Still going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still going strong

I am on day 68 days AF. I feel so much better. It feels like my mind is healing at a rapid rate. There have been many tempting moments, but I am not craving AL at this point. It is a mere thought is all which I can handle, thank goodness. I have been off of Antabuse now and my energy is in full swing. It feels fantastic to be finaly taking care of myself Instead of going to bed at 1am or until passing out, I am now genuinly tired at 10pm and have no trouble falling asleep. Occasionaly I feel an anxiety attack comming on, and quietly wait for it to pass. To my surprise it doesn't take it's full course and fades away just as fast as it started to come in. So thankful I am taking life in a better direction. AL is not even a factor in my life, but a memory and will stay that way.
    "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

Still going strong

Glad to hear from you...my northern neighbor! I've been wondering how you've been doing and am thrilled to hear you are so strong and determined. I am inspired - 68 days and counting is a remarkable achievement.

I have made my drinking days (okay...DECADES) a memory, too. I'm still taking quite a few supplements and vitamins, but am weaning back to normal doses.

Have you ever tried taking GABA for anxiety? It can help repair some of the biochemical imbalances in the brain that alcohol damaged. I take it twice a day...and it has a nice calming effect.

Moms of young uns can use all the healthy help they can get!

Keep going Turn...wonder of the tundra!
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Still going strong

68 days is terrific turnaround, keep going forward as it does get better :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Still going strong

Way to go! Keep up the great work Turn Around. With that attitude, you will continue to do well and will get to 114 days before you know it.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Still going strong

Thank you everyone!

Yes I do take Gaba and melatonin before bed. I still have the tingling sensation from taking gaba, along with a change of breathing for 15 minutes but it has seemed to help immensly whatever it is doing. Have also noticed that since I have a regular workout routine since a week after quitting AL and push myself each week, my body and muscles recover at a rapid speed with gaba. Did my own extensive research on it because of the incredible results.

As I do not count my days AF each day, I do have reminders in my phone with a smiley face that alerts me every 20 days. One of those days I found myself contimplating on having just one drink. It wasn't an hour later a reminder of 40 days sober alerted my cell phone and it switched my mind completly to where it should be.
          "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

Comment

Still going strong

Congrats on your 68 days AF! That is fantastic!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X