Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

starting to date... what to say about not drinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ponderosa, another really good decision was waiting a year to date. That gives you the time to really explore yourself without depending on someone else. Good luck on the dating!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Ponderosa,

I worried about this too when I started dating once I'd got sober.

I think you're right that you can only really tell how much someone drinks or how important alcohol is to them when you meet in person.

I had one date with a woman who drank a couple of beers (no problem) but was telling me stories about her regular drunken exploits (not the woman for me!).

I think when you find out someone's habits/attitudes to alcohol (and lots of other things too!) you'll know deep down whether or not they would be the right person for a possible relationship.

Have fun in the dating pond!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Re: online dating...I met my husband that way! :-)
        "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Working...
        X