The Canucks Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Seems that there was general consensus to have a 'Canadian Thread'... so taaaa-daaaa! Here it is

Everyone welcome, as always!!!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

The Canucks Co

Morning GG and all to come. Turning out to be a gorgeous day. Temps up again and sun out. My baby was born 23 years ago today.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Happy 23rd Birthday, RC's baby
      Ohh.... and Good morning!

Yep, purdy day here as well; I think I might be able to put the hip waders away today
      Got my horse trailer hooked up this morning, need to put in some serious hours of work and then take the muddy horse to lessons this afternoon.

Happy Tuesday, eh!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Thanks GG. It was wonderful to spend a birthday with her. First one in 10 years. It's been quite dry here although we did get a great rain all night. Are you training with Atlas or your new horse? (sorry don't know her? name) Daughter got a 4 month old Appaloosa as a project. So cute.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

The Canucks Co

[QUOTE=sunshine_gg;1179946
          Happy Tuesday, eh!
          Right, eh!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

LOL.. yep, training with Atlas.. the new one's name is Trouble.. an older gent I took him out for the first time the weekend before last.. and MAN, does he ever have go! Little speed walker, he is :H

Awww.. a 4 month old? They are lovely at that age! My friend has one (well, 2 actually) around that age.. and the one little guy is just the funniest thing ever. He ADORES scratches... he will stretch and lean into you like a cat, just to get some more. He'd purr if he could! :H

Really glad things are coming together with your daughter... it's been a long time coming, hasn't it? :l

Comment

The Canucks Co

I qualify too! Nothing much to report today. It's gorgeous but still hot in Texas, just had a milkyway with my coffee arggh! Can anyone recommend a diet my weight is creeping up.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

The Canucks Co

Oh SK.. I wish I could give some brilliant advice! Actually, RC might!

I put on 20lbs after my surgery last November and I'm still struggling with losing that I know it isn't healthy but I've resorted to eating next to nothing... every time I eat a real dinner I gain at least 2lbs.. so not fun! But I'm also working out twice a week with a personal trainer now... and I am seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

But every now and then, I give into the chocolate habit, too... that prolly doesn't help, huh? :H

Comment

The Canucks Co

SKendall;1179975 wrote: I qualify too! Nothing much to report today. It's gorgeous but still hot in Texas, just had a milkyway with my coffee arggh! Can anyone recommend a diet my weight is creeping up.
                  SK,
                  I like Weight Watchers, You can eat what you want but you work on a points system, so you kind of pick and chose what you can have and try to stay under the recommended amount of daily points. I obtained my goal wieght by doing this. Just my opinion - everyone's different

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hello fellow Canucks, I think weightwatchers is really the simplest one. I like the old points system but I really haven't given the new points system a try. Just had a physical this morning; waiting for the phone call about the blood work... yikes.
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

Fingers, eyes, legs crossed Tippy! Don't drive yourself mad with worry!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Com'on now Canucks---we know you're out there. What's the weather like in your part of this vast beautiful country?

Tipper, I posted to you in Vynan's thread about sunflower seeds I think or maybe the one about smoothies.

Sunny, I know you had good lesson with Atlas from chat last night. That's great. You two will be taking ribbons before you know it. Trouble sounds like a zippy old dude. Is he a rescue? Daughter's horse has never been handled--so he is definitely a project. She's a bit of a horse whisperer--do watch Heartland?

Hi Skendall, are you a Canadian living in Texas now?

Gotta Stop--I'm no expert, but from what I've heard weight watchers allows alot of pointless foods because they have low points. I have no idea what their success rate is but it seems to me it is not a sustainable program nutritionally. JMO too

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hola, RC!

Awwww.. ain't he a cutie :heart: Is he the Appy? Looks like he's got a lot of mane for 4 months old and Appy!

I'm not necessarily in it for the ribbons, hun... although we did get a few last year. But I felt that I rushed things and neither of us were quite ready. I'm just going back to basics with Atlas. Trouble isn't really a rescue - or at least not anymore. He was really REALLY sick a couple years back and was given to a friend of mine (he was a trail horse most of his life). She now would like something younger and up for 4-5 hour rides.. and the old guy really should only be asked to do 1-2 hours at a time.. which suits me perfectly

Yeah, I did get into Heartland.. but I see a lot of nonsense on it, too... :H

Btw... I'm going out this aft to get ingredients for healthy brekkie smoothie! It's a step in the right direction, right? Now, all I have to do is actually MAKE it!

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1179915 wrote: Seems that there was general consensus to have a 'Canadian Thread'... so taaaa-daaaa! Here it is

Everyone welcome, as always!!!

Great idea, Sunny-bean.

Tipplerette started a thread back in January and I ended up bumping it up a couple of times and it finally faded out. Let's hope this time, there are more peeps joining us.

Here's the link to that other thread..... https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...s-2-47388.html

And here is a random list of some, but not all of the Canadians on this forum. Just got it by going back over a couple of threads. So here goes...

Sunshine_gg
                            RingingCedars
                            Sidney
                            Tipplerette
                            Gyco
                            Accountable For Me
                            Universal
                            Coco-Nut
                            Skendall
                            Habsfan
                            Meech
                            ChristyAcc
                            42Cat
                            Fay2play
                            Meech
                            Hillside Time
                            Road to Recovery
                            Summer Girl
                            Katie Smiles
                            Canada Girl
                            Mohun
                            Magdalana
                            Korlan
                            Gotta Stop
                            Judestir
                            Kaslo
                            Caper564
                            Stirly-Girly

That's a total of 28 Canucks that I know of and there is another girl from NS but I've forgotten her user name.

Now, just to remind you fellow Canadians what we have to be proud of, here are a few pictures that I posted on the other thread.

So let's see if we can't keep this thread going, eh?
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Wow, I didn't realize there were that many of us!!!! And I totally didn't know the penguin was! :H

Does that mean we outnumber the Canadian Forces? :H

Comment

Working...
                              X