The Canucks Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Errrrmmm.. not yet, no smoothie. Turns out, there's some sort of gasket missing from my blender :H What a fine mess that was, this morning! :H But I will look for MIA pieces and I shall try again!

Did get to see the kids and the new grand baby! He slept the whole time, lil bugger! Didn't even really wake up when I fed him... a real 'go getter', by the looks of it! :H Up to the nose, he's all my son, nose totally from mummy, and the rest in undetermined until further notice

Son and g/f are good and I've spent quite a bit of time with the adoptive parents, as well. All I can say is, the kids lucked out.. even just to have those two people in their lives. They care an awful lot about all three of them. All in all, a very reassuring visit!

And now, I better get some work done!

P.S. "Reunion Island Brazil Bahia Blue-medium roast-medium grind" Up to the medium roast part I thought you were selling a new survivor series! :H
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Well thats all well and nice, but...where's my pie?? Hmmm???:tonguemonkey:

Seriously, that's great that the couple is showing compassion and care for the young parents too. Now get to work---me too!!
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

RingingCedars;1180970 wrote: Well thats all well and nice, but...where's my pie?? Hmmm???:tonguemonkey:

Seriously, that's great that the couple is showing compassion and care for the young parents too. Now get to work---me too!!
        Last I saw of that pie, Junior was attacking it and spilling on his pants :H

Kinda funny, while I was there his father texted him (he 'texts' now with both the kids) and said Happy Birthday. Junior and I, together, said "Holy shit, he remembered?" and then his g/f and I looked at each other and, together, said "Facebook!" Seeing that this is the first time in 13 years he has said happy birthday :durn:

As for the couple.. I knew they had been involved in their lives for quite a while but really didn't realize how much until today. I had a very insightful conversation with the 'Dad' about my son (and we compared the changes we are seeing in him over the past 6 months) and also his g/f who hasn't had an easy life and is a damn smart, strong, admirable young woman. While I always said that I think she is Junior's savior, apparently it goes the other way around as well.

All in all.. all is well. And all that jazz

Comment

The Canucks Co

Ok... ex-nay on the smoothies for now. Missing gasket thingie for blender seems to be permanently gone. Well, next shopping trip will have a blender on the list, I suppose. Rats. I almost did it, too!

Anywhoo... sweet dreams, wherever you are... I will indulge in a cup of tea and fulfill some domestic duties here. Night night!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey GG--busy afternoon and reading my new trade mag now. you can always put the protein in a jar of water or milk and eat the fruit. Still a good start to the day.

Also wanted to say what a luck grandbaby you have. So many loving, responsible people in her life. I bet your son is thriving with the support of a good man in his life now too.

Sweet dreams girl!

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

The Canucks Co

haha shake it before you drink it---you knew that lol

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1180967 wrote: Errrrmmm.. not yet, no smoothie. Turns out, there's some sort of gasket missing from my blender :H What a fine mess that was, this morning! :H But I will look for MIA pieces and I shall try again!
                I can well imagine. Imagine this: smoothie with greens powder in blender ready to go. Forgot to take spoon out that I was pushing the sides down with. Flip it on and green goo and a spoon rockets out of it shooting said green goo all over the stucco ceiling. Aarghhh:H

Then there was the time I knocked my purple goo all over my keyboard. Couple hours to clean that one up too.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Morning RC, fellow pucks, and whoever else drops by

Will be out all day... 10 hour road trip. Yick.
                  Back tonight or tomorrow.. have a fabby AF Friday!!!
                  :hallo:

Comment

The Canucks Co

RC and GG you two are hilarious. Very entertaining. Love the blender mishaps.. Thanks, RC for the alternative to statins, I so do NOT want to take them.

Isn't it wonderful being a granny? My grandbaby comes over this Saturday. She just turned a year August 20th. We sit together and "sing" lullabies. I sing the words and she sings "La la, la ... " Love it.

I have always been a big fan of open adoptions. My daughter is from Korea and the not knowing is really killing her even now at 23 but she is too stubborn and angry at her birth mom to use the info I have to do some research. Maybe when she's a mother she'll look into finding her own which I think will bring her such comfort and relief.

For anyone who wants to join a free weight loss website that is amazing it's called Sparkpeople.com and it makes it easy to monitor not only what you eat but how much sugar, cholesterol, etc. you consume. You can track calories burned, etc. Not implying that any of you need to lose weight but I am still fighting the last ten pounds.

Have a great day. The leaves are falling here at the cottage and the orange blanketed laneway is gorgeous.

Tips
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

Morning GG, Tipper, fellow Canuckians and friends of the polite kind(Zen).

Tipper, kudos to you for adopting. BC (before children), I always said I would adopt. Didn't end up that way. Actually, things ended very far from what I dreamed. I hope your daughter does look her birth mother up--it sure helped give me a sense of peace and confidence to meet my Dad this year. I have Grandbabies to look forward to in the next few years I hope. I'll have to use google to remember some of the lullabies I sang to them. Precious times.

One day is like summer and the next we plunge into fall. Actually the bank teller told me Fall was officially at 5:05am this morning. Who knew

Oh, Tipper how did you like Zumba. They are offering it here in town. If I can work out a payment plan with them, I would love to take it too.

Will be asking the travel saints and angels to watch over you GG.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Reggie;1181534 wrote: Australia here,
                        I speak for all of us OK

WE LOVE!! Canadians :lipstick::lipstick::threekisses:

Just sayin:h

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQf13B8epw[/video]]Canadian, Please - YouTube

Reg xxoo
                        Well that rocks Reg and so do you! muahhh

You'd think I'd have seen it before now.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1180967 wrote: Errrrmmm.. not yet, no smoothie. Turns out, there's some sort of gasket missing from my blender What a fine mess that was, this morning! But I will look for MIA pieces and I shall try again!Hey Ladies and Reggie!!

This gave me a good laugh Sunnie-bean. I thought I was the only one who does things like that...:H

sunshine_gg;1180967 wrote: P.S. "Reunion Island Brazil Bahia Blue-medium roast-medium grind" Up to the medium roast part I thought you were selling a new survivor series! I wondered what it was, too, when I first started to read it...
                          RingingCedars;1180970 wrote:

I posted about that on the Army thread. I think it's fabulous that those people are so caring and want all of you in the baby's life. Unbelievable.
                          RingingCedars;1181213 wrote:
                          I can well imagine. Imagine this: smoothie with greens powder in blender ready to go. Forgot to take spoon out that I was pushing the sides down with. Flip it on and green goo and a spoon rockets out of it shooting said green goo all over the stucco ceiling. Aarghhh

Then there was the time I knocked my purple goo all over my keyboard. Couple hours to clean that one up too.
                          We used to shake cans of grape soda and then open them in my Granny's kitchen when we were little. She had a permanently purple-spotted ceiling.

I've only ever flipped a bowl of meusli and milk on my keyboard. Well, not mine really, but son's. Got the vacuum to it right away but it still left a hell of a mess. I fleetingly thought of running it under the tap but nah, that didn't sound right.
                          Reggie;1181534 wrote:
                          Australia here,
                          I speak for all of us OK

WE LOVE!! Canadians :lipstick::lipstick::threekisses:

Just sayin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQf13B8epw[/video]]Canadian, Please - YouTube

Reg xxoo
                          We :h you, too Reggie dear. Great song - I'd never heard it before. Gave me a good chuckle...
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

The Canucks Co

stirly-girly;1181543 wrote:
                            We used to shake cans of grape soda and then open them in my Granny's kitchen when we were little. She had a permanently purple-spotted ceiling.

I've only ever flipped a bowl of meusli and milk on my keyboard. Well, not mine really, but son's. Got the vacuum to it right away but it still left a hell of a mess. I fleetingly thought of running it under the tap but nah, that didn't sound right.
                            Hiya Stirly! Now you got me thinking of what a shit I was as a kid. We were in my Mom's VW bug eating McD's and I was squeezing the hell out of one of those little ketchup packets. Yep, she blew all over the interior. I don't remember getting a beating.:H Then there's the lovely red wine incidents of recent years. :sigh:

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

RingingCedars;1181558 wrote: Hiya Stirly! Now you got me thinking of what a shit I was as a kid. We were in my Mom's VW bug eating McD's and I was squeezing the hell out of one of those little ketchup packets. Yep, she blew all over the interior. I don't remember getting a beating.:H Then there's the lovely red wine incidents of recent years. :sigh:
                              Oh, all kids do stuff like that. We never got into any real trouble and never did anything really dangerous. Just the usual stuff that kids who grow up in a small town do - catching frogs in the creek, chasing the fraidey-cats around with a snake and sloshing around in our grandmother's tub so much that we flooded the bathroom and started a leak in the ceiling below. Being the oldest of four kids, I started out "looking out for" my sister of two years younger and then helping to raise the younger two. So I didn't sew my wild oats til I moved to Toronto to college. Now that was an experience. My parents brought us up in a good Christian home - you know, Sunday school every Sunday and then the regular service as we got older. Singing in the church choir and anticipating in lots of sports - really active in the community events. Anyway, when time came to go to the "big city", they were kind of concerned about me living on my own since I'd never left home before. They were quite relieved when they found me a room in a boarding house type of place run by the Women's Christian Association. I had to share a room with another girl but that was fine with me as I'd always shared with my sister. Anyway, to make a long story short, those fine Christian ladies who ran the place really didn't have much control over the goings on of the girls there. My roommate ended up getting pregnant as did another girl on our floor and we had more drinking parties than I can remember. Joe Cocker and Eric Clapton playing full blast on the radio and girls running up and down the halls laughing like loons. I was just 18 but dressed up fancy with gloves and a smart purse and all and went to the local LCBO store to buy a mickey of lemon gin. That was our drink. Three or four of us would get drunk on just 13 ounces of AL. If you can imagine that. Lots of beer parties with other college kids, etc., etc. Then I got a boyfriend and graduated to LCBO "spirits" - white alcohol I guess it was, mixed with orange juice. I can still remember hugging the toilet with the fried rice we'd eaten before we started hitting the bottle, coming out of both my mouth and my nose a couple of hours later. :yukko: Anyway, all in all it was a year of new experiences and my one and only contact with college life. Unfortunately, it wasn't the end of my "friendship" with AL...
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Happy Friday Canucks. This thread is fun. Gorgeous day here in TX 85 and sunny, we have had a horribly hot summer and broke all records. We are in a terrible drought and water is being rationed. I think it's only rained 2x in 4 months.

My permanent home is in WA state - 1-1/2 hr ferry ride to Vancouver Island. We have the most rainfall in the U.S. - Forks, WA home of Twilight. When my first grandchild was born in Texas I offered babysitting for her as my daughter didn't want to leave her. My son attends university in B.C.

Thanks for the diet tips. Haagen Daz makes little cones now, another addiction, lol.

I hope everyone has a fabulous, productive and AF weekend.
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X