Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Yo Nuckers! Lovely pics GG and Kas. Ya ok, you too Techie.:H

Today whatever the steps are I think the first one is self honesty and go from there. It may be daunting and take time but is the foundation of everything in your life and the world at large. Doesn't take an aa program to do that....however, many to my knowledge, have found support in that particular program for whatever reason. Sounds like you are working hard at being your best. Take the time you need to be it... :h :new:

Raining and snow in the forecast in these woods. Spring has sprung and I hope the tptb don't f*ck it up or any more than they already do. :H

Be well yaw'll.... xo
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good evening fellow Canucks. I'm going to try to post here more, reading GGs posts reminds me of the summer place we used to have in Bracebridge.

My son is attending Uni in Vancouver and plan to visit him in September. I'm STILL recovering from foot/ankle/tendon rebuild so confined to kneewalker for 12 wks - 7 wks done.

Pineapples $1.00 each this week so having 1/2 with CANADIAN cheddar, very nice. Living AF now for about 4-1/2 months and feeling very good. It's been a struggle being alone through this and the pain pills do trigger alcohol cravings, but managing AF.

AA - groups are very different and I agree that the Steps are a huge commitment. I've had sobriety with AA and met some nice people but I really don't have good memories of the experience. I don't mean to put anyone off because as I said groups are different and can be a very positive experience.

Hope you don't mind me popping in and hope everyone's plans for the weekend are superb.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

The Canucks Co

Kaslo;1297604 wrote:

Superb photo. Thank you!

Comment

The Canucks Co

:hallo: Sk!! We don't mind one bit if you pop in!

The more, the merrier and the more often, the less I need to babble on! :H

Left at 9am this morning and came back at 4pm from getting the Peanut and a couple of stops in between. Sun out all day - that figures. When I have TIME to do something outside it's miserable. Hrmpfh.

Poor peanut... he is still (again) so sick. Eyes and nose running... even had yellow goop in his eyes by the time we got home. Thankfully, I just bought Polysporin eye drops (for the dog) a couple of days ago.. so I might as well be unpopular with both of them. Hope they help, though.

Anywho.. just wanted to pop in and say hello to you 'Nuckers' and visiting Underfriends. Have a fabulous rest of the weekend!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

sunshine_gg;1301574 wrote: :hallo: Sk!! We don't mind one bit if you pop in!

The more, the merrier and the more often, the less I need to babble on! :H

Left at 9am this morning and came back at 4pm from getting the Peanut and a couple of stops in between. Sun out all day - that figures. When I have TIME to do something outside it's miserable. Hrmpfh.

Poor peanut... he is still (again) so sick. Eyes and nose running... even had yellow goop in his eyes by the time we got home. Thankfully, I just bought Polysporin eye drops (for the dog) a couple of days ago.. so I might as well be unpopular with both of them. Hope they help, though.

Anywho.. just wanted to pop in and say hello to you 'Nuckers' and visiting Underfriends. Have a fabulous rest of the weekend!
            Hi gg. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend with Peanut. I hope he feels better soon !
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey Canucks, thanks for the kind words re photo. I have managed to stay off booze completely for 14 months, by simply coming to this site, and hanging out with my family, friends and coworkers, none of whom drink all that much if at all. Some of you are aware that I had a friend who died in August from AL related liver failure, and she tried to attend AA, in the six months before her body just packed it in. She hated it. And I am never going to be entirely sure that she actually quit although the docs told me that even if she had tried to drink a very small amount it would have made her very sick. She was only 70. Her descriptions of the meetings made the hair on the back of my neck go up. So.... I have never been to a meeting, and besides, I live in a very small town, and if I was to show up, I am pretty sure it would cause a stir. But maybe not, I feel as though I should not diss AA, if it works for some people still, I am pretty sure its a worthy cause. However, I wonder if its viewed as outmoded....?

Anyway, I am feeling Fine as Frogs Hair. Been outside pretty much for the past two weeks (I come in to sleep, lol!) either working or gardening.... Its wam here in the Kootenays. I came back down the Columbia drainage and discovered sn^% and ice just above our valley bottom.....

Be well everyone,

Kaslo.
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

The Canucks Co

GG, poor peanut - my g/daughter had that just before pink eye. Good you had the drops handy.

Kaslo,what an utterly lovely post. Thank you.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hello Canucklings & Co.

The peanut is on his way home (Mr. Wonderful was headed to the big smoke tonight anyways, so that worked out well)... and while he's still dripping from various places, he seemed better overall. In any case, his demeanor was splendid. Wish I was that chipper when I felt like crap!

Here he was this afternoon, between playing and gardening and throwing dirt around

And I'm off to feed big critters and then retire to bed with a pot of tea.. since the Mr. is away, I can do absolutely nothing tonight and not even feel guilty! :H

Hope yaw'll had a fabulous weekend as well!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Alright you slackers.. you're awfully lucky that I have no time for long winded monologues at the moment. But when I get back! :bat

I'll be bringing the brat horse up to my friend's place tomorrow night; we're leaving from there on Thursday. Going to Barrie (6 hour drive - uggh) for a clinic and will hopefully be back late Saturday night. I'll leave the monkey there overnight and go bring him home on Sunday... don't feel like dealing with a tired, cranky horse when I'm tired and cranky :H

Yaw'll be good now, ya hear???
                    :l

Comment

The Canucks Co

Yo Canucks--tis not right to see us on the second page. Speak your truth and be counted. Kas thank you for your true grit honesty. Legends are made of such stuff.

Nice to see you home GG. Fairies are so accommodating.

Be well and be vocal.....
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Canucks Co

:hallo:

Nope, not home yet... leaving here around 6pm tonight... back whenever
                        Hope you are well, my dear!?

Harrow to all Canucks far and wide... have a beautiful day!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Uhhhhmm.. Hello?

Canuckladoodles... where are ya???

Yes, I realize it was a nice day out today but what's your excuse for the past week? Hrmpfh.

I had a fantastic horsie clinic this past weekend but have unfortunately been stuck with taxes since my return. I'll be late filing, first time ever. To make matters worse, I'll actually owe a lot this year (and am broke as can be). Seems, that not having a dependent (child) makes quite a difference. Uggh.

Anywho.. will leave you with a picture from the weekend and hope to see you around here PRONTO!

Comment

The Canucks Co

I been bad...so I back

:upset: Hi y'all - well it's been awhile since I posted. Got almost to the three month mark before deciding I'd drink the weekend my beloved nephew was here - all is well though and I have not been going crazy - just slipped into the old habit of drinkies while getting dinner ready, then another big slog while eating/movie watching...you know how it goes.

But I know this is not a good thing and that I'd be much better off abstaining. I must say I felt really good when not drinking at all so I'm looking forward to that again.

I'll be off to see beloved daughter at the end of May and I'd sure like to say NO when she asks me if I'd like a glass of wine!!!

Many of you have been where I am, so I'm sure you will be welcoming and supportive. Tomorrow I'll get back on the Topamax and let it weave its magic.

Good to be back where people know where i'm coming from :h
                            Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                            (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

The Canucks Co

Well, it's ABOUT TIME, Lady!!!! Welcome back!

Good for you for getting back on track. I'm almost at 7 months and I really don't want to go back to day one again. I'd be lying if I said the thought of drinking never occurred to me. It does, but it really is more of a fleeting thought than a want/need.

Sometimes it's a good idea to come here and make a commitment before an event/party/family gathering... and of course, have a plan for alternate refreshments, etc.

Now.. where are those other Canucks!???

Comment

The Canucks Co

yeah, well, where were you with your bright ideas when i needed you!!! Just kidding - you are the stalwart one - always out there being your sunny self. Thanks.

I think you are right in that checking in here keeps the problem, and the solution, front and centre...I don't feel bad about resuming the old habit - just feel a bit lazy and I know I'll need some energy to get going again.

This past year has been so stressful for me - I never used to think all this stress stuff had any creds but I now think it must be a factor in all the little health problems I've been having. Anyway gg I'll be here daily just to keep myself honest - and maybe we can have some fun, eh?
                                Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                                (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Working...
                                X