• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 11 September 2011

Morning Army

Whew! Made it-no double thread.:H
    Off to read around the boards while I wait for you lads to wake up.

Comment

expat3;1176173 wrote: Whew! Made it-no double thread.:H
      Off to read around the boards while I wait for you lads to wake up.
      Always love it when you post first Expatty! Hope all is well in your camp?

Comment

Morning Saucy
        About to run out the door with my son for his swim practise.
        Back laters xxx

Comment

Good morning Expat and My happyplace.

Lovely day here in scouseland and happy to be up bright and breezy after 2 parties yesterday where lots of al was being drunk and I never even felt tempted:new:

Enjoy the swim practice Expat do you get to watch?

How is spring in Oz Happy?

Off to run a half marathon in deepest Wales today. So I escape the family--Another daughter arriving here mid morning.

Comment

myhappyplace;1176184 wrote: Always love it when you post first Expatty! Hope all is well in your camp?
            How is that supposed to make ME feel??? :upset::upset::upset:

Goooooooood morning, Expattie, Saucy & Mrs. A

Phew. I had a marathon sleep. Over nine hours. My usual weekday quota is about 6.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1176204 wrote: How is that supposed to make ME feel??? :upset::upset::upset:

Goooooooood morning, Expattie, Saucy & Mrs. A

Phew. I had a marathon sleep. Over nine hours. My usual weekday quota is about 6.
              sorry....sorry...but I do love Expatty too...

Comment

anon;1176201 wrote: Good morning Expat and My happyplace.

Lovely day here in scouseland and happy to be up bright and breezy after 2 parties yesterday where lots of al was being drunk and I never even felt tempted:new:

Enjoy the swim practice Expat do you get to watch?

How is spring in Oz Happy?

Off to run a half marathon in deepest Wales today. So I escape the family--Another daughter arriving here mid morning.
                spring is gorgeous Anon - day in the garden today like most of the undies and I am ready for a shower and fresh pj's and some fresh vege soup and posh sausage rolls.

Comment

myhappyplace;1176208 wrote: spring is gorgeous Anon - day in the garden today like most of the undies and I am ready for a shower and fresh pj's and some fresh vege soup and posh sausage rolls.
                  Uh-oh.... you mentioned sausage rolls... Not good. Not good at all. You're going to have JC slobbering all over her keyboard.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Right. I better drag my arse off to the shops before the churches are out and things get busy. It's weird: all is calm until just after 11.00.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

On 2nd thought. Just realised the SA match against Wales is about to start. Shops can wait
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Expatty, HP Saucy Gal, Whizzy, Tippers. and all those yet to drop by..............

Did I sniff sausage rolls

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Army - I know I don't post here often but am having a struggle this morning I posted the following on my usual thread but am really struggling and need a bit of help.

I?m logging on this morning because I feel like drowning my sorrows in a bottle or two of wine. My little grandson died early this morning and to say we are all devastated is an understatement. I got the call from my son at 2am so we have been at the hospital all night and have only now come home (to my house) and my son and DIL are downstairs trying to get some sleep but I can hear them both sobbing and talking. I?m not sure what the full story is but his lungs collapsed, he had an infection and it happened very quickly. I?m heartbroken for them both; the hospital staff were very kind and we were able to hold him for the first time, and without all the tubes he looked just like his sister when she was born. It?s just so sad, what an awful night.

I?m feeling very emotional but I need to be strong for them because we have a lot to get through today, I?m sitting here on top of my bed crying my eyes out for a little baby I didn?t know but I guess really for the pain and suffering my son and DIL are clearly going through. I feel a mess, I?ve contacted the family and need to do the practical things for them but it?s so hard.

I've no booze in the house and it's Sunday so no chance of getting any till noon however there is a case of beer in the garage from a barbie and i am never tempted by beer but today might be the day.
                          Dewdrop :h
                          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Oh Dewdrop,

How utterly, utterly tragic. My deepest sympathies to you and yours.

I just cannot begin to imagine what your family are going through.

Poor wee man, may he rest in peace.

Just talk to us Dewdrop, as long as you like.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks JC I just feel such a mess right now and they both need me to support them but it's so difficult. I really feel like I'd love to get trashed, blot the whole thing out - you know?? And I know that won't help but what the hell??
                              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Working...
                              X