Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Happy Easter to you as well, Techie :l

We did an early birthday celebration for my daughter, Stirly She's going to be 21 (:shocked: How'd that happen?) on the 17th of April. And how was your Easter Weekend? :l
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Canucklings, it's SN**ING here! :upset:
      And it really IS Mr. Wonderful's fault this time... he took his snow tires off yesterday! :bat

I happened upon a horrific accident on my way back from returning my daughter and Peanut home yesterday... it happened seconds before I got there One dead in three-vehicle crash - The Sudbury Star - Ontario, CA

Grateful to be safe, alive, sober, and sane. Wishing the same for all of you.

That is all.

Comment

The Canucks Co

:hello: again Ca-knuckles!!

Sunny-bean, don't feel bad about the weather, it snowed in parts of Greece today. What month is this again??

So lucky that you weren't involved in that horrible accident.:l

Well, happy birthday to your daughter on the 17th. That means she shares a birthday with our very own JackieClaire. Older son has his birthday today. He is now officially 35 years old. :shocked:

Our Easter is this weekend and I hope to heck the weather warms up. Otherwise we'll all be holed up indoors while the men in charge of spit-roasting the meat will be outside in the cold and rain. Actually it's supposed to warm up and be partly cloudy for the rest of the week. Guess we won't know til the weekend gets here.

Hope you are enjoying your day.:danthin:

Where is everybody anyway? Canucks?..... echo.....echo.....echo....
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

The Canucks Co

say WHAT...
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hola Canuckadoodles!

The sun is out, the sun is out!

Techie... sometimes I detect a lack of compassion in your posts :H
            Stirly.. sorry you are getting crappy weather, too. Although.. in these parts here, sn**w is really not off the table until the end of April/early May. Wishing you a Happy Easter and hopefully your weather will cooperate.

I remember the first Spring at my previous place (also Northern Ontario).. May 4th a blizzard, May 11th the first heat/air quality advisory. Geeeez.

I almost missed that.. your son is 35? My, my, how time flies, eh!?

Speaking of flying.. here I go. Work rearing its ugly mug. Laterz!!!

Comment

The Canucks Co

I wonder if something awful has happened in Canuckland and I'm the only one left!?? :upset:

Comment

The Canucks Co

are things thawing out?
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The Canucks Co

Oh yes, they are indeed! At least by mid afternoon :H

Comment

The Canucks Co

gg; cannot believe snow, but seeing is believing!

Hope all the Canucks doing better than the Vancouver Canucks played last night. Yeesh!

Gnite everyone

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hola Canucks--now dark but it was an hola day(meaning sunny).
                      GG - I want cake, kids and removal of s*ow tires --ASAP!
                      Good to see you Today, Techie, Stirly Girly and of course the ever loverly GG.
                      Seems a missed a birfday--Jackie dah'lin--I hopes it was fantarstic--xo
                      Roight--that's an adaptive aussie spelling...if any of you's are peeping--Reg, Ficks, Gman, Monkey, ...that's enough for my brain for now--Ms Tawny--what could we do to grace us with your culinary treatises?
                      Be well Canucks and Company--there are so many of us--I brag about us coming out of the woodwork when the time is right..I know you're there...

Sheesh---over to you .....
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

AA

Anyone want to ring in on Alcoholics anonymous and if it works for them? I've gone to 5 meetings in the past couple weeks and while I do like meeting other people and hearing their stories in person, find the commitment to the step program overwhelming. I'm not sure if I'm just scared of starting the steps and opening that can of worms, the time investment and the necessity. I know it must work, but is it the only way? I would like to attend occasionally and I do find the steps ask you to examine your feelings and true motivations for drinking/escaping don't know if I have the time. Am I fooling myself? I'm trying to keep with a MWO plan to build my self confidence in new activities and hobbies, move out of dysfunctional living situation and engage in positive social interactions, and check in here. Just getting that out feels better, I would appreciate some input from the peanut gallery though.

We had mild sunny day here near Vancouver BC, awesome Sunday to enjoy 51 AF days

Have good night Canucks!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey Canoodles. I am watching the Canucks lose here, in BC. I thought I would check in and say hi....Gardening, got my kayak out, planning some nice meals with my hub, generally very happly to be 14 months sober, and SO much to do. I bought a little book and made lists and its just ENDLESS. Why did I wait till 57 to do this? Oh well, better late than never. Here is a pix from my kayak jaunt this aft. This is near the Bonnington pool. the current was ripping here.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

The Canucks Co

Just gorgeous, Kas!!!

Sorry, Canucklings... I'm dog tired, have a pounding headache and am cranky as hell.

Today... I have no advice on AA. I have not tried it and probably won't. My dad got sober with the help of AA and was involved for many years (not sure if he still is).

I'm outta here.. have a good night! :l

Comment

The Canucks Co

Yo! Canucklings!

Am I gonna have to start one of my infamous, globally feared (and rightfully so), and barely legal monologues? Geeez.

I kinda hope not, 'cause I haven't got that much ammunition. Work is busy and my head is in the right place for it... so, long hours I'm keeping. Just as well, as the weather sucks and grubbing in the garden isn't an option at the moment. Hail today. My spring memo must have got lost somewhere.

Looks like I'll be getting the Peanut overnight tomorrow.. my now 21year old is planning to hit the bars (truly for the first time in her life) to celebrate with friends.

Here's the little man:

Alright, that's it from the icky North... chime in when you can!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Very cute picture. Keep warm. Keep dry!

Techie xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X