Army thread Sunday 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Sunday 18th

mario;1179157 wrote: match is still on,Dublin not doing to bad better than i expected for now, laters
    :goodjob:

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

anon;1179160 wrote: Liverpool did really badly in the footie. Reccie will be a sad bear.
      Yep, a very sad bear, Mrs A! :upset: Probably just as well I missed it. Seen the scoreline, but haven't dared to read the report on the match yet. Think I will forget about watching MOTD 2 tonight.

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

Ah well, good to see that at least the Irish contingent in the barracks are happy!

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

We get something rather similar with our capital over here, Molly. Londoners are perceived as being southern softies by the northerners, and they have a bit of a reputation for being chelsea-tractor-driving-yuppy-wimps.

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

:hallo:

Just a fly-by. Busy making dinner. Turned out to be quite a busy day. Go figure
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

Hiya tips

Did you get your light fitting changed?

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

So...it's been a fairly rubbish day so far. My team lost 4-0 and I had to endure my brother's company for 3 hours and, oh God, he wants to meet up again in a few weeks! Will it never end?

And the food at what they laughably call a restaurant was shite. Tined tuna, tinned sweet corn, in mayo, all literally as cold as if they had come straight out of the fridge, plonked on top of a hot baked potato that had been sliced in two. The baked potato stayed hot for all of 3 minutes. I can't work out whether they had forgotten to cook the other ingredients or if they had just not thought through the recipe properly.

My brother and I have now met up 4 times this year at inns, hotels and restaurants for lunch and out of the 8 meals we had between us, only one was anything approaching edible. I genuinely had no idea that professional cooking in this country was so bad. Or are we just eating at the wrong places?

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

Dublin have won the all Ireland, Going out to get meself a pint of water,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

Thought you might end up having a celebratory drink...

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

Like your new signature, BTW, mario.

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

Inchy - can I borrow one of your doodling pens, please?

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

Ok, I can take a hint. Persona non grata and all that. :upset:

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

i can go one better than that reccy, have a whole box of crayons xD
                            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

Recluse;1179181 wrote: So...it's been a fairly rubbish day so far. My team lost 4-0 and I had to endure my brother's company for 3 hours and, oh God, he wants to meet up again in a few weeks! Will it never end?

And the food at what they laughably call a restaurant was shite. Tined tuna, tinned sweet corn, in mayo, all literally as cold as if it they had come straight out of the fridge, plonked on top of a hot baked potato that had been cut in two. The baked potato stayed hot for all of 3 minutes. I can't work out whether they had forgotten to cook the other ingredients or if they had just not thought through the recipe properly.

My brother and I have now met up 4 times this year at inns, hotels and restaurants for lunch and out of the 8 meals we had between us, only one was anything approaching edible. I genuinely had no idea that professional cooking in this country was so bad. Or are we just eating at the wrong places?Hiya Panda-man. Have I told you lately how much I like seeing your cute face whenever I log in? Seriously, I do. And I like to read your posts too. You have your own very special humour and special way of expressing yourself.
                              Sorry the food was so bad. Actually, it sounds horrible. I've never heard of a baked potato served with tinned tuna and tinned corn. Good grief. I wouldn't serve that to my dogger. Not that he wouldn't scarf it down, mind you, but just saying. And to have to pay for something so thoughtlessly put together, well it's just not right.
                              mario;1179182 wrote: Dublin have won the all Ireland, Going out to get meself a pint of water,:H Good one Mario. Congrats for the Dublin team!!
                              Recluse;1179192 wrote:
                              Inchy - can I borrow one of your doodling pens, please?
                              What's this about Inchy's doodling pens? I asked another time but got no answer. Something about her doodling on the walls. The walls in her place or in the barracks...
                              Recluse;1179197 wrote:
                              Ok, I can take a hint. Persona non grata and all that. :upset:
                              Yer not, you know. It's just that it's Sunday and a lot of people are out and about enjoying the last few days of "summer" weather. Mind you it got up over 30C again here today. Yesterday, we went to the :beach:. Today we went for a drive in Stirly's little car - the saucy little "topless" Beba...

Hiya MollyK and Inchy. X-post. I was busy typing and didn't see youz there...
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread Sunday 18th

mollyka;1179202 wrote: OOOh Reccie hope you're still around - was busy with an amazing lump of beef, irish cabbage, buttered parsnips and carrots and roasties

Absolutely STUFFED -
                                Pork chops with BBQ sauce, mashed potatoes with onion gravy and parmesan and Stirly's special "tooti-fruiti" salad. And of course grilled rustic bread and great slabs of feta cheese. Green grapes and fresh figs for dessert...

Wot you going to colour, Inchy. I :h crayons. And coloured markers. I have a set in many of my fave colours, one of them being purple. Who woulda guessed??

Inchy, do you paint or draw? If so, I'd be interested in seeing some of your work if you can take pics of them and post them here or send them to me in an e-mail.
                                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X