The Canucks Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Just got in from sitting in the sunshine on the deck with just a hoodie for cover (besides the jeans of course). It`s about +12 out there. Felt so good to have the rays on this old face.

Anyone in Canuckleland know where I can order Antabuse online. River Pharmacy won`t provide it to Canadians according to their website.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

Tipplerette;1276229 wrote: Just got in from sitting in the sunshine on the deck with just a hoodie for cover (besides the jeans of course). It`s about +12 out there. Felt so good to have the rays on this old face.

Anyone in Canuckleland know where I can order Antabuse online. River Pharmacy won`t provide it to Canadians according to their website.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Hello, Miss Tips!!!
      This is where I got mine I believe... Buy cheap Antabuse Disulfiram online Without Prescription.Order online Disulfiram no Prescription needed Worldwide Shipping Free. Probably took 2 or 3 weeks to get here but it was reasonably priced. Good luck! :l
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

*Ahem*

Yo! Dudes 'n Dudettes!
        Give a life sign, will ya?

Comment

The Canucks Co

Yo Horselady. Wassup?
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Wally22;1274333 wrote: Hola Canuckers
            Have had a very busy weekend. I am not just alcohol free, but drug free as well and i am really noticing an increase in energy. I have been on anti-depressants for a few years and have tapered off to nothing. Just wanted to see what would happen. In the past when I tried this, it was not fun.
            However this time, muchos better. So I am going to try this for a while longer, it's been about a week without and about 4 weeks since I started to taper down.
            Wedgie the hunter, killed two mice last night. Left one under my desk for me, and ate the other one. Then barfed up the mouse with some food on my knitting chair.
            It's so good to be loved!!!
            You funny! Seriously, why is the word barf so funny??:H

WTG on taking yourself off the meds Wally! I hope you continue to do well and make sure you're taking your supplements eh.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey Ho!
              There's life here, after all! Phew. :H

Nuttn much up, sistah... was just making sure yaw'll are alright

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1276315 wrote: Hello, Miss Tips!!!
                This is where I got mine I believe... Buy cheap Antabuse Disulfiram online Without Prescription.Order online Disulfiram no Prescription needed Worldwide Shipping Free. Probably took 2 or 3 weeks to get here but it was reasonably priced. Good luck! :l
                Got this message when I place the order:

"Closing Site for improving our service.:

Due to our server down . We can not accept any orders since DEC 10 ,2011.

And we are experiencing logistical problems, and our customer service is severely overloaded.

We apologize for the delay in responding to each inquiry - . etc."

Any other suggestions fellow Canadians...???
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

Ooops. Sorry Tipps. That was all I got.

Comment

The Canucks Co

Was really hoping to get some of that stuff since I can't seem to count on my own self to stop. I admitted to myself this morning that I must have some unresolved issues if I won't stop poisoning myself. Maybe I need a shrink but I have nothing to talk about in my conscious mind. Sorry for the going the serious route among all this Kanadian Kidding around. Feeling discouraged.
                    Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey Tips, it's about time there was some substance on this thread. JKK(just kanadian kidding)
                      Seriously, I would hope this thread would be about support and not just entertaining each other or the boards. The one thing you'll have to do to get real support is be honest when you are struggling. You can't run around supporting others if you are really struggling yourself. (Been there done that)
                      So, first of all no one can make you take the steps you need to take. I think my first questions to you is do you really want to quit and why? You don't have to tell us here but you should write it down being brutally honest with yourself. I remember GG wrote one of those lists on the boards about a year ago or so. While I wasn't brave enough to write let alone post my own, I did print GG's out and referred to it. Honesty by association. LOL Point being again, you must be brutally honest in order to first decide what you want and then it's up to you alone to put some measures into place. And you know the first place is always at least a 30 stint. Have you done that? If not, let's get you started by checking in here daily and while you're doing that 30 start really assessing what relationship you want with alcohol. Ie total abstinence or modification? As for antabuse, have you made any friends with someone you trust that could send you some from elsewhere? Sorry if my reply is scattered. Hopefully some things to think about. Of course, pm me if you like.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

RingingCedars;1277404 wrote: Hey Tips, it's about time there was some substance on this thread. JKK(just kanadian kidding)
                        Seriously, I would hope this thread would be about support and not just entertaining each other or the boards. The one thing you'll have to do to get real support is be honest when you are struggling. You can't run around supporting others if you are really struggling yourself. (Been there done that)
                        So, first of all no one can make you take the steps you need to take. I think my first questions to you is do you really want to quit and why? You don't have to tell us here but you should write it down being brutally honest with yourself. I remember GG wrote one of those lists on the boards about a year ago or so. While I wasn't brave enough to write let alone post my own, I did print GG's out and referred to it. Honesty by association. LOL Point being again, you must be brutally honest in order to first decide what you want and then it's up to you alone to put some measures into place. And you know the first place is always at least a 30 stint. Have you done that? If not, let's get you started by checking in here daily and while you're doing that 30 start really assessing what relationship you want with alcohol. Ie total abstinence or modification? As for antabuse, have you made any friends with someone you trust that could send you some from elsewhere? Sorry if my reply is scattered. Hopefully some things to think about. Of course, pm me if you like.
                        WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!! My sister and closest confidente lives in Seattle WA. Why didn't i think of that? I am in tears (again). I can't stop crying today and i have never cried about wanting to quit so that must be good.

Guys, I want to quit but NOT for the following reasons.

Hangovers - I don't drink enough to get them
                        Money - we have lots and our wine costs $4.00 a bottle
                        Misery while drunk - I am not miserable; I have fun
                        Blackouts - have got them but they are sporadic
                        Relationship issues - things are fine; my kids laugh when I tell them I drink too much and hubby is crazy about me.

So I have a lot of pressure to keep drinking as it 'seems' like I don't have a problem with it.

I want to quit because I can't live knowing that I numb myself nightly. I feel that life is passing me by. I don't mind it on a Saturday night but the daily drinking is what saps my soul's depth. That and the potential shortened life expectancy consequences. My 82 year old mother is a daily beer drinker and she is a humbling example of what I DON'T want for my future.

I want to quit for good because, while I may be a few bricks short of a load, I have read enough here to realize that there is no such thing as moderation just tortured resistance.

The longest I have ever abstained for in the ten years of daily drinking is around 15 days.

RC, thank you so much for taking the time to respond sincerely and your suggestions are very helpful. I reached out and you were there.

xoxox
                        Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

Miss Tipps... RC is a smart one. Sometimes. Mostly a smart ass :H *ducking*
                          I replied to your other thread... if your sister can't get it for you, please let me know. We'll find some online pharma that will deliver to you, or I can even send you some to get you started. Ok? It'll get done, one way or another. I'm really glad you reached out.

And this isn't just a joke thread (or at least, isn't intended to be). Perhaps we should discuss AL related issues more openly on here. RC and I will mostly PM or email when the going gets tough. Are we still on track, btw.. your Herbal Majesty? I am but must admit that disturbing thoughts are creeping their way back in. Images of gardening with glass (ok, pitcher) in hand.

RC.. do you still have that list I made? I should probably have a look at it myself.

In other news, I was worried about getting the horses out this morning, what with fluffy white crap hovering over a skating rink. Never mind horses, I didn't even make it out to their pasture on my own in one piece. Wiped out pretty good. Ouch. Good thing I have some extra padding on my back side.

Back to you.

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1277443 wrote: Miss Tipps... RC is a smart one. Sometimes. Mostly a smart ass :H *ducking* I'll deal with THIS later.:H

sunshine_gg;1277443 wrote: I replied to your other thread... if your sister can't get it for you, please let me know. We'll find some online pharma that will deliver to you, or I can even send you some to get you started. Ok? It'll get done, one way or another. I'm really glad you reached out.Atta gurl! That's the real point of this thread. Support and camaraderie among Canucks. No?

sunshine_gg;1277443 wrote: And this isn't just a joke thread (or at least, isn't intended to be). Perhaps we should discuss AL related issues more openly on here. RC and I will mostly PM or email when the going gets tough. Are we still on track, btw.. your Herbal Majesty? I am but must admit that disturbing thoughts are creeping their way back in. Images of gardening with glass (ok, pitcher) in hand. I am very thankful to have made that personal connection with you GG, my fellow smart ass. I am indeed on track but was contemplating a rockin bowlin birthday event out of town tonight. I shall keep my butt in town. How bout spending some time researching tasty healthy summer brews for that pitcher?? You must report back with recipes. OK?

sunshine_gg;1277443 wrote:
                            RC.. do you still have that list I made? I should probably have a look at it myself.
                            Shall I post it here or do you want it emailed?

In other news, I was worried about getting the horses out this morning, what with fluffy white crap hovering over a skating rink. Never mind horses, I didn't even make it out to their pasture on my own in one piece. Wiped out pretty good. Ouch. Good thing I have some extra padding on my back side.
                            Do the horizontal chair position several times today just to make sure that back stays in place.

Back to you.
                            And you.....:thanks:

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Tipplerette;1277427 wrote: WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!! My sister and closest confidente lives in Seattle WA. Why didn't i think of that? I am in tears (again). I can't stop crying today and i have never cried about wanting to quit so that must be good.Great! If not you and GG can put your capable heads together.
                              Tipplerette;1277427 wrote: Guys, I want to quit but NOT for the following reasons.

Hangovers - I don't drink enough to get them
                              Money - we have lots and our wine costs $4.00 a bottle
                              Misery while drunk - I am not miserable; I have fun
                              Blackouts - have got them but they are sporadic
                              Relationship issues - things are fine; my kids laugh when I tell them I drink too much and hubby is crazy about me.

So I have a lot of pressure to keep drinking as it 'seems' like I don't have a problem with it.

I want to quit because I can't live knowing that I numb myself nightly. I feel that life is passing me by. I don't mind it on a Saturday night but the daily drinking is what saps my soul's depth. That and the potential shortened life expectancy consequences. My 82 year old mother is a daily beer drinker and she is a humbling example of what I DON'T want for my future.

I want to quit for good because, while I may be a few bricks short of a load, I have read enough here to realize that there is no such thing as moderation just tortured resistance.The one thing that struck me in your list that you may want to focus on is writing a list to review daily of what you really want to accomplish and how alcohol is interfering with that. I must be a few bricks short too because I still entertain moderation in my future. I went from a daily drinker(a bottle at least, sometimes more) with plenty of passing out to sleep at night and a few two day binges two years ago when I landed here to drinking several times a week (rarely more than a bottle) with the very occasional binge, to a couple times a week(a bottle) with the very occasional binge to a couple times a week (less than a bottle) with the very occasional binge to my current almost completely AF streak this year. You can see I've tapered quite well, but I have not managed to eliminate that occasional binge--therein lays my indecision for my relationship with al in the future. The thing is that is a decision we must all decide for ourselves and then go for it with all we have. Haha another ramble.

Tipplerette;1277427 wrote:
                              The longest I have ever abstained for in the ten years of daily drinking is around 15 days.
                              I would say get your hubby to do 30 days with you but then if he caved you would feel justified to join him. All I can say is JDI!

Tipplerette;1277427 wrote:
                              RC, thank you so much for taking the time to respond sincerely and your suggestions are very helpful. I reached out and you were there.

xoxox
                              Can't remember if I said this in my reply to GG, but I have long distance across Canada, so if you or anyone would like my number, PM me. Sometimes it's nice to just have that voice that gets it on the other end. xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good God, woman, you're on a roll today! :H

Great idea about finding healthy summer liquids.. will report my findings.
                                Go ahead and post it here. We all need something cringe worthy on a Friday, eh?
                                Do keep yer rear end in town, dear... roads are awful (at least around here), too. Mail lady just came and said she took 2 mailboxes out (I haven't looked yet.. hope it wasn't ours) it's wicked out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X