Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 113-16 weeks and I feel like a ramble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 113 and I have made it 16 weeks sober. And I feel like having a 16 week ramble to talk about some stuff and to look back at when I first started to see how much I have grown. (don't worry its not too big of a ramble)

When I did my first post here at MOW (6-5-09)I realized that I had a problem (although not as big as some of you here) and I have tried to quit by myself before and failed. I was told of this site from Quitnet and figured that I would give it a try. I knew I was becoming an alcoholic and wanted to quit. I quit and relapsed over and over and you all have stuck by me and encouraged me to keep trying. When I was tired of failing, I decided to mod for awhile then try again and you all helped me there to. When I saw myself slowly failing in my modding, I decided to quit for good. With the new stuff that I have learned over the years and I was finally able to achieve the quit that I have always wanted (with help from both God and you all).

Now I am 16 weeks sober. I look back 16 weeks ago, and I had a hangover and a cold. I was so sick, but this would be my final hangover, and I would and will fight to make sure that I never ever get a hangover again. I was out celebrating my soon to be 16 weeks with some sober time karaoke and I saw people drunk and really drunk and I kept telling myself "I sure don't miss getting or being drunk" I knew they are having a hangover as I type this, but thanks to me being sober, I am hangover free. I am never going to be drunk again (especially really drunk but by being sober I avoid both types of drunk). Now to go to lunch with a friend and do it with a clear hangover free head, and no worry of puking up my lunch.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Drifty, I really enjoyed reading your 16 week ramble! You show us all once again that we don't usually "get it" on the first try. We can't give up. It is also very common for us to cling to the idea of drinking - and think we can somehow learn to control it, even though the evidence is clear that most of us will not be able to. We still feel we have to try. We can't give up then either!!!

Look at you now!!!! Congratulations.

I was LOL at your last comment about puking up lunch. So matter of fact about it. :H

Keep on keepin' on!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;1175992 wrote: Drifty, I really enjoyed reading your 16 week ramble! You show us all once again that we don't usually "get it" on the first try. We can't give up. It is also very common for us to cling to the idea of drinking - and think we can somehow learn to control it, even though the evidence is clear that most of us will not be able to. We still feel we have to try. We can't give up then either!!!

Look at you now!!!! Congratulations.

I was LOL at your last comment about puking up lunch. So matter of fact about it. :H

Keep on keepin' on!

DG
      Exactly! Yeah and another thing that changed that helped was the thinking, if you remember, my early posts and my thoughts was I hope and try, and not so good results. Now I have I can do this, and it is doable type stuff and it does help.

"If at first you fail in your journey to become sober, then try and try again till you succeed. Learn from your mistakes and move on making sure that you don't repeat the same mistakes."
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Drifty,
        I enjoyed your "ramble" as well. I, too, tried to moderate (and failed), and quit (failed many times at that too). Drinking finally just became too much work. It wasn't fun anymore. It made me do things I wouldn't normally do, and usually didn't remember doing the next day. It made me sick, unhappy and miserable. It made my daughter scared and worried.

I'm thankful to be where I am now, no longer worried about what I said or did, no more scrambling the morning after trying to piece together the night before and do damage control. I can look at myself and my daughter with no shame.

You're doing absolutely great Drifty...keep up the good work. Don't forget where you came from, and never want to go back to...and I won't forget either.

:h K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
        X