Army Thread 9th September 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone. Overdid it last night. No-one to blame but myself. Should have learnt by now. But if any of you guys need any encouragement not to drink, I can confirm that it makes you feel rubbish the next day.

Comment

Morning Mario, Panno and Recciebear again

Reccie, when I was drinking I felt rubbish all my life, not just the next day. Its fookin poison to the body and to the mind
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning starts x

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Feeling a bit better now.

startingover;1175222 wrote: Morning Tiggaroo!
          I am still languishing in my bed, I have decided to take a couple of days sick. Feeling very guilty about it, but think I needed a couple of days off at this moment and couldnt wait until I leave in a week and a half.
          Wouldn't feel too guilty about it starty. Must admit that I did the same thing a couple of times myself towards the end of my one and only job after I became tired of being treated like sh*t. Are you planning to spend the whole day in bed?

Comment

:hallo: Army. Checking in after lunch. Downhill to the weekend from here! Leaving the office in little over an hour.

Glad you're feeling better, WreckedBear
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hello! I'm home a wee bit earlier than planned.:upset:
              Reccie, if you are still around-read this because it might make you feel better.:H
              I left the house super early this morning so I could drop my son at school and then catch the train to work. Made it on time-all good. I was in a really great mood.
              But for one little problem. I started sniffing the air-and there was a really strange smell. I couldn't tell what it was or where it was coming from-but it was really unpleasant. So, I'm sitting in this huge meeting room with my class and the smell gets stronger. At this point-I could tell it smelled like cat pee. Internal panic starts. The smell is coming from me.
              I am cat sitting for the weekend. When I got out of the shower this morning, the animal was sitting on my clothes that I had set out on my bed. I didn't think anything of it and being in a hurry just moved him off and brushed the cat hair off.
              ANYWAY-after the class was over I ran to the loo and started searching for where the smell was coming from. On the bottom side of my jeans by the ankle was a coin sized moist spot. I sniffed. Aughhhh!! The little bastard had marked my clothes! My next class was in a small office with a top executive. I had no time to go home and change or even time to buy something. And the smell was getting stronger. I knew there was no way I could sit closed in the office with that man for two hours stinking up the place-so I had to call his secretary to cancel. I hate to lie-but I said I had to pick up my son from school. I mean, what could I have said?! "I can't come to class because I stink of cat piss and you'll probably pass out from the smell? "The horror.
              So back home and jeans are now soaking in hot water and soap. I swear the cat was smirking at me when I came in. He knows what he did. Grrr...

Comment

Poor Expattie :H:H:H

The cat is telling you what he thinks of you giving preference to Pug dog
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tips-I have been so nice to the beast. And pug dog loves cats. And this is how he repays me! Now I know why his owner begged me to watch his cat. He probably knows what his little kitty gets up to!:H
                  I just hope noone in the morning class noticed the smell was coming from me. Oh God.
                  Well, on a happy note...I'm home for the weekend.
                  Back laters xxx

Comment

Expat thats some story, why dident you cut of the end of your jeans a be a cool hippie girl.

Comment

Ok out of out with mrs mario, see you laters.

Comment

mario;1175336 wrote: Expat thats some story, why dident you cut of the end of your jeans a be a cool hippie girl.
                        :H That might have worked but I didn't have any scissors and no time! Plus, we aren't even really supposed to wear jeans to work but they are lenient on Fridays. But I don't think they would have smiled at me with cut up jeans, for sure!:H
                        Just saw a list for "the top 20 worst cities for driving". Mexico city is at #1, #5 Johannesbourg (for Tips birth city, right?), #13 Paris (I don't have a car), #15 New York (for Cassia), #19 London (Well, it's in England), and #16 Toronto (for Stirly Girly). Dublin was not on the list Mario.

Comment

And the jeans are BRAND new! For my new larger size bod. Can't afford to cut them up.
                          Going to the pool for an hour.
                          x

Comment

Helllloooooooooooooooooooooo, Army

My weekend has started! I'm home, with a big mug of tea next to me. The few things we needed from the shops have been bought. Let the relaxation commence!
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hello again!

Expatty - I can definitely empathise with you on the cat pee front. It really does stink, especially if it's an un-neutered male. There's a beautiful black one in my neighbourhood called Fred who pees on my front door on a regular basis. God knows what the postman thinks when he delivers the mail. And Poppy goes on the carpet in the corner of the lounge. I call it cat pee corner. She knows she's not supposed to go there, so the little bugger waits till I fall asleep! :upset: What's wrong with using her litter tray???

The lovely ladies from the hearing impairment team came round this afternoon with my long awaited brand new screen phone, only to find that buttons 1,2 and 3 didn't work! So they've taken it away and are gonna bring another one next time. And they brought a bloke with them who fitted 3 smoke alarms around the house that are wirelessly connected to a vibrating pager to warn me when they go off. The pager also goes off if the phone rings or the doorbell goes. It's quite an impressive piece of kit.

Comment

Hiya tips

I have a large mug of Bovril chicken stock, as recommended by JC!

Hope you have a restful weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X