The Canucks Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Hi All Better mood today. Sleepless night - felt very cold - got up around three - rooted around in the laundry basket - in the pitch dark, until I found an old sweater and a pair of socks to put on....still cold - don't know what the heck....the Mr. said this morning I look like an old fashioned golfer in plus-fours!! Had the jammie bottoms tucked into my knee-high socks!!

Rained all night - but cold and windy here now with a bit of snow. The Mr. went running anyway, poor dog, he drags her out in all weather - but she's a trooper...the Mr. has run 72 marathons. Me only 6 but I don't run any more (came to my senses!!!)

gg congrats on you racking up the numbers :good job:

I gotta eat and get a shower. Do any of you listen to Car Talk on public radio? They always end the show by mentioning fictitious members of the radio crew. One that always has stuck in my mind is: Our Director of Cleanliness, Hugo Takashowa. Love that. (oh, yes: me: sober!)
    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

The Canucks Co

MWOLady;1247194 wrote: One that always has stuck in my mind is: Our Director of Cleanliness, Hugo Takashowa. Love that. (oh, yes: me: sober!)
      :H Have you discussed your choice of radio with your therapist, dear? :H

Canadian Gal.. not sure how I missed you this morning but I did. Weak cawffeee, I guess!

Well, I bought a 'stick-in-the-microwave-heating pad thingie' for Atlas. Now I just have to work myself up to heading outside again. Ya know.. I said this to RC last night... it's sad, when fondling your horse is the highlight of your day :H Oddly enough, he really doesn't seem to be in pain. Just his usual nose-in-my-pocket-rummaging-for-treats.

Well, I better get some more work done, watch over that soup cooking on the stove, plan on another trip to the barn, etc.

Oh.. and thank you all for the 100 day encouragements It does feel good!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Can I rant a bit?

Hate to spoil all the positive vibe going on but....

The Mr. has just been pissing me off so bad I just have to get this off my chest (such as it is). We've been planning this big trip to the Holy Land in April, and we both know it's going to cost a lot of moola, but decided to just spend it - what the heck, right?

So today, I get a call from the travel agent, and she's going to e-mail various flights and costs etc. for us to choose from.

In the mean time Mr. Stingy (er. The Mr.) gets on line and starts looking at flights, and he starts saying stuff like "oh, gee look at this, $500 for taxes on this, and $500 for taxes on that, what a rip..." and on and on, and on and on....

I just knew he was going to start this....he always does this shit....and he spoils it for me every darned time. This trip is going to cost close to $15,000 by the time we're done and he's bitchin' about about the odd $500!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhh I'm just so mad!!!!!! And it's not like we don't have the money because we DO.

And when we're over there he's going to nickel and dime every darned thing we do. Every bite I put in my mouth is going to be analyzed too! He's going to say "you don't really need lunch do you? You ate such a big breakfast!" And as for buying anything to bring back - well forget that...costs money dontchaknow!!! Aarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!:upset::upset:

So ladies and germs, you wonder why I drink (or have drunk - what's the grammar here?)? Well, I'll tell you. It's LIFE!!!! Just LIFE!!!!!! MARRIED LIFE!!!! If I was a little kid I'd run away from home. But really it's too cold!!!

Rant over!
        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
        (quote from Bean )

Comment

The Canucks Co

MWOlady I was married to a man like that for 25years. The difference is he would never have agreed to the trip in the first place! You have my heartfelt sympathy.
          I went to Israel with friends...loved every minute of it!.
          Willow the wonder dog has figured out how to use the dog door. Unfortunately the glue holding the door on, failed. So I just finished screwing the door in place. I don't think she has figured back in yet, though.
          Other than that cold but bright day here. Getting myself organized for a meeting tonight.
          Printer died, but thanks to people on the internet, figured out how to fix and back in service again. Yeah internet peeps.
          GG congratulations on 100 days and knowing the appropriate way to fondle your stallion:goodjob: I hope Atlas is feeling better soon.
          Canadian gal how many hours until the teenagers leave (I'll bet you know).
          Everyone have a fabulous evening.
          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
          November 2, 2012

Comment

The Canucks Co

Sorry, Lady, that doesn't sound like much fun Will he eventually come around, you think?

Wally, you'd think that Willow the wonder dog would figure out how to get back inside in this weather real quick! I gave Shelby a soup bone tonight (out on the deck) and he didn't spend much time with it at all! A couple minutes and he demanded re-entry

Oh, and Atlas is gelded, thank dawg... no change in his dangly thingies. He was most suspicious of me coming with that heating pad but 'warmed up' to the idea (ouch, that was bad) :H

Where is her herbal majesty today? And, I read on the Army thread that Mr. Stirly's surgery went well and nothing had spread. :l to Stirly.

Well, I'm in need of some bathing/grooming - I ought to take care of that. And, if I feel really ambitious, I may throw a banana bread in the oven, too. We'll see.

Comment

The Canucks Co

OOOOOO! banana bread! always makes the house smell so good. I've been raggn' on poor DH so much and being so mean, I'll make him some tomorrow. He's not such a bad ole Mr.

It's just cabin fever I guess.

Tomorrow is another day and I'll make a real effort to do something nice for myself and cheer up!! This is silly dragging my butt around and being sad about life. After all life is what you make it. And mine will be good!!! Ya hear? GOOD!!
              (quote from Bean )

Comment

The Canucks Co

'Atta gurl!!! :thumbs:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Morning Canuckeroos!

Mr. Wonderful spent 2.5 hours pushing snow with the tractor yesterday... or so he tells me. Sure doesn't look like it this morning :upset: I'm religiously checking the forecast here and it looks like getting Peanut tomorrow is a go but he may have to stay til next Wednesday.

I made my morning pilgrimage to the barn, no change in Atlas, more heating pad, tomorrow he's getting another needle; I sure hope there's some improvement soon.

I was also molested by Boris, the barn tom. He has a bit of a nose fetish.. nothing like having yer honker gnawed on 3 times a day (and btw, why hasn't anyone invented kitty breath mints yet?)

And now I shall go be productive in one way or another. Hope yaw'll having a terrific Thursday!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Boy it's quiet all over this morning. I'm thinkin' aliens have come down and spirited away most of the dear people here!!! Or maybe the evil-doers from Segram's have kidnapped 'em and even as we speak are trying to make them drink! :H:H:H Possible? Nah!!

Gee, sorry your horsie is still not well. It's so sad when animals are sick. They just look at us with those big brown eyes. As if to say "yes, I hurt, you dope, what do you think!!!"

It's noon and I'm still in my pyjamas. Oh well why not eh? Nice quiet day here. Topa kicking in nicely. Feeling pleasantly spacy. Have a great day.
                    (quote from Bean )

Comment

The Canucks Co

What's this? Have all our Canucklings gone into hibernation?

Come out, come out, wherever you are! Ya wanna hear about the most unfortunate timing for a baking mishap? Tonight! As in -22Celsius.

What was intended to be a super moist yummy banana bread (yeah, I never got around to it last night) turned into horrific overflowing goop in the oven. Which in turn, spewed out the most horrendous smoke. Which then led me to yank every available window open... did I mention that it's -22C outside? It's ok though... I'm sure by morning I'll have feeling in my fingers back.

Night night, peeps

Comment

The Canucks Co

Short check in here. GG I tried twice to reply from my inbox and this little hourglass icon kept vibrating and then freezing my computer, so I gave up and came here. And look there you are!
                        Sorry to hear Atlas is not better. Maybe heat isn't the best idea if he's inflamed?? I shall pray for snow til Wednesday after you've secured the little Peanut.
                        Can't believe I did not check in yesterday either. I picked Mia up and she is stealing my heart.
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Haha, well there you were. They say -33 with windchill up here tonight. Defo not baking weather.
                          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Something was going on with MWO an hour ago, I gave up trying to get on too. But I'm back

Sun; -22 ?? Here near Vancouver BC its a brisk -6 and you should see all of us bundled up and feeling sorry for our comparatively less chilled selves! Sorry about the banana bread, when I read it last night I really wanted some. It'll turn out next time and be awesome!

Ringing Cedars, so glad to hear you've got fuzzy company with Mia. Enjoy the lovin!

I've got my kitty home, minus 8 teeth! He is much better than the post anesthesia sore guy he was Tuesday, and still last night. I don't have any kids so he is definitely my baby, isn't it great to have someone else to worry about?

Hey Canadian gal, hang in there in anticipation of your chinese night(s) out... was that on this post?? Been reading so much I might be confused.

It is 7:30 here and I'm just figuring out what to have for dessert, gotta learn how to bake! Mmmm maybe I'll settle for some frozen yogurt and a warm blanket to cuddle in

Stay strong and warm this evening Canuckers!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey Canuckeroos!

Jeez Louise I am so happy I am not in Canada (no offence). -22, -33....I'll take my +2 with no snow any day over that, Ah thank you! The teens left yesterday. Thank the Heavens! I slept like a rock in my own bed last night. I am officially on holiday now. We will leave for my husband's town tomorrow for Chinese New Year. We'll stay for probably 7-10 days. Am looking forward to having a sober CNY as I have never done that!

GG- Sorry that Atlas still isn't better. I'm no horse expert, but maybe you should call a vet? Could it possible be something like a bladder infection (if horses get that)

RC- Happy you got Mia! Congrats! How does the Mr. feel about having a dog in the bed? I love sleeping with Champ but Mr. Cutie pants hates it.

Today- sorry about Kitty. Eeek 8 teeth! How did that happen? Hope your baby feels better soon. In regards to my Chinese nights out, let me post a story for you!

Stay warm yawl!
                              "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                              Goal 1- 3 days al free
                              Goal 2- 7 days al free
                              Goal 3- 1 month al free
                              Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

The Canucks Co

A lesson on the Chinese drinking culture. Let me attempt to explain what happens at these dinners I was talking about. Let’s say that there are 8 people including myself at the dinner. First of all food and beer (2-3 cases- 18 beers per case) is ordered. The beer comes. You pour it into a glass that is about the size of 3-4 shot glasses combined. Everyone cheers and you down the glass. You do this 3 times (not in a row, but in about 10-15 minutes). Then you start to individually cheer. You must cheers every person sitting at the table (not in a row, but throughout the dinner), downing your glass every time. If you don’t down your glass, it is considered impolite. And all the other people must cheers you once too. The catch is that if person 1 wants to cheers person 3 (as an example) all the other people must also find a person to cheers with. It’s like a group thing…if one person does it, everyone must follow. You can’t sip as you please. So let’s do the math so far: 3 + 7 + 7= 17 glasses of beer. THEN, there is always a heavy weight drinker at the table. So he continues to cheers people…and when one person does it, everyone must follow. So this dinner usually lasts about 2-3 hours. If people aren’t too, too drunk by this time, they will decide to go to Karaoke (KTV). KTV is not like what we have at home, but instead, every group gets an individual room, so it’s not as embarrassing. More beer and snacks are ordered. If after KTV, people aren’t too, too, too drunk, they will decide to go to another restaurant to eat and drink more. Finally by about 2 am or so, we stumble into our beds. The next night we do the same thing with different people. The other thing, that whole dinner (drinks included) would cost less than $150 IN TOTAL. It’s an alcoholics dream right? Well not this year!
                                "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                                Goal 1- 3 days al free
                                Goal 2- 7 days al free
                                Goal 3- 1 month al free
                                Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Working...
                                X