still trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still trying

i dont know what to say. i would like some advice. lately the only time i come here is when i have had a drink (i have had a drink now) and i dont know what to say. when i found MWO it was my saviour and still is but after a great time of sobriety i seem to have flipped away. my drinking is very little.(2/3 bottles of wine a week....... but alll in one bag). i get scared of cominvg back here as i know i have sometimes been drunk.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

still trying

Honey, if advice was all it took, we'd all be where we want to be. What can you do?? I don't mean to sound trite with you. You are very special to me and I want you to be well. xo
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

still trying

Spuds-- We have all had those times when we stayed away for the same reason as you. Once you really make the decision that you want to quit over anything else-- your plan will stick. I know in the past I was always thinking that I had to quit but in my heart I was so angry that I had to-- that I was not like "normal" folks who could drink and why me? When I just let go of that thinking (and it took awhile) it seemed a bit easier to make the change. Since I have come here over a year ago my drinking was greatly moderated-- and that was what I thought I wanted. But for me I knew it was a amtetr of time until I progressed back to a bad spot. The way I felt about drinking was just awful - and that was even if I had 2 drinks and stopped. I just could not take that noise in my head any more and the AL made it louder and louder! I will help in any way I can-- I know you want to stop. Let me know how I can help!

Comment

still trying

Hi Spuds, I think the title to your thread is very positive. My heart goes out to you :l I hope you feel better soon. :h

Comment

still trying

Well Spud then you need to go here when your not drinking and let us help you not drink. Just get rid of any AL in your house and never allow AL in your house again.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

still trying

Spuds :l
            Missed you my friend. Don't ever be afraid to come back here..we are your friends and we love you. Lean on us and let us help you be strong.
            :h
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

still trying

spuddleduck;1175145 wrote: i dont know what to say. i would like some advice. lately the only time i come here is when i have had a drink (i have had a drink now) and i dont know what to say. when i found MWO it was my saviour and still is but after a great time of sobriety i seem to have flipped away. my drinking is very little.(2/3 bottles of wine a week....... but alll in one bag). i get scared of cominvg back here as i know i have sometimes been drunk.
              Aww Spuds,
              You are not the only one that comes here when you are drinking, please dont feel bad. I would rather see you come here when you feel you need to than not see you at all. We are all here to help and offer support and advice. Weren't you looking into Nal? Meds are very promising around here you know - you have options you know. The meds have helped a lot of people get sober.:l

Comment

still trying

Hi Spuds. Have you decided if you really want to quit? Have you ever made a written plan of action to get sober? If you have, then maybe this would be a good time (or tomorrow morning) to dust it off and revise it? Or start one?

Don't ever stop trying Spuds. For me, having a plan always takes me closer to my goals than flying blind.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

still trying

It's the hardest thing Spuds: coming back to the forums after falling. You feel like a big hypocrite and even sometimes like it's pointless coming back because you've failed. At least you came back and that's a honourable thing to do when it's easier not to and pretend all is well.

The only thing I can advise is to reflect on your behaviour. Why do you want to drink or visit the boards? What are your reasons for doing what you do? It seems to me there are larger motivations behind our behaviour (I was blasted by some for this opinion in the past). It just seems to me that if we keep doing things we really don't want to do there is something more fundamental behind it than simply wanting a drink buzz.

Keep positive even when things seem impossible. And take vitamins...

x
                  med+c

Comment

still trying

Like I told you Spuds, the reason for the site is to stop or prevent starting back with AL. That's why you're, we're here. Look, learn, and listen, but IMPLEMENT the tools that are here to help you. :hug:
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

still trying

I still want you to play bass on my album. I'm looking to have it out by end of year. We can do it via email. One song. You up for it?

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

still trying

Wooo, G, can I be president of yours and Spud's fan club!? Let me know how to order a copy, please!
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

still trying

Awwww Spuds darlin......
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

still trying

Only just spotted this. Might be a good idea if you posted here during your sober days. There are plenty of people who want to offer you support, but if you hide away or only ask when drunk it doesn't give it much of a chance. It can also be so very easy to be in denial when 'only' drinking once or twice week. Drinking alcoholically once or twice a week was enough to wreak havoc in my life.

Thank goodness it seems to have stopped.

Comment

still trying

Ukblonde;1180897 wrote: Only just spotted this. Might be a good idea if you posted here during your sober days. There are plenty of people who want to offer you support, but if you hide away or only ask when drunk it doesn't give it much of a chance. It can also be so very easy to be in denial when 'only' drinking once or twice week. Drinking alcoholically once or twice a week was enough to wreak havoc in my life.

Thank goodness it seems to have stopped.
                              Good point Blondie.

What's up Spud?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X