Coincidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coincidence?

I've been taking Antabuse for...jeez, I honestly can't remember! All I know is that it saved my life. That one little pill, taken every morning at 7am has allowed me to rack up more sober days than I've been able to keep track of. (I'd seriously have to drag out the calendar to know my "number").
    Funny though (or scary, maybe), last night I had a thought "Hey, if I don't take my AB tomorrow (Friday), by NEXT Friday I can have some beer...yeehaw!!" Now wait a minute, where the hell did THAT come from??
    This morning I looked at my little trusty bottle of white pills, opened it up and said "down the hatch". Coincidence that I'm back on MWO today??? NOPE. Been there/done that. Once that thought pops back into my head, it's time to take action. And thanks to all of you, I know I'll be strong.
    :h
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Coincidence?

Hi K9! Gorgeous avatar BTW. Sobriety looks good on you.

Those AL thoughts are wired into our brains and WILL pop back in from time to time. We just need to be ready. It's normal, and if so many others here can get through it, then I know you can too and I can too.

Good for you to keep poppin' that little pill. Obviously that is a winning strategy for you. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AF TIME - HOWEVER MUCH THAT IS NOW!!!! :yougo::yougo:

How is life? Good I hope.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Coincidence?

Hi k9 good to hear from you and good to see you still in control.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Coincidence?

Hi DG and Mario!
        It's good to be back I hope to log on from home tonight and maybe get into the chat room, I know that can be a really fun place to spend a Friday night!!
        I'm thankful to be in control...and each AL thought is a reminder of how EASY it would be to slip back into my old ways.
        Hangover-Free Saturday mornings are the best! (well, they're all great!)
        Glad to see you both!!!
        K9

Comment

Coincidence?

Great to see you back K9!

MWO is one of the best places in the world to hang out any day of the week and has saved my life on many a Friday. You have just reminded me to appreciate my unhung Saturday morning, boy is it good to open your eyes and smile instead of doing a damage assessment.
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Coincidence?

It is so good to hear from you! You sound great - and not to mention; look fabulous!

Comment

Coincidence?

I am 112 days af and I love the af life and the not being drunk/hangover life too much to go back to AL now.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Coincidence?

Great job Drifty!
                I hear ya' about having too much to go back. I'd rather spend my Saturdays doing other things besides scrambling to piece together the night before. I'll never forget those days of hiding on the couch wishing my words/actions of the night before would disappear. Guilt/anxiety/shame-free is awesome. Keep up your great work!!
                K9

Comment

Working...
                X