Happy Days - Touch Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Days - Touch Wood

I had my mother-in-law and a friend round last night. MIL brought a bottle as did friend - very nice wines. I had ONE glass, drank it slowly, enjoyed it, and then went on to soda water as working today.

Usually would have hopped in, and been down at the bottle shop for a third bottle to drink by myself after they left - only a month ago really.

I feel that control creeping back. Losing weight too. Though, I seem to be smoking (ciggys) an awful lot. Guess it's a substitute for now - hubby and I are determined to give up after Xmas - have set a date and eveything.

Fingers crossed I can keep it up over Xmas and New Year.

Cashy

xxxxx
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Happy Days - Touch Wood

Good to hear Cash...I've been eating like a horse...if i could just substitute drinking for execise i'll be on a winner..

Congrats on getting some control back
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Happy Days - Touch Wood

yeah, I need to substitite something for ciggys which are a sub for alcohol, which is a sub for what I thought was normality, etc etc.......

Oh I just love being an addictive personality (except for exercise)!!

Comment

Happy Days - Touch Wood

]Hello Cash

Sounds like you're getting there. I can relate to what you say about feeling the control creeping back. It used to be an automatic decision for me....given any chance to have a drink, I'd have a drink. It wasn't even a decision. I had no control. Now, for some reason, it's not a foregone conclusion. I choose not to drink. Like you, a month ago I would be skipping to the shop for a bottle most nights, as if it were the only choice that I had. My entire outlook has changed now. I am excited by the thought of not drinking. The longer I have some control of myself, the stronger that control is becoming. It is by no means easy. I am expecting rough times but I am in a better place now than I have been for many years. Thanks everyone.

Good luck with the ciggies

Comment

Happy Days - Touch Wood

Cash - Congratulations on your success! Be proud of your aaccomplishment!
          Hawk

Comment

Happy Days - Touch Wood

Hey Cash,
            Just wanted to pop in quickly to say hi and congrats!! Woo-hoo for you. I'm sure you woke up this morning with a big ol' grin knowing you enjoyed ONE glass, kept in control and didn't have a hangover!!!
            Way to go. Have a great holiday... I'm off for the holidays, will be back in January. All the best to everyone,
            Olly

Comment

Happy Days - Touch Wood

Thanks to you all for you words of encouragement. here comes Xmas - bring it on!!

Lotsa love

Cash

Comment

Happy Days - Touch Wood

Congrats Cash - that is quite an accomplishment. Good for you. And feeling in control is such a wonderful feeling. Nothing better. Christmas will be a snap!

I was in the grocery store earlier tonight and saw all the champagne out for NYE. Then I saw several people with wine in their baskets. The thing that occurred to me was not " wish I was getting wine" what occurred to me was that I had actually been in the store and wine hadn't even crossed my mind. It used to be the first thing I thought of when going in the store. Instead I thought- glad I don't have to spend money on wine tonight-glad I don't have to worry about it at all tonight. Felt good.

Anyway....just wanted to say congrats a good job!
                Lisa

Comment

Happy Days - Touch Wood

Thanks, I know what you mean. There are people all around me at work today lookingforward to getting drunk - i'm looking forward to not having a hangover!!

Lotsa love

Cash
                  xxx

Comment

Working...
                  X