Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Way to go, Believer!!!
    Day 4 was a total doozie for me in the beginning... so hang in there! It gets so much better!!!!

:goodjob:
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine, Mr wonderful is wonderful indeed! Love the ambiance :-)

Believer, congrats on day 4! Like your frog too, glad mine have company, it always makes things just a bit easier.

I am definitely glad I am in mild ol' Vancouver. Its raining (of course) but not too cold at all. Think some of the wind is coming this way though, bundle up Canucks!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Happy New Year all. Still going strong here in Toronto. Although it is freezing cold. I am so coming to visit Sunshine...your barn is elegant. Not much else going on. Toughed out the holidays and back at work. I am so glad they are over. Thought I gained a ton of weight because of all the Christmas eating but happy it was only a llb. I think not drinking truly helps with weight lose even if you to succumb to some sugar. Take care Sid

Comment

The Canucks Co

And Believer congrads on day 4...I find after day 5 I feel so much better and I am my way.
          The worst of detox is over. All the best to you. Sid

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hewwo, hewwo Canucks and Internationalists (to blatantly swipe from the Undies) :hallo:

Looks like we're coming out of the deep freeze; it's considerably less nippy today

I got mugged by horses this morning Didn't take them brats long to grow quite fond of candy canes... at the first crinkle sound of plastic wrapper heads popped up and they decided to storm the fortress that is the gal with the goodies :H 'Twas a wonderful opportunity to have a reminder lesson in ground manners.

Just as Mr. Wonderful and I dreamily contemplated life without kids, strolling nekkid through the house (preferably in slightly warmer seasons) without encountering raised eyebrows (or hair on neck, I can never get those straight) along comes ME to mess it all up. First off, I'm stealing Peanut (otherwise known as grand peanut #1, for those who are newer to this thread) on Friday for 3-4 days and THEN, I'm making plans with my "3rd child" (a family friend from Germany) for her to come join us for a year starting this August. So much for peace and quiet and privacy :H Ah well. Hopefully, she'll be able to get the job as riding instructor with my friend at her stable here.

Yeah, and now I have procrastinated long enough.. I better get serious about work here. Have yourselves a fabby day (whatever day of the week it is; I'm totally mixed up)!

Back to your regular scheduled programming...

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1238709 wrote: Hewwo, hewwo Canucks and Internationalists (to blatantly swipe from the Undies) :hallo:

Looks like we're coming out of the deep freeze; it's considerably less nippy today

I got mugged by horses this morning Didn't take them brats long to grow quite fond of candy canes... at the first crinkle sound of plastic wrapper heads popped up and they decided to storm the fortress that is the gal with the goodies :H 'Twas a wonderful opportunity to have a reminder lesson in ground manners.

Just as Mr. Wonderful and I dreamily contemplated life without kids, strolling nekkid through the house (preferably in slightly warmer seasons) without encountering raised eyebrows (or hair on neck, I can never get those straight) along comes ME to mess it all up. First off, I'm stealing Peanut (otherwise known as grand peanut #1, for those who are newer to this thread) on Friday for 3-4 days and THEN, I'm making plans with my "3rd child" (a family friend from Germany) for her to come join us for a year starting this August. So much for peace and quiet and privacy :H Ah well. Hopefully, she'll be able to get the job as riding instructor with my friend at her stable here.

Yeah, and now I have procrastinated long enough.. I better get serious about work here. Have yourselves a fabby day (whatever day of the week it is; I'm totally mixed up)!

Back to your regular scheduled programming...
              First off, how come you got such long hair on the back of yer neck and seconds off, why would yeh straighten it!??
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

:H You nut!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Heya Canuckles and Co.
                  Zenners, there WILL always be something vying for that emptiness. That is life, but if we fill it up proactively, positively then reactive just is no longer an option, eh?? Are ya with me??
                  Sid, 1 lb?? One pound? I think I've put that on every day for the last three days. At least it's not sugar, um, well, not too much sugar.
                  Believer, hope to hear a day 5 from you.:goodjob:
                  Well, I've had some interesting things happening last two days. Hopefully, they will manifest into prosperous ventures for all interested parties. Dry cleaning depot, epilepsy, reflexology and lyme's disease are some key words in the conversations......
                  GG, that chandelier is to high to swing from...dat's no fun. But nice touch nonetheless.
                  Hiya to everyone else....

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1238726 wrote: :H You nut!
                    Vy tank you m'dear. :H

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good Afternoon Canadians et al
                      I slept away this morning. That is serious procrastination. So am up and still goofing off online.
                      Have got kitchen tidied up and sharked, no trace of drywall dust there (for now). That feels wunnerful.
                      I have not got on scales (can't find them for one). Pretty sure the message will not be welcome.
                      Other than that, nuthing doin here.
                      Must log off and get into bedroom, needs mudding. Wally HATES mudding. just sayin
                      Hope everyone has a fab day

(does speaking of oneself in the third person reveal mental distress?)
                      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                      November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Wally22;1238750 wrote:
                        (does speaking of oneself in the third person reveal mental distress?)
                        Nah. Slight cookieness, maybe...
                        Oh.. and what does a sharked kitchen look like? And, do I really wanna know?

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hallo Ca-knuckles!!!

Wow, I can't believe how cold your weather is. I've forgotten what anything lower than minus 2 or 3C feels like. Better youz than me.
                          believer;1236714 wrote: I'm in Montreal.

Happy New Year to all my fellow Cannucks! I believe in all of us!Hi Believer!! Mr. Stirly and I lived in Montreal from November of 1974 to August of 1975. We lived for a few months on Park Avenue and then on Querbes. We moved to Ontario in August but always went back once a year for a three-day weekend to visit our favourite shopping areas and to pig out on Greek food.
                          MWOLady;1237055 wrote: Hi Canucks. A bit of wine last night and I'm paying for it this am with a headache. Course it could be the weather - I am affected by it and get migraines - bad year this year with such lousy weather. But hey I drank and that's why I feel headachy - can't blame anything else. But starting over today. I'm near the Falls. Hi Montreal! my old home town!!Hey Lady - welcome to another fellow Ontarian. You live in a lovely area. Mr. Stirly spent his last week in Canada in Niagara Falls before moving back here to Greece.
                          Today;1237917 wrote: Happy new year to everyone, fellow Canadians and around the world! If we are here, it is likely because we don't want to drink and together we can do it. I love being able to say that "we", I find it very comforting to know I am not alone in this.

I like this thread, makes me want to get a Timmy's coffee!

Have a wonderful AF day :-)Hi Today! Wow, this is great - finally some new Canucks posting on this thread. I see that you're from BC. I worked on Grouse Mountain, north of Vancouver, the winter of 1973-74 and we had travelled across the province in the summer of 1969 during a family vacation that took us from Ontario to Vancouver Island. BC is a beautiful province, from the Rockies to the Pacific Ocean. Ah, Canada, what a fine country it is.
                          RingingCedars;1238060 wrote:
                          My weather network says your town is at -14 and mine is at -17 GG. Does that mean it's really -25 here??
                          Yous are going to be sick of my perfect ass. No drink or smoke or cawfee in 30 hours! Couple rough spots with the smokes but I am sucking in 5 big breaths of clean air and thanking myself each time a craving hits. Go me.
                          Hewwoooo!
                          RC, YOU ROCK!!! :goodjob: I'm proud of you. You can do this. You are one strong woman.
                          believer;1238258 wrote:
                          It's supposed to get to - 26 here overnight with the windchill...

Trying to get some exercise in but I'm afraid I'll blow away!!!

On day 4. Every time I get an urge, I come back to MWO. It's a gift!
                          Congrats on day 4!! :goodjob: to you, too.

-26 eh? Hm. That's what I don't miss about living in Canada although I miss it very much. That kind of cold I can do without.
                          sidney;1238583 wrote:
                          Happy New Year all. Still going strong here in Toronto. Although it is freezing cold. I am so coming to visit Sunshine...your barn is elegant. Not much else going on. Toughed out the holidays and back at work. I am so glad they are over. Thought I gained a ton of weight because of all the Christmas eating but happy it was only a llb. I think not drinking truly helps with weight lose even if you to succumb to some sugar. Take care Sid
                          Sid, you darling girl - good to see you. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year.

Sunny-bean, that barn is looking better and better. Love, love, love the chandelier. Perfect. I bet the horsies will love it too.:H

Wally, I'm amazed at the things you know how to do. I grew up helping my Dad do repairs and such around the house. I've done everything from laying floor tiles and linoleum to building a cement block base for the walls of the garage. Lots of painting and wallpapering and ceiling tiles along the way. But drywall and wiring are things I don't know anything about. I did once change the thermostat probe in my oven if that counts for anything.

Hope you're all having a lovely afternoon. Take care and keep warm.
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Ah, we've been blessed with the presence of the dark orchid, multi quoting tart! :h
                            It IS a great day.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hello Stirly-whirly-girly! Happy New Year!

Yeah, I'm dreaming of your olive trees and such at the moment. Wanna trade places for, say 4 months? No, huh? :H

And, I've been meaning to say this.. Wally, I AM in awe of your skills.
                              Considering that I can hurt myself with garden variety kitchen utensils (in a pinch known as screw drivers), I would never attempt serious electrical work. Not into the permed look.

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1238766 wrote: Not into the permed look.
                                Especially on those neck hairs.:H

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X