobatics were rather good. I wouldn't like to do a somersault at that speed.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1173554 wrote:
      Errr....that's not so good! He's not supposed to be driving is he?
      Well, let me put it this way - if he's involved in an accident and it's his fault, his insurance company won't cover him for the damages to either our or the other vehicle. And if there is person injury or worse involved, the other party could sue him. In other words, he could lose the shirt off his back and unfortunately, that would leave me without a shirt as well. I just try not to think about it because there is not much I can do about it except fight with him every day and insist on driving him everywhere and making deliveries for the store, etc., etc., as he would never agree to hiring someone to work for us. The driver would have to be insured, wages paid, medical coverage paid, etc., etc. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that when his new license is issued (but not valid until the two-month suspension time is up) some time this week that the police chief who gave him the ticket will be kind enough to lessen the number of days from 2 months to however many days it will be by then - just under a month - and give him back his license. Then I will be able to breathe easier again....
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

stirly-girly;1173555 wrote: Tell them they have to do it and retire to your bedroom with your laptop or a book or something. And on your way up, nab the TV control, turn the fecking Kardashians off and take the control with you....
        :H:H:H

stirly-girly;1173555 wrote:
        Reccie - what does "kicking out" mean? I finally found out what "humping" means in Ireland, now you'll have to enlighten me...
        Means exactly what it sounds like stirly - I physically go through the motions of kicking something or someone that only exists in my dreams - a sort of air kick.

I think someone should explain to mollers what humping means to the rest of us!

Comment

Rightio lovelies off to feed my brood.

Bacinabit.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1173556 wrote: We heard in the radio and I rang the S & H toot fecking sweet to record it.

I think I'm in love.:h

Mind the blooming UK team need a good kick up the backside and the US acrobatics were rather good. I wouldn't like to do a somersault at that speed.

Well to be honest, if the UK and American teams hadn't been disqualified, it would have been an even more exciting race and sure the distance between Bolt and the second-place and third-place runners wouldn't have been so big. Don't know if you've seen re-runs of the race but from as far as I could understand, the American runner Darvis Patton was on the very left side of his lane and the UK runner waiting to take the baton from his team-mate was on the very right side of his lane and Patton hit the other guy's shoulder as he ran by, resulting in Patton doing a summersault and dropping the baton but he also took out the UK runner when he bumped him.

Comment

Recluse;1173560 wrote:
              Means exactly what it sounds like stirly - I physically go through the motions of kicking something or someone that only exists in my dreams - a sort of air kick.So if you were a dog instead of a Panda - you would look something like this....
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2BgjH_CtIA[/video]]Bizkit the Sleep Walking Dog - YouTube

Didn't mean to sound flippant. It must be very upsetting to wake up from a dream like that. Mind you, Mr. Stirly would be most disappointed to wake up and find out that it was just a dream and that he actually hadn't kicked somebody's butt...
              Recluse;1173560 wrote: I think someone should explain to mollers what humping means to the rest of us!
              I agree. It can't mean what it means to the rest of the world and mean "out of sorts" in Ireland...
              JackieClaire;1173562 wrote:
              Rightio lovelies off to feed my brood.

Bacinabit.
              How long is a bit???

Comment

Hmmm humping where I come from is :naughtfeet:
                Molly explain yourself young lady......:scratchinhead:
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Where as 'getting the hump' is something entirely different........

Comment

stirly-girly;1173566 wrote: So if you were a dog instead of a Panda - you would look something like this....
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2BgjH_CtIA[/video]]Bizkit the Sleep Walking Dog - YouTube
                    Yeppers!

stirly-girly;1173566 wrote:
                    Didn't mean to sound flippant. It must be very upsetting to wake up from a dream like that.
                    No, it doesn't really bother me, I just go straight back to sleep again. I only mentioned it because it is a bit bizarre, although not quite as bizarre as that dog!

Comment

Ok off to watch a bit of mindless tv, see you folks tomorrow.

Comment

KTAB;1173568 wrote: Where as 'getting the hump' is something entirely different........
                        And lets not mention hump day...

Hello tabbers.

Comment

Ah my favourite panda. I know 'hump day' had me cofooosed for a while. Planning on watching 4 lions later, have you seen it?

Comment

KTAB;1173567 wrote: Hmmm humping where I come from is :naughtfeet:
                            Molly explain yourself young lady......:scratchinhead:Thank you for the explanation, KTAB. Wasn't sure if what it means to us Canucks is what it means in other parts of the world. Now there can be no doubt, you having explained it so well - graphics and all...
                            KTAB;1173568 wrote:
                            Where as 'getting the hump' is something entirely different........
                            Ah, now I'm really :shocked:. I looked it up here get the hump - definition of get the hump by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

and the definitions leave nothing to wonder about. It spells out the various meanings plain and simple. I'm just not sure whether we're talking about a camel, a cow, a human back or an instant of, well, humping....

Comment

Well now 'getting the hump' means getting in a bad mood or cross about something. Dont you just love the english language.

Comment

No, not seen it ktabs. Actually, I'd not even heard of it, but I've had a quick look in Wikipedia to get the general idea about it. Seems to have got the approval of the film critics.

Comment

Working...
                                X