My Plan (and a bit of ranting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So good to see you, and I'm SO sorry I didn't help you more. Work on that plan, boy. Hard, I KNOW. It's what's important to you an your life.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Wavey....

Back in my heavy drinking days...I wondered if I drank because I was depressed or if I was depressed because I drank. There were days when it took a herculean effort just to get out of bed in the morning. Everything was gray. I didn't have much interest in life.

I can tell you...I am NOT depressed any longer AND I am not drinking. The medical research is very clear about the role alcohol plays in depression. And anxiety. I'm not a psychic, but I can see more peace, contentment and confidence in your very near future. Guaranteed - to ALL those who overcome the addiction to AL.

Us heavy drinkers have some heavy duty biochemical repair to do. If possible, find yourself a holistic doctor who can help tailor the repair to your needs...otherwise....get your google in gear and read as much as you can about the supplements, vitamins and good whole foods that can help you heal.

I have a trio of happy aminos: L-Glutamine, GABA and L-Tyrosine. Vitamin B complex is also essential in mending. We depleted our supply by drinking.

Stay safe during your detox...you're already on your way to really living again.
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Thanks guys, I really wasn't expecting such a flood of support!

It feels a little self indulgent to have my own thread, I'm really just using it as a log book to make sure I stick to plan but you are all MORE than welcome :-)

Comment

TODAY IS DAY ONE OF TAPERING:

No more than One Bottle of Wine (8 Standard Drinks)

I know I can do this quite easily, it's not really a challenge but it IS a start..

Tonight I am going to the gym for an hour before I have my first glass of wine..

Comment

Hi Wavey
            You are a star, hang in there - stick with us, we will get there - and keep posting. You have a plan, that is brilliant, keep coming here and talk, talk, talk. Be kind to yourself, take care and Love and Sunshine Always Kaza xx
            Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

Cheers Kaza xxx

Comment

I am so knackered post gym, I think it will be an early night!

Huge effort to get there but so glad I went :-)

Onwards and upwards!

Comment

I'm off to crawl into a ball on the couch and watch a DVD..

Will check in Tomorrow :-)

Comment

Good stuff, Wavey!

Comment

What the frog said, Wavey
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Wavey;1176963 wrote: Thanks guys, I really wasn't expecting such a flood of support!

It feels a little self indulgent to have my own thread, I'm really just using it as a log book to make sure I stick to plan but you are all MORE than welcome :-)
                        Wavey, don't think of it as being self indulgent, think of it as being a part of your plan to get yourself well.

I thought of you yesterday - I was at the airport and two guys were being hassled as they were checking in their surfboards. It's funny how our virtual friends invade our thoughts!

Thinking of you wavey, and offering all the support that you need :l
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

TODAY IS DAY TWO OF TAPERING:

No more than 7 Standard drinks.

So will tip one standard drink out of my bottle of wine as soon as I open it..

This should be reasonably easy.

Going to the Folks place for Dinner and won't drink until I arrive home at around 8:30 pm..

Comment

I'm already thinking I need a plan for the Weekend..

I am working Saturday, so there is a good reason not to drink on Friday night.

Comment

Hi Wavey! I am liking your thread, keep up the great work. Nice to see plan in action...

Comment

Wavey;1177331 wrote: I'm already thinking I need a plan for the Weekend..

I am working Saturday, so there is a good reason not to drink on Friday night.
                                Yep. POETS day is a bugger, isn't it? But you'll be prepared.
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X