Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Greetings Canucks & Co.!

I'm vertical and moving under my own steam, which is a huge improvement over Friday and yesterday. Thanks for all your well wishes :l

Guess what today marks for me? Yep, 90 days. But who's counting?

Welcome Vini.. and congrats on 8 days! The gumpiness may prevail a bit longer... at least it did for me. And I'm totally blaming it on abstinence. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Speaking of horses.. I haven't seen mine in 2 days :upset: But Mr. Wonderful has been out feeding them (and bonding - with the aid of candy canes) Hopefully, I'll be able to move well enough tomorrow to get out there.

And, that'll have to do for today... time to make the long journey back down the stairs Have a fabby Sunday, everyone!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Odd, I have horses too. Is there a connection between being Canadian, having a drinking problem and having horses? Hmmmm........

I am taking loads of vitamins and L-glute but other than that, nadda. Day 1 through 6 haven't been TOO bad but yesterday was definitely a bit of white-knuckler and I woke up at 5 this morning, came down to make coffee and saw that my DH had polished off a bottle of wine and being having shots last night. So now I am feeling annoyed and am trying to shake off that mind-set of 'how come he can and I can't'. Makes me want to kick him. Hard. Lalalalalala- off to make some more mint tea!
      It's never too late to be who you might have been. George Eliot

Comment

The Canucks Co

Odd, I have horses too. Is there a connection between being Canadian, having a drinking problem and having horses? Hmmmm........

I am taking loads of vitamins and L-glute but other than that, nadda. Day 1 through 6 haven't been TOO bad but yesterday was definitely a bit of white-knuckler and I woke up at 5 this morning, came down to make coffee and saw that my DH had polished off a bottle of wine and being having shots last night. So now I am feeling annoyed and am trying to shake off that mind-set of 'how come he can and I can't'. Makes me want to kick him. Hard. Lalalalalala- off to make some more mint tea!
        It's never too late to be who you might have been. George Eliot

Comment

The Canucks Co

Glad all the various backs are on the mend. Mine has been ok this year (hope the jinx fairy didn't hear that...) I've been feeling a cave coming on all day....but this is where the work comes in. Geeeeezzzzzeeee Louise, I really hate this. But I guess I have some thinking to do. I either want to be sober or I don't.

I've just read ALL the posts on this thread...no wonder I feel like a drink - ha, ha. Think I'll go take a BAMA, er, I mean a GABA or a whatever...see all you "Canadians" tomorrow.
          Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
          (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good Afternoon fellow Canadians and visitors
            Speaking of which where is Zenny these days, must check the Army thread
            Glad to hear backs are on the mend.
            My camera is fubarred and I have to either get it mended or buy a new one. Not this month.
            I have been taking pics with my cell phone, but haven't sent them to the confuser.
            Got the closet put back together, so now the bedroom has walls, ceilings and floors. Still lots to do, and I work at a snails pace.
            Congrtulations to VINI and MWOlady on staying AF. The early days are rough but it's worth it to get out from under the addiction. Keep lots of AF drinks around so you have lots of variety and don't feel overly deprived. Take really good care of yourself and pat yourself on the back, you are going through a rough time and should be gentle with yourself and give yourself lots of NON ALCOHOLIC rewards.
            Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
            If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
            November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Sunshine GG 90 days is AMAZING!!!!!! WOW!!!!. You give me hope.

I haven't posted for a few days, but it wasn't for lack of thinking about you...

I had dreams two nights in a row where someone gave me something to drink, and it was only after I drank it that I realized it had alcohol in it. Then I thought "oh no, I won't be able to tell the Cannucks that I have been AF". Holy Cow, you guys are affecting my DREAMS! :H

Anyway, almost the end of day 9 for me. Yesterday, I was an absolute b..tch!!! I can't believe my husband didn't catch the train to TO! Anyway, made it through "white knuckling". Guess there will be more days like that, but hope it gets easier.

I find that I need to be active (doing something) all the time. I just can't sit down and relax. Well...guess things are getting done (as they didn't while I was drinking). Today I took my daughters (aged 20 and 22) to the Muppets Movie. It was hilarious!

Oh, that's something else I've noticed. I don't watch much TV, but we usually watch Big Bang after dinner. My husband is always laughing out loud, but I never have. In the last week, I've been laughing too. Even reruns I
              I've already seen. Guess the AL deadens more than just the pain...

Have a great evening everyone.
              Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Congrtulations on Day 9 Believer You ROCK
                November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Just a quick note to say I didn't cave after all. I had a nap, took the gaba and the second half (.50) of the topa and just said no thanks to the vino offer and made it through. Ate some ribs and watched True Grit. That's what it takes I guess - TRUE GRIT!!!! Nite all you Canucks (I mean Yaw'll)
                  Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                  (quote from Bean )

Comment

The Canucks Co

Well done Canucks! 90 days GG!!! Fantabulous Chica! (even if you had to stay in bed for two days to do it....jk...ouch...stop dat!)

Sweet dreams all.
                    Click!
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Happy New Year Canuckers!
                      Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                      April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                      wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                      wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                      wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                      wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                      wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                      wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                      http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey Katie--have your ears been burning? I swear to God I've been thinking about you this evening, wondering how and where you've been. Ta da, here you are. Good to see you and 5/wk is awesome!
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good Morning Canuckers
                          Quick fly by, lots to do today.
                          Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day.
                          Feeling enthused and motivated, everyone's back on the mend?
                          Back to regular programming?
                          November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey there fellow CANadians! I've been hanging around the newbies nest and thought I'd pop in here to see what's shaking! I've only read the past couple of pages so I don't really know anyone.

I'm at the end of day 11 and feeling great. I had a huge sugar craving this evening and ate about 5 cookies. Eeek! That's really big for me cause I don't keep processed food in my apartment and don't eat anything with refined sugar in it. But I figured cookies are better than al, so what the hell!

Sunshine- congrats on 90 days! That is awesome! You must be so proud of yourself! We are definitely proud of you!

I really missed home (Barrie, Ont) during the holidays. I haven't had a Christmas or New Years at home in 5 years. But I definitely don't miss the snow! Hope there's not too much for you guys!

Well it's night here and I'm off to read a book and go to sleep. Have a great day fellow Canucks!
                            "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                            Goal 1- 3 days al free
                            Goal 2- 7 days al free
                            Goal 3- 1 month al free
                            Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

The Canucks Co

Well, this should be a Press Release: The Sun Is Out In The Niagara Peninsula!!!!!! Actually it was yesterday too - so the Press Conference starts at 2pm!!

Man, the Topa is really kicking in as I had to ask The Mr. for the second word in Press C........!!! WTH???

But that's a good thing right? Indifference was described in the My Way Out book very quickly - has not happened quite so fast here but isn't that always the way? Managed to not drink last night so all is well. Starting my second week. Seems such a pitiful thing that little number but I'll take it.

I'm also getting a bit of sweet craving which L-glut is not quieting but I think I'll start having some hot chocolate in the afternoons using coconut milk, coco, and Splenda - wow, the excitement never stops around here - really living wild!!

Have a great day everyone.
                              (quote from Bean )

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hello Canucklings!

Wow, I'm moving at record speed here... took me an hour to feed the monsters and I pretty much collapsed onto the bed thereafter. This being 29 thing is not as much fun as I remember! Errmmm.. I mean...

I'm absolutely DELIGHTED to see so many new posts and posters here! Congrats to everyone on their successes.. very proud of all of us

No sun here - it peeked out this morning but has turned rather dark and windy now. Probably just as well I'm home bound. I'm so glad Mr. Wonderful offered to do the grocery run today... I'm honestly not sure I'd make it into my truck. I have no running boards so getting in is like climbing Mt. Everest, getting out a leap of faith.

Lady, which 'True Grit' did ya watch? Old or new? We once made a marathon night out of it, first watching the original, then the remake. Believer, I usually have at least one outburst during TBBT... can't help but laugh at Sheldon Wally and Tippy - where are your pictures? Whazza matta with ya? Get my priorities straight, will ya!? :H I will have more pictures shortly.. Mr. Wonderful has been busy while I've been laying around. It's looking good!

Ok, that's it... I'm heading back to my exile. Now, if the damn phone would stop ringing...

Have a great evening and be good, yaw'll!
                                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X