The Canucks Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

MWO Lady, Topomax really does a number on one's mind, eh... but it cuts the appetite so that's the flip side. I hope your mood gets better throughout the day. Why don't you go outside and play in the snow. I am taking the little grandbaby outside after breakfast for a romp. She just started walking and it's so much fun to watch her toddle cautiously around the cottage with the big galoot of a dog just waiting to bounce her off a wall. She's a boxer and the poor baby really has a hard time with the dog around. All my kids have dogs and always bring them when they visit. Small cottage: large Dogs - crappy combination.

Have a groovy Sunday. Day 5 today I think.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good morning ladies!

I've got nothing too exciting on the agenda today... more puttering around the house, more work on dutch doors for barn, more finishing to do in the tack room. Atlas gets his last injection today and I did finally notice the swelling down some.

MWOLady... at least you have an excuse for your brain farts. I stood at a store a week ago and they asked my postal code... for the life of me I couldn't recall :H

Tippy... enjoy your weekend with the little one! I know what you mean about big dogs in small places... we had 2 good size dogs and a husky pup here for Christmas... 'twas a bit of an obstacle course

Ok, it's 10am... I better get my rear in motion. Have a fabby AF Sunday!!!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good Mooooorrrrning Canuckles!
        Gorgeous out there with a thick blanket of virgin snow. May have to post some pics later.

Tipper I can picture your galoot running in the snow. Pure muscle at lightening speed and maneuvering. I'm in awe to watch Mia actually. I have a big evergreen laden with snow and she loves to charge under then and "hide" and then just as quickly charges out. Goes 0 to 50 in like 3 seconds!:H

How did the sleep tabs work there GG?? Glad Atlas is showing some improvement. That's kind of slow. Ever tried apple cider vinegar for swellings?

Enjoy church lady and pray hard for your husband. I'll pray hard for your husband! :H

Ok bacon needs turning.......30 frickin days FINALLY! Done several 28's or so but never held out on the 4th weekend.

Chow Bellas.
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Know what you mean, Tip, about babies and doggies. We had friends over last week and our dog, who is the most gentle thing, came ripping into the house and bounded up to their littlest one and man you could have heard the shrieks in the next town!!!! Such a shame because they stay fearful for ages - until they get taller!!

Hey, RC congrats on your 30!! - I am SOOOO close. I did bacon too, man I love love love love that stuff. And I agree - nothing so fun as watching dogs running in the snow - they really seem to love it. I think, too, it's that they don't get as hot. Well, today I promised myself not to spent too much time on this brain-sucking machine so I'm off until tomorrow morning. Have a lovely, snowy day yaw'll.
          Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
          (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

The Canucks Co

RC, congratulations again on your 30 days. You should be very proud of yourself. When I get there I think I am going to have a wild and crazy TEA party.

Good idea not to spend the whole day on here. Hubby just suggested a four-wheeler ride. Maybe that's the thing. We had bacon too. Must be a Canadian thing. It's funny the Americans call Pemeal bacon, Canadian bacon and we eat American bacon. Love the pemeal stuff though but it's not often sold at our little country grocery store.

Baby, son, DIL, doggie all gone home. Cottage is quiet.
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good Afternoon My Fellow Canadians and Internationals
              I think I can say the funk is sunk! I cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom, tidied up a bit, did the laundry and am sitting down to a semi clean desk.
              Lord how I hate a messy house. The renovation room is still on hold, but I did vacuum it out and tidy it up so it doesn't look so depressing. I have a sh**old of work to do so must get to it.
              RC Congratulations on the 30 days that is fabulous. You are past the hardest part now.
              Not going to say individual hellos as I am already behind and need to get my ass in gear.
              Hugs to all.
              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
              November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hope everyone on this thread, MWO are having lovely Sunday night,

Congrats RC on making it through that 4th weekend! Whoohoo, 30 days!

GG; glad this was the last injection for Atlas, how is he doing? How are you? Sounds like you're getting lots of work done on your projects this weekend, bet that feels nice... always does when you can see the results of hard work.

Good weekend for me, just winding down and snacking of course; I've moved onto Skittles... forgot how fun those are! Today is 2 weeks AF! I feel good and like I can handle what life throws at me next. Bring it on life! Okay, maybe not.. that may be a sugar high talking but what I'm like about being AF today is knowing I'll go to work tomorrow well rested and ready to finish a monster project.

Gnite!

Comment

The Canucks Co

happy mondya my canuck friends.. still sober here and loving it.. almost 1 month

caper
                  caper
                  AF since Sept 2013...
                  :alf:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Well done, Canucklings! Look at us go!

Wally, so glad you're coming out of your funkiness! Missed you!
                    RC, did you even SEE your very own 30-day thread? Congrats again!

I'm happy to report that Atlas is back to normal and his wicked ways. I was greeted at the barn this morning (the barn, that's in front of the pasture, where I would expect to find my horses in the morning). Thankfully, there's no 'catching' required with him, he enthusiastically trots up to me and follows me back to the gate. And poor Trouble watches from behind the fence "How come HE gets to run around out there?"... Trouble is a good boy, he doesn't sneak through fences. Now, gate latches are another issue. Anyways, time to turn the fence back on for a couple of days to remind the little traveler that one may get zapped when one shimmies under electric fences. But, his boy-bits are looking good this morning, back down to normal size. So, all is well, I suppose.

Last night I got a call from the UCCM (Native Police) to please come and pick up my 'husband and son'. Uhhhmmm. Ok, then. Turns out, Mr. Wonderful was being pulled over right about the same time my truck finally called it quits (the alternator had stopped working hours earlier) RIGHT in front of the police station. Well, he almost made it home. He was driving without lights (to save the battery) and using the headlights of the car in front of him (whose driver called the cops to report an obviously drunk driver) So, he collected a $110 ticket but it could have been a lot worse/expensive, had he broken down in the middle of nowhere on the highway. He bought a new alternator yesterday on the way home but there were no mechanics available to put it in. So, he'll do that tonight and we'll do some shuffling and get the truck back home.

And that's it for excitement from my neck of the woods... how's everyone else's day going?

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey All--just dropping in to wish you all a great day and week. Go Caper--congrats! Glad Atlas is feeling perky enough to "wander"(if I understood that right). Too bad about Mr. Wonderful.

Good to see you out of the funk Wally. I love the way you express yourself, you know.

Oh ya, GG many thanks for the thread--you rock! I'm thinking I have no reason to drink in February either. No social events planned. Definitely no social smoking!

CG--How're ya making out with the festivities??

Gotsta run......
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hidey Ho Canoodlers (well it's almost Valentines day)
                        Got some billable work done yesterday. That is good. Found a cheque for $500.00 that I thought I had lost for good (YESSSSSSS).
                        Lots of work to do today, but up for it for a change.
                        GG great news on Atlas, too bad about the alternator. Don't you love these Dudley Do Rights that need to report everything. Like the little snitches in school.
                        Today, thanks so veeery much, now I want Skittles STAT!!!!! No desire to go out in the white stuff though. I wonder if someone delivers Skittles?
                        Well done Caper, it's good to live life sober.
                        Hey RC stop by when you can stay a little longer.
                        Okay back to hunching over the desk, repotted and tidied a bunch of plants this morning, so feeling very Mother Naturist right now.
                        Cheers
                        November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Damn Wally!!! You might inspire me to do a thorough clean up here! :H Way to go on the found cheque! If that doesn't lift yer mood, I dunno what will. Maybe a Skittles delivery service!

I finally watered all my 150 friggin plants in this house yesterday... does that count as being mother naturely? :H

RC... I'm with ya. I don't see any reason to drink in Feb, either I'm coming up on 4 months now and I'm rather liking it. On the flip side... I really DETEST the smell of the Mr.'s nightly wine... have no desire whatsoever to put that to my lips. I really hope this keeps up.

Anywhoo.. I also need to get back to hunching. Tally-ho for now!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hi Yaw'll

Hey Wally, I don't see why you couldn't call a cabbie and have him pick up some Skittles for you and deliver them. When we lived in Calgary you could call a cab and they would run out to the LCBO, pick up your liquor of choice and delivery it right to the door. Shows how many people couldn't drive (I wonder why??).....what a life eh? Aren't we glad we don't drink? :H

Too topa-dopa to say hi to everyone. Feeling a bit crabby today - crazy weather give me headaches.

The Mr. grabbed a book I wanted to start - got to the library pile before I could - he's a fast little critter - but I've got lots to choose from - the good ladies at the li'berry got some really old Maugham stuff out of storage for me so I'll be immersed in the South Seas for awhile. Mostly stories of British Empire builders, rubber planters, and administrators in what used to be called Federated Malay States - this would be back in the 30's mostly...they all drank like fish, had affairs, and various adventures, played tennis at "The Club," had Chinese houseboys, lovely delicate, native lovers, suffered for weeks in the rainy season, and were all very la di da, but the stories are very dark, and mysterious....I just love that stuff.

Dryer stopped so I gotta go make the bed up - sort of exciting Monday I'm having. Anyway All is well here. Bye for now.
                            Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                            (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

The Canucks Co

MWOLady;1253531 wrote: The Mr. grabbed a book I wanted to start - got to the library pile before I could - he's a fast little critter - but I've got lots to choose from - the good ladies at the li'berry got some really old Maugham stuff out of storage for me so I'll be immersed in the South Seas for awhile. Mostly stories of British Empire builders, rubber planters, and administrators in what used to be called Federated Malay States - this would be back in the 30's mostly...they all drank like fish, had affairs, and various adventures, played tennis at "The Club," had Chinese houseboys, lovely delicate, native lovers, suffered for weeks in the rainy season, and were all very la di da, but the stories are very dark, and mysterious....I just love that stuff.

Dryer stopped so I gotta go make the bed up - sort of exciting Monday I'm having. Anyway All is well here. Bye for now.
                              You crack me up Lady MWO, wish I could sink my teeth into those juicy novels. Gotta find a library.
                              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

]MWOlady, you get to make up the bed!!!! Where's your houseboy????
                                I just cleaned out some cupboards in the kitchen. Feels really good, you'll see on another thread that I threw out a bunch of supplements, all outdated, some from as far back as 2009. It feels like I have accomplished something (not sure what really).
                                Okay off to the showers (cleaning cupboards and moving shelves and drawers around is sweaty work). And then off to the library to pay my fines:upset:
                                Good to see everyone posting. Talk later.
                                Cheers
                                November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X