Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

GG, your stalls are gorgeous!

CG, the 30 Day Shred is 30 minutes of cardio, weights and abs. I love the workout, it is short so I can usually squeeze it in before work in the morning but tough and if you do it every day for 30 days, you really notice a difference. I alternate with the Shred, treadmill and yoga. I am trying to drop 10 pounds. But not this month!
    It's never too late to be who you might have been. George Eliot

Comment

The Canucks Co

Wally22;1242346 wrote: Okay here is my wee dog Willow. She is a chihuaha cross and weighs 8.5 lbs

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5_gPob0_3Ps/Twy6A1GxxGI/AAAAAAAAFGU/sSHv7Ro0KxQ/s640/IMG_4245.JPG
      That one doesn't count Wally! We've seen that before :H
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Morning! Gotta keep it short cause I have to head out to work.

MWOL- Being spacy is MUCH better than drinking. But I think that the spaciness will go in time. As for me, I have just been super clumsy. Broke a milk bottle the other day, broke an ashtray this morning and tripped on my bike pedal to have my bike and me crashing to the ground. And I have no excuse! It's not like I was drunk when I did those things.

Wally- what a cutie!

Vini- that sounds awesome! Good for you! I would love to do yoga, but my very unflexible body disagrees with me. Best I can do is ride my bike to work everyday. I get anywhere between 40 minutes to 1 and 1/2 hours a day on my bike.

GG- How many horsies do you have?

Well gotta run! Have a great evening!
        "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
        Goal 1- 3 days al free
        Goal 2- 7 days al free
        Goal 3- 1 month al free
        Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

The Canucks Co

Freakin work of art barn you got goin on GG. Like the individual door strategy too.
          CG-awesome on day 12! I just realized I've given the wrong date. My date was actually December 31. Must go change that. Still AF and NF to date though.
          Wally cutie doggie there.
          Hiya Techie~
          Vini keep posting about your workouts. Maybe it'll inspire me to start up again. I've been so bad the last few years. Lots of starts but falling off real quick.
          Lady is a yawl really a boat? Never heard that before. I hear ya on the "don't want to feel this way at this age". I want to still give'em hell. If I have to do it sober, so be it:H
          Here's Miss Molly and Magda. She almost got herself a turkey yesterday morning. Opened the front door and they were like two feet from the door. Not for long though!
          [img][/IMG]
          I was told I looked just like Cameron Diaz today! That's the second time in 2 years.
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Way to go Cameron! I wish someone would say I look like a movie star! You're doggies are soooo cute! Dec 30, Dec 31- whatever...you are still in double digits! Congrats!

AF- February 16, 2012
            Goal 1- 3 days al free
            Goal 2- 7 days al free
            Goal 3- 1 month al free
            Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey ladies!

Mr. Cutie pants came home today after staying in his town for 6 weeks to study driving. He came home, sick as a dog (poor thing) and unfortunately to a not so spick and span house. It's clean, but not sparkling how I like it cause I have been too busy with work. He has been my biggest fan about quitting drinking as he, himself, doesn't drink unless he is around friends (which is not too often). I told him that on Christmas Eve my friends and I went to a night club where the minimum we could buy was 3 26 oz. bottles of whatever and mix. We bought Hennessy and only finished 2 bottles. So there is still one bottle at the club that I can pick up and bring home. I told him I wanted to give the bottle to a friend of his. He said "Or we can keep it at home and if ever I want to, I can drink it." I said, "Ya. But you know, if I see you drinking some then I am going to want some too and you know that is really bad for me." He said, "Ya. You're right. Let's give it away." How lucky am I to have such a supportive husband!!! He doesn't know it, but it makes all the difference in the world.

I'm off to bed! Hope yawl have an amazing day!

AF- February 16, 2012
              Goal 1- 3 days al free
              Goal 2- 7 days al free
              Goal 3- 1 month al free
              Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

The Canucks Co

Yeah, now that I think about it, I think yawl is something a boat DOES...not sure and too lazy to look it up - it might be sort of like lean over, like when the wind pushes it over...any sailors out there? DH tried to get me interested in sailing. Took me out on Lake Erie - all I could think about was the Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald!!!! We made it out of the bay but when we got around the edge of the bay into the main lake the wind hit - I started yelling "go back go back go back go back go back!!!!!! for god's sake go back!!!!" And that was the end of that....lucky he was not too disappointed - sold the boat to our neighbours and all was well. What a hoot!

Sounds like all you exercise freaks are up and at it today - I vacuumed yesterday - that's about as far as I'm prepared to go (ha, ha). And I may clean out under the sink later....oh boy I may have to have a nap....have a great day in our beautiful Canada. Mix of snow and rain expected here later - we may finally get some winter eh yaw'll?
                Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

The Canucks Co

Ahoy Canucklings!

A yawl (from Dutch Jol) is a two-masted sailing craft similar to a sloop or cutter but with an additional mast (mizzenmast or mizzen mast) located well aft of the main mast, often right on the transom, specifically aft of the rudder post.
                  Thank you, Wikipedia

Everyone good, yes? Good golly, Miss Molly is a cutie. And well fed, too, by the looks of it :H

I managed a trip into town for some errands with the old Exploder. Still don't think I can ascend into my truck. Wow, that took quite a while, too. I don't think I'll take on Peanut this weekend, either :upset: Will have to break that to my daughter later. She's been sick, the little one has been, too - so she's really been looking forward to some off-time.

CG, you're very right... support is a big deal. Very happy to hear you have someone in your corner. Besides the lot of us, of course! Oh, and I have 2 monsters of the equine variety. An 8 year old (well, coming 9 now) Paint/QH and a 25 year old Arab/QH. Too funny, yesterday and today they both dismissed the hay and headed straight for my hands and pockets - conditioned response, ya think? However, the candy cane mountain is considerably smaller now, and any they eat, I won't

And that is it from the mild north - time to get serious about work. Have a fabby day, everyone!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

OMG--I'm stuffed. Spinach/egg quiche and slice of smoked ham then big bowl of berries/banana/vanilla yogurt and whipping cream!! While the choice isn't that unusual for me, the quantity is! Really need to get into an exercise routine again. Next step....

Too bad about Peanut again GG. Should be good to go by next weekend. You could probably get your daughter to muck stalls by then for a weekend.:H Yes, poor Miss Molly is severely overfed. I can't believe how fast she scarfs down her breakfast. Woosh less than a minute and its vanished! I went to the store for a soup bone for her tonight. Geez two bucks a bone! She's gnawing happily away on it though.

Lady sounds like you and I are on the same page with housework. I absolutely abhor it. Stupid repetitive stuff really. I think it comes from having to do it all as a kid cuz both parents worked.

Hey CG~sounds like you've got yourself a winner of a guy there. Cute, working, supportive. Way to go on day 14.

Vini--shred update please.:cheering:

Making it an early night for a change.
                    Sweet dreams.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

The Canucks Co

I'm still here and closing in on day 12. RC, I am still working out. Yesterday I did 30 minutes of interval on the treadmill. Interval is my favourite, you walk 4MPH then every 3 minutes you run for 6MPH for :30 seconds then back to walking. I read somewhere that interval work is the best for fitness and hey, anybody can run for :30. I was watching 'Sell this House' and it was a country house like mine so the time went really fast. Made me feel great because all the things they suggested (well, most of them) we have already done. Not that I want to sell my little farm, I LOVE my place but some day.... Anyway, back to working out. I am only down about 2 pounds in almost 2 weeks (woohoo) of being AF and working out every day BUT I have been eating a lot of sweets, those sugar cravings are a b*@ch! Yesterday was better though, now that I think of it, I don't think I ate any sweets. Huh, maybe I am coming out the other side.

Off to do my 30 minutes, have a great AF day all!
                      It's never too late to be who you might have been. George Eliot

Comment

The Canucks Co

Morning all. Rainy here but still not very cold..fine by me. As long as I have my litebook I get sunshine anyway.

Hey Vini - I'm about 10lbs heavier than I'd like to be too and just can't seem to budge the scale...but I think it's thyroid related. Anyone have low thyroid? I think I have some symptoms like hair falling out, cold feeling like I've not had before, husky voice, persistent little cough. And eating very low carb which should be getting rid of those extra pounds but is NOT....all the symptoms of a sluggish thyroid And I don't even eat sweets. My doctor is such a pain in the butt though. I think I'm going to switch. Our medical system is such - as you all know - that you get locked in with one doctor and you're stuck....but we have a new guy who's opened up a practice in our area and he's taking new patients - so I'm off to see him soon. From what DH says I can ask for my records to be switched over to him if I want a change.

Hey I just checked the calendar and this is day 11 for me - but whose counting!! Topa is working nicely. Have a great day everyone.
                        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                        (quote from Bean )

Comment

The Canucks Co

congratulations on the mounting AF days you guys.
                          It's rainy and dreary here. I would like to lose a LOT more than 10 pounds.
                          I've lost some in the past, but I just keep finding them again.
                          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                          November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Wally, what method do you use to get rid of those pesky pounds? are you a WW fan? I've lost that way but get so hungry I can's stand to do it for very long - I am hypoglycaemic. Low carb is best for me - although I do miss carbs in the form of bread and pasta (to say nothing of pie and cake and Oh Henry bars!!) But I really love meat so I do well. But this time the weight I carry in the middle is just not coming off...dang. I'm always open to new methods!!!!

I see, Wally, that you'v been AF since Nov 21 - was that a special day for you? or did you just fall off a bar stool!!
                            (quote from Bean )

Comment

The Canucks Co

MWOLady;1243304 wrote: I see, Wally, that you'v been AF since Nov 21 - was that a special day for you? or did you just fall off a bar stool!!
                              LOL!! Oh, do tell Wally......

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

:hallo:

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X