Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1277469 wrote:
    Do keep yer rear end in town, dear... roads are awful (at least around here), too. Mail lady just came and said she took 2 mailboxes out (I haven't looked yet.. hope it wasn't ours) it's wicked out there.
    You must be in kahoots with the big guy. I read your post and thought, what are you talking about, it's clear skies here. Looked up and it's a frickin blizzard out there!

Here's da list:
     What I loathe/hate about drinking alcohol:

 - making an ass of myself
    - embarrassing those with/around me
    - setting a horrible example for my children
    - dialing under the influence
    - emailing under the influence
    - getting depressed/whiney/having a pity party
    - heart burn
    - head ache
    - slurring my speech - aware that I'm not pulling it off
    - turning into an insensitive bitch
    - falling down stairs
    - making excuses about having taken meds
    - thinking 'have another drink, dear' knowing full well, I've had 3 too many already
    - leaving projects unfinished
    - passing out on the bathroom floor
    - passing out on the couch
    - passing out in bed (best case scenario)
    - blacking out - wondering what the hell happened, what did I say, what did I do?
    - waking up in the middle of the night, dehydrated, barely able to get a glass of water
    - waking up with a knot in my stomach, knowing 'I did it again'
    - waking up with bruises and scrapes
    - looking in the mirror at some washed out, ugly woman
    - trying to steady shaky hands
    - promising myself not to ever do this again - only to do it again
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

uch:

Yep, pretty much what I thought. And true, to boot. Thank you, dear. Timely reminder.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Well, as I said, I related to enough of it that I've kept it all this time. But I'm better now, don'tcha know.:H

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

The Canucks Co

And ya know, KUDOS to you for speaking it out loud. I just read KT's comment in the Army about not speaking it because in our heads we don't want to be talked out of it. I've even gone to the trouble of speaking it but knowing damn well, I'm still going to do it, whether it was that day or at a very near future date. I guess we all have to walk our individual walks. I'm reminded about the mass email about girlfriends. Something about them walking on the sidelines when we're going through the trenches and every once in awhile one of them even jumps in when we really need it. I guess that's what we do here.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

RingingCedars;1277489 wrote: You must be in kahoots with the big guy. I read your post and thought, what are you talking about, it's clear skies here. Looked up and it's a frickin blizzard out there!

Here's da list:

- embarrassing those with/around me - MY KIDS ONCE OR TWICE
            - setting a horrible example for my children - THIS IS A BIGGIE FOR ME
            - dialing under the influence - USUALLY MY KIDS AND SO FAR NO REPRUCUSSIONS
            - heart burn
            - head ache - OUCH
            - turning into an insensitive bitch - OK IT'S HAPPENED
            - falling down stairs - DID THIS TWICE THAT I CAN REMEMBER
            - thinking 'have another drink, dear' knowing full well, I've had 3 too many already - YAH, THE HAND GOES FOR THE BOTTLE AUTOMATICALLY, EH
            - leaving projects unfinished - STORY OF MY LIFE
            - passing out on the bathroom floor - ONCE OR TWICE
            - passing out in bed (best case scenario)- NIGHTLY
            - blacking out - wondering what the hell happened, what did I say, what did I do?- NOT REMEMBERING SUPPOSED GREAT SEX
            - waking up in the middle of the night, dehydrated, barely able to get a glass of water - MOST NIGHTS SOOOO DEHYDRATED
            - waking up with a knot in my stomach, knowing 'I did it again'- # ONE REASON - REGRET
            - waking up with bruises and scrapes AND BURNS
            - looking in the mirror at some washed out, ugly woman - DON'T EVEN GO THERE; I'M NOT GORGEOUS AT THE BEST OF TIMES - LOTS OF BROKEN BLOOD VESSELS ON THIS SCHNOZ
            - promising myself not to ever do this again - only to do it again - AREN'T WE CONSISTENT IN THIS ONE CASE!!
            Great list, I can relate to a lot of it. I hate the awake at 4:00 a.m. thing too. You know it's 5:00 pm here and true to form, my determination is not as strong as it was this morning. My hubby was just sayin' that he thought our friend, Jack was boring last night because he isn't drinking. He said all Jack wanted to talk about was business and if he had of been drinking the conversation would have been more fun. I am marrying hubby in two weeks and we are crazy in love but his opinion is that those who don't drink are boring. I have to come to terms with the fact that right around our wedding (which he hesitated about ONLY because he feared I would change) I am making a major change. Yikes. This is just another aspect of the whole thing and I will not keep drinking to keep him happy. But I have to GAIN confidence. The pills take the option away and that's why I want them.

You guys have been awesome and you know that two members have offered to send me their own stash of Antabuse (you know who you are). I was crying all morning with humility and gratitude.

xoxo
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1277443 wrote:

In other news, I was worried about getting the horses out this morning, what with fluffy white crap hovering over a skating rink. Never mind horses, I didn't even make it out to their pasture on my own in one piece. Wiped out pretty good. Ouch. Good thing I have some extra padding on my back side.

Back to you.
              I sincerely hope your chubby little bum is not too sore. Be careful; we need ya around here. Thanks for the PM. xoxo
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Canucks Co

RingingCedars;1277489 wrote: You must be in kahoots with the big guy. I read your post and thought, what are you talking about, it's clear skies here. Looked up and it's a frickin blizzard out there!

Here's da list:

- embarrassing those with/around me
                - setting a horrible example for my children
                - dialing under the influence
                - heart burn
                - head ache
                - turning into an insensitive bitch
                - falling down stairs
                - thinking 'have another drink, dear' knowing full well, I've had 3 too many already
                - leaving projects unfinished
                - passing out on the bathroom floor
                - passing out in bed (best case scenario)
                - blacking out - wondering what the hell happened, what did I say, what did I do?
                - waking up in the middle of the night, dehydrated, barely able to get a glass of water
                - waking up with a knot in my stomach, knowing 'I did it again'
                - waking up with bruises and scrapes
                - looking in the mirror at some washed out, ugly woman
                - promising myself not to ever do this again - only to do it again
                AWESOME POST RC. Hello there everyone !
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The Canucks Co

techie;1277747 wrote: AWESOME POST RC. Hello there everyone !
                  Wasn't my post Techstar but I agree was an impactful post. So much so that I've kept it around since May 2010.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hola Canucks! Confession time. All this talk of drinking yesterday and damned if I didn't use it as an excuse to imbibe. Do as I say, not as I do. NO apologies and moving on. Just want to keep it real.

In work and it's the first day of March Break here. Dead city so I'm making window signs for new product arriving this week. Yummy coconut and raw cacao products.

Hope y'all are enjoying your Saturday.

There will be no drinking for me tonight.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hi Canucks, it's rainy and blah here... just about how I feel!

RC, isn't it funny (not ha ha funny) how we can go from feeling positive to acting negatively so quick? Good for you for coming here and moving on. That's all you can do and we are all here to support you.

gg; that is good list, I will have to make one to read when I need it. Mine will remember many many bruises and scrapes I woke up with. So many many times... I am clutzy drunk!

I have been AF 15 days and feel okay. Feel down about eating excessively and that I have traded obsessing about drinking for eating. For the rest of today (it is 3pm) I will focus on enjoying my Saturday and loving and forgiving myself for my past behavior.

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey Today--thanks for your kind words of support. Good for you on chucking another 15 days under your belt. I haven't figured out the excessive eating thing yet either. When the warmer weather hits I plan on being more active outside. Hope you're feeling better now. Well, fettuccini (sp) is ready and Johnny Depp is on my screen. Chow!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The Canucks Co

techie;1278261 wrote:
                            Was that in reference to our over eating big mouths? :H
                            At least it wasn't an oinker.
                            Good to see you Techie.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

The Canucks Co

:H You too RC !

Comment

The Canucks Co

RingingCedars;1278258 wrote: Hey Today--thanks for your kind words of support. Good for you on chucking another 15 days under your belt. I haven't figured out the excessive eating thing yet either. When the warmer weather hits I plan on being more active outside. Hope you're feeling better now. Well, fettuccini (sp) is ready and Johnny Depp is on my screen. Chow!

Johnny Depp and you didn't invite me??? Welllllllll... some friend you
                                are!!! Hrmpfh :H

Spaghetti cooking here (I'm really only in for the garlic bread/cheese) and Nachos for later. Your Herbal Magesty.. from what I've seen of you, a couple of extra pounds won't do you any harm. Me, on the other hand... sigh.

Today... Congratulations! 15 days! You're on your way to THREE weeks! Don't sweat the food (unless it's mexican or indian)... better than the calories we used to get from Ethanol.

Techie... My, what.... big... teeth you have! :H

That's it for me, folks... dinner should be almost burnt by now! Have a fabby evening and as is said on the Abstainers thread: "One thing is for sure (there will be no AL today)"

Cheers!
                                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X