• Show
Clear All

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Nighty night Mr T.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

expat3;1178667 wrote: Hello Betty! Great to see you! Glad things are going well with the new house.
      I'm back from the parent/teacher meeting and now have to think about what to fix for lunch. Kids should be home from my ex-in-laws any minute.
      I am praying they just drop the kids outside the door and don't want to come in for their usual "inspection"-grrr...
      After a very busy work/school week , I have loads of arranging to do.
      Just throwing out a kinda delicate question....Have any of you been a bit reticent to tell someone about MWO because you know they would know who you are and then not feel comfortable to express yourself? I have already shared MWO with a very close friend and even told him that I'm "expat" but he chose not to join. He really enjoyed the tigger thread(he spent three hours reading it!:H) and some of the posts from the Army but he is not ready to quit drinking and modding is not even a possibility. It really saddens me because he is a dear friend from my childhood and I know if he continues at the rate he is going-he will not be around for much longer. He used to look like James Dean but now just looks older than his years and painfully thin. But anyway, I've met someone who is AF but struggling. I know I should mention MWO but have not done so yet because I don't have a close enough friendship yet to know if he would use against me the personal things I share with you guys. I feel slightly guilty and confused about it. Any advice? xxx
      Good question expat, A few people know i am on here,I don't try and think what there thinking as i am now quite comfortable talking about any aspect of my life with nearly anyone,I don't feel i have anything to hide but i do understand that other people for security and jobs and other very personal reasons want to remain anonymous and it can be confusing and make you guilty,If your in doubt keep the way you are for a another while anyway.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

mario;1178815 wrote: Strily there heinz beans, cause beans means heinz.Dawg almighty, I was hoping you meant green beans as in a salad to complement your meal. Liver and onions and baked beans. Well, good thing you didn't wash it all down with a beer or two. Your intestines would be complaining, to say the least...
        Zenstyle;1178816 wrote: Stirls... you found this avatar too! You are my official Avatar Administrator! )

I'll see if I can find a wee stick figure that suits you...No, I'm the Avatar Tart. And I'm too "rounded" to have a stick-figure avatar. That's for our Mrs. A. And MollyK seeing as she's lost over 60 pounds and for JC who will be less than a shadow of her former self soon enough...
        JackieClaire;1178817 wrote: Been racking my brains, there is a sweet and sour one. Is it a bit like a dhansak?

I hoy an apple or two into some of mine.
        "Hoy" an apple. Can't you ever speak bloody plain English? I have to goggle as it is, on the Undies thread. Don't make me goggle here as well...:upset:
        Recluse;1178820 wrote:
        Hiya stirly and Mrs A

I share your views on expatty's dilemma, stirly. I've only told alcohol workers or counselors about it when asked and even then I've felt quite uncomfortable about it as it would be too easy to identify me.
        Hiya Panda-Man. Sending a :huggy your way just because I think you're a very special person.
        Well, it's good to be honest with the people that can handle it and will keep it in confidence. Unfortunately I've been back-stabbed and gossiped about behind my back, head, butt, and other body parts, so much, that I have very little trust in other peeps. Thankfully, I feel that I can trust you wonderful people with anything I would want to put out there, but it is still an open forum and therefore, I am cautious here as well since, as you said, Reccie, it wouldn't be hard to track me down...
        anon;1178824 wrote:
        Lovely to have my home back to normal. BTW still got my record for 5k
        On my way through Mersey Tunnel today followed by police. Random breathyliser -- how wonderful. First time I have been checked How lucky am I??
        Mrs. A. - YOU ROCK!!!
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Nighty night

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Love you too Stirly

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Goodnight mr tips, dream of the Dubs winning tomorow will ya, thanks

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Night anon see you in the morning x

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Rightio lovelies, gonna go and make our very late dinner.

See you on the morrow.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Must be off myself to walk the dogger and then to bed. Wishing all of you

P.S. :h:h to all of you....
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Goodnight stirly x

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Good night.:l
                        Thank you all for your replies on my dilema-to share or not to share MWO.
                        Going to read a book to my son and then under the duvet myself. xxx

Comment

Army thread Sat 17th!!!

Goodnight Army x

Comment

Working...
                          X