X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Hey YAW'LL
    I still don't believe that's canadian.
    Welcome Canadian Gal, how long are you in Beijing for?
    I just finished installing a cat/dog door for the cats and dog. I am so tired of the in and out all day long. Of course everyone is still afraid of it, but hopefully that will pass soon.
    I took my camera in for repair. Turns out I needed lithium batteries and the settings had been changed from the factory default to some really crappy low quality setting.
    So I DON'T have to buy a new camera. YIPPEE. I'll start taking pictures now.
    Can't address everyone individually, but am glad to hear everyone is on the mend and still AF. Whoo Hoo
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hope you feel better soon Sunni !
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The Canucks Co

We watched the new version with my heart throb Jeff Bridges! Of course I'm thinking of him years ago when he was a young hottie in Starman...you ladies are too young to remember that I'm sure - man was he special....he was still pretty cute in True Grit even though he was covered with a layer of years (and grit...) DH and I are watching all the Coen Brothers movies this year - fabulous!! As soon as I figure out how to get pictures on here I'll put some up - it looks like fun and I'd like yaw'll to see my little pooch Belle the pound pup. Don't got me no horsies but she's pretty good. Night all - I'm off to my topa/GABA/5HTP induced/full-night-sleepy-time-dream-filled-well-deserved-nighty-night.
        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
        (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

The Canucks Co

I loved Starman (and True Grit) - Jeff Bridges is fantastic.

Off to bed as well, it is either that or keep eating cookies, etc.......I am craving sugar like a beast!
          It's never too late to be who you might have been. George Eliot

Comment

The Canucks Co

Vini;1241808 wrote:
            Off to bed as well, it is either that or keep eating cookies, etc.......I am craving sugar like a beast!
            That makes 2 of us! Curse the kids for leaving so much Christmas candy here.. they were supposed to either eat it or take it with them! :upset:

Thanks Techie.. and good night, everyone! Sweet dreams!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

'Ello 'Ello Canucks!

It's a fab day here in Beijing. Currently sunny and 1 degree outside. Wally, I came to Beijing 8 months after graduating Uni. I planned to come here for 1 year to teach and then return to Can to go to teacher's college. This Feb 24, it will be 6 years of me living here and I am now married to a cutey cute Chinese guy. I would honestly love to get out of Beijing, but I don't think my hubby could make it through Canadian winters. Also we would have to take my MIL along cause she only has 1 son and I can't possibly take him half way around the world without her. She can't speak a lick of English so it would be hard for her...although I suppose if we moved to Markham, Ont or Richmond, B.C. it would be like we never left China. But I also heard that they are not hiring teachers in Ont for quite a while, so it looks like I will be stuck here for who knows how long.

I have no idea what TV shows you guys are talking about!! EEEk, I'm so out of the loop. I can download some popular sitcoms like Desperate Housewives, House, Grey's Anatomy, The walking dead and that's about it. But I have to wait till the current season is over and then dl. Any of you guys fans of those shows??

Time for lunch and then back to work. Have a great day yawl!
              "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
              Goal 1- 3 days al free
              Goal 2- 7 days al free
              Goal 3- 1 month al free
              Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

The Canucks Co

Sounds like everyone's doing great. Sweet. Speaking of sweet, I'm satisfying my craving with berries and whipped cream tonight. oh so decadent. Not exactly the best time to be eating though. Aw well, could be smoking.

Don't feel left behind CG, I don't have tv at all. I watch all kinds of stuff on line but not sitcoms/dramas and stuff. You could call me CG too. (conspiracy girl)

Won't turn the light off in case Katie and Wally are about.
                Night night.
                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

CG, I love Grey's Anatomy. I started watching it the first season and now it is one of the few shows I watch regularly. If you are a season behind and want to know what is happening, just ask - I'll fill you in. Off to do the 30 Day Shred to try and work off at least one of those cookies I was eating last night.

Day 10 and counting!
                  It's never too late to be who you might have been. George Eliot

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good Morning Eh!
                    I used to watch Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, but I cancelled the cable when I moved and haven't hooked up again. Don't miss it either.
                    Canadian Gal it would be fab if you posted pictures. My ex husband was born in Macao and raised in Hong Kong. You are right your MIL would be right at home in Markham and Richmond. The street signs are in chinese. (well some of them).
                    Funny my son and I had dim sum yesterday because I was starving.
                    I received a present from a knitting buddy that included chocolate covered biscuits and some chocy's. HOW did she know?!?! YUM scarfed them all down
                    Off to work outside the home today, so must get dressed, talk later.
                    Everyone have a great day. K
                    November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Morning, Canuckerdoodles far and wide!

CG, you're not missing much! I do watch a lot of the shows you mention - when I happen to be home AND have time AND if they're actually on

I'm happy to report that as of this morning I can get to my feet in one continuous motion. Whoohoo! There's hope for me yet. Looking kinda dark and dreary out but very mild. A good day to air out the house, methinks.

Since you're all (pardon me... Since yaw'll) aren't posting pictures, here's a TajMahorse update:

Stalls are coming together nicely. We're waiting for missing hardware to hang the sliding doors and need to finish the partitions. Then, on to the dutch doors. Btw, yes, RC... each stall has a door to the outside. The idea is to not have to lead horses through 4' of snow (what snow?) to and from paddocks. A call or whistle should do.. and they should march into their own stalls at night

And that, my friends, is it for now... I'm going to attempt getting around a bit more today. I was still pretty much stationary yesterday.

Wish me luck! TTFN
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Oh Wally, you are talking to the wrong lady here when it comes to posting this or that. Unless....can I copy and paste??? I promise I will do my best to post pics once I figure it out. I've been to HK and absolutely LOVED it! It's much more western, everyone can speak English, it's much more civilized and I got to have french toast and coffee in the restaurant for brekkie! In Beijing, it's the complete opposite. If you can't speak Chinese here, you are screwed!!! And there is just this negative energy that is in the city all the time. Many people here are selfish, greedy, impolite, stressed, rushing here or there, impatient, etc. I've never been to NY, but perhaps it is similar from what I read???

Oh chocolate!!!! Lucky you! What a great bud! I love how we are all satisfying our sweet tooth and then some! But, of course, we all deserve it!

Vini- what kind of exercise do you do in the 30 day shred?

And how do you ladies live with not watching TV? I don't watch TV, TV, but I try to download as much as I can. I would go crazy without it!

At the end of day 12 for me (and you RC!). Time to crawl in bed with a new book! Nighty night!

AF- February 16, 2012
                        Goal 1- 3 days al free
                        Goal 2- 7 days al free
                        Goal 3- 1 month al free
                        Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

The Canucks Co

Wow GG! That looks incredible!!!

AF- February 16, 2012
                          Goal 1- 3 days al free
                          Goal 2- 7 days al free
                          Goal 3- 1 month al free
                          Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

The Canucks Co

Morning yawl - say isn't that a boat of some kind - who ya callin a boat! Anyway, don't watch TV here but do watch a lot of movies - DH is nuts about old movies. Me not so much but go along to get along. Last night's effort was so lousy....think I'll just have to jump ship (jump boat/yawl?) and go to den and read. Got a good courtroom drama going.

DH made a comment that I'm pretty spacy these days. I thought "boyo you don't know the half of it!!" I said nothing, but thought to myself "yeah, but better than slavering and craving for that 5pm drink!!

I still have not formally told him I have stopped drinking - my final quit. I'm still a bit shaky that this is THE QUIT. It has to be. At my age I want to be healthy, in body and mind, and spirit. And this is the only way. Maybe he'll catch the spirit and come along with me. Anyway, yaw'll, have a great day out there in Canada land.
                            Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                            (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

The Canucks Co

looking good gg !
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The Canucks Co

Okay here is my wee dog Willow. She is a chihuaha cross and weighs 8.5 lbs

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5_gPob0_3Ps/Twy6A1GxxGI/AAAAAAAAFGU/sSHv7Ro0KxQ/s640/IMG_4245.JPG Attached files [img]/converted_files/1754409=6594-attachment.jpg[/img]
                                November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X