Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Troopers!!!

Molly, I would love a mash with onion gravy even tho' I've never eaten it. It just sounds so yummy. In fact, since I've got some lovely pork chops and intend to make mashed potatoes with them tomorrow for our dinner, I think I'll look up a recipe and make some gravy to go with it. I bet the brownings from the chops would make a nice addition to the onion gravy. My, I'm getting hungry just talking about it.

Mario, what kind of beans are we talking about with the liver and onions. I'm almost afraid to ask.

Zen, love your new avatar. I think it was time for a change, too. Actually, I'm thinking to change mine but I don't know what to use. I had a cute little girl with pigtails for my first one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And I've no doubt that you'll pull off the birthday party.

Just a wee thought for you ExPatty. I have only told one other person about MWO and she's an alkie who's been totally AF since 19 Sept. 1999. Frankly, especially with a work colleague, I would only tell someone that I was absolutely sure that I could trust and who wouldn't rat me out if the opportunity arrived. You just never know how things may turn out and a tongue loosened by AL can be evil indeed even from a normally very nice person. Just saying...
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Strily there heinz beans, cause beans means heinz.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

tiptronic_ct;1178802 wrote: Helllooooooooooooo again. Just had dinner - sweet / sour apricot curry. I know. It sounds strange, but it's delish.
        Been racking my brains, there is a sweet and sour one. Is it a bit like a dhansak?

I hoy an apple or two into some of mine.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Hiya stirly and Mrs A

I share your views on expatty's dilema, stirly. I've only told alcohol workers or counsellors about it when asked and even then I've felt quite uncomfortable about it as it would be too easy to identify me.

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Zenstyle;1178819 wrote: Ever tried sultanas?
            Yep , but Mr JC doesn't like them. So I tell him they're dried grapes.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Lovely to have my home back to normal. BTW still got my record for 5k
              On my way through Mersey Tunnel today followed by police. Random breathyliser -- how wonderful. First time I have been checked How lucky am I??

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

I've got a godson who didn't like gravy so we used to call it meat juice.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

anon;1178824 wrote: Lovely to have my home back to normal. BTW still got my record for 5k
                  On my way through Mersey Tunnel today followed by police. Random breathyliser -- how wonderful. First time I have been checked How lucky am I??
                  :yay: How goooooooooooood must you feel, Mrs A. For the 5K and the breathalyser.

ooh it's the Great North Run tomorrow.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

JackieClaire;1178817 wrote: Been racking my brains, there is a sweet and sour one. Is it a bit like a dhansak?

I hoy an apple or two into some of mine.
                    It's a bit of a family recipe. The base ingredients are based on that used for lamb kebabs: Dried Apricot and Lamb Sosaties Recipe - Jenna Holst | Food & Wine

I like using stewing lamb (like neck or knuckle) and make it a cast-iron pot but add chicken stock. For tonight's version I used chicken pieces.
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

And another one for Stirls

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

anon;1178824 wrote: Lovely to have my home back to normal. BTW still got my record for 5k
                        Awesome!!!

:goodjob:
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Zenstyle;1178829 wrote: OMG... yes, that is lucky. I've never had a breathalyzer test. Lucky moi also because, as you can imagine, there have been some occasions I am not proud about. (

I failed one at the fecking office :upset::upset::upset:

Still cringe when I think about it...
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

I've been breathalysed over 40 times.

Every morning at the day patient de-tox and some random ones when I saw my key worker. And I never failed one and was so chuffed..........how sad is that.

Oh and what is Kosher salt
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

JackieClaire;1178836 wrote: I've been breathalysed over 40 times.

Every morning at the day patient de-tox and some random ones when I saw my key worker. And I never failed one and was so chuffed..........how sad is that.

Oh and what is Kosher salt
                              I have no idea what kosher salt is. I'm sure any old salt will do.
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Sheesh... I must be getting old - I'm going to call it a night, take a shower and get under the duvet. I was up before 5, though.

I'll see you on the morrow
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X