• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

RingingCedars;1238769 wrote: Especially on those neck hairs.:H

:H
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Quit laughing at me and get to work! Both of yis! :H
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Evening all.

Practically balmy here...going up to -5 tomorrow. Thanks for all the wishes. :thanks:
        Yes, Ringing, I'm on day 5. Still craving a lot, but at least I'm at work full time this week. Hope it gets easier.

Stirly, Montreal is still lots of fun (tho more in the summer!!!). I used to live out in "horse country" off the island, but we moved downtown last July after all the kids moved out to go to school.

You people are all so funny! Strangely, I write for a living, but I can never seem to express myself when I get here. Anyway, one of my "actions" is to post on this site as many days as I can. I can't really do it from work, so I only have about 20 minutes in the evening, but it's really helping. Thanks to all of you.

Have a restful night.
        Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Well done, Believer!!! Seriously, the second week is MUCH easier and you're definitely over the worst

Oh and I totally forgot me manners earlier.. :hallo: Sid!!!! Good to see you around here!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Congratulations on Day 5 Believer:goodjob:
            Have been mudding for 3 hours today. I really believe it would have been easier if I had just gone back to the studs and started over. Oh well first coat of mud on the drywall. Looking MUCH better.
            Good news is I am not sore anymore like I was the first week. Could mean I am getting in better shape or that all my nerve endings curled up and died.
            Have also stopped falling off the ladder and impaling myself on drill bits. Have to go out to a client tomorrow, so no more mudding until tomorrow night.
            Have interesting hairdo currently, very big hair, drywall dust gives so much body. Of course probably not as nice as curly neck hair.
            See you on the moro.
            Sleep well canucks.
            November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Look at us all banking the AF days!

I am on day 2, wish I could count it as day 3 but I had a couple drinks Sunday night (was off work until today) and while I was cleaning up Monday morning, I drank the rest of a leftover drink. Jeesh. That was it, but I feel more shame in that than if I had have drank a lot more the night before. Oh well, once I get a few more days in, I'll feel in a less precarious position.

Thanks for all your support! :thanks:

Comment

The Canucks Co

YAWN.................................GOOD MORNING CANUCKS and CO!!!!!
                How weird is that....I smell cawfee??? 72 hours and counting
                However, I shall put the pot on for the rest of you.
                Nice to have some tucking us in at the end of the day.
                Good job to everyone sticking to their goals.
                Believe I searched and searched for that post last night that you've been looking for and no luck. It was a great post. If you find it please repost it in our thread as well please??
                Hope you girls get your hairs (wherever they are) straightened out today.
                Blast off!!
                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Happy Thursday, Canucklings!!!

Yay! I got the day of the week right.... first time this week! Of course, it would help tremendously if I could find the Heart & Stroke Lottery Calendar I bought. Hmmm.

Thank you RC for putting on the cawfee pot. Awaiting the lurvely sound of the final gurgle. Especially today; Mr. Wonderful musta been half asleep when he made some this morning... have to pry it outta the pot, it's so strong :yuk:

Wally, I found this picture of you.. thought I'd share with the others:

Happy dry walling 'n such today Well, I'm off to the barn shortly and then working like mad. Had to actually get away from the monitor last night as I was starting to see double (and no, there were no liquids involved )

Have a grand day ladies (and visiting germs)... TTFN!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hi Canuckleheads! Another grey day here but you know I really don't mind as I slept well for a change. Hope all is well. Going to do something today that I've wanted to do for a long time and have put off because I didn't have the courage but I feel empowered. Today's the day. (day 4!!)
                    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

The Canucks Co

Way to go, Lady!!! Wishing you an empowered, successful day!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Morning, Canucks, getting lots of laughs from your antics. You are all so full of vim, vigour and pizzazzz.

Day three for me and loving it. Just shoveled our 1000 foot deck but the snow was fluffy and light and I practically flew off the balcony into the river whenever I ended my run with the shovel. The river is running strong and has defrosted. We have warmed up here as well and it is sunny.

I would love to post photos and have been instructed how to do it a few times but maybe that was then and this is now. My mind is clearer recently for some strange reason... duh.. can someone give me one last tutorial pulease..

Thanks.
                        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1239266 wrote: Happy Thursday, Canucklings!!!

Yay! I got the day of the week right.... first time this week! Of course, it would help tremendously if I could find the Heart & Stroke Lottery Calendar I bought. Hmmm.
                          Sorry m'dear but you'll be better off to forget about that damn calendar. EVERYONE around you will be listed on that winners page, even people you know. Never saw my name, nope, not even once. :upset:

And pssst(I know you'll love me for pointing this out)your computer has a little icon on the bottom right corner that tells you the full date when you hold your mouse over it! Imagine dat!

Cawfee anyone?:H

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

The Canucks Co

And it's neck in neck with Lady 4 and Tipper 3. Way to go ladies.

Seriously, GG can teach ya how to use photo bucket and post pics. She taught me.:l

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

:H
                              Gawd, such a smart ass you are!
                              But yer right on the winner's list... I gave all the kids a calendar last year and this year, too.. that's a total of 7 of us.. none of us made it. Sigh. Would be soooo nice, too!

Ok, Tipplerdoodle... have ya got a photobucket account? No? Set one up, it's free: Register for free at Photobucket.com

Once you have uploaded your photos there, each photo page has a 'Links' section (bottom right) Use the 'Direct Link', copy and head over here and use the image icon and paste the code in there. Voila. Easy peasy

Now, hop to it... we wanna see that deck! :H

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hi Guys, it's an Eeyore post tonight
                                I ran out of gas on the way home tonight. The gas is 123.9 in Burlington and the station I was trying to get to is at 118.5. Didn't make it. Hitchhiked to the station with Willow (yes you read it right, hitch hiked, took me back many years) Was picked up right away by retired service man who hitch hiked a lot in his younger days as well.
                                Had to buy another gas can (3 in my inventory now) fill er up and head back to the van.
                                Not so lucky on the way back, walked about a quarter of a mile with Willow trying desperately to run into traffic. spilled gas on myself and probably dog.
                                Finally nice young man stopped for me and drove me to my van. He had worked for 3 months as an automobile club tow truck driver, and stayed and filled my tank for me as I couldn't get the stupid top of the gas can. I got it off at the gas station WTF
                                There are angels out there and I will never ever pass someone carrying a gas can without stopping to see if I can help.
                                Had to stop at the grocery store on the way home, reeking of my new parfum, eau de gasoline. One man in the line mentioned that it was a very expensive perfume. Apparently the price for gasoline went up 9 cents a litre in Montreal today.
                                Got home put dog in house, moved recycling containers from front yard to side of house, came inside. Dog had yarn bombed my living room.
                                What is the universe trying to tell me today.
                                Oh and Sunshine this forum is supposed to be anonymous, please stop posting my picture. (but at least you got my thin side)
                                November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X