The Canucks Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canucks Co

Well, I did not cancel my lesson... we just improvised And, since I was out playing with horses in the morning, I better hurry up with work this afternoon

Everybody good, I hope!?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Canucks Co

Revival time!

Greetings Canucks and other beings!

Time to come out of the wood stove - oops, wood works, I mean - there will be no hibernation this winter!

Let's get this sorry thread back on its feet!

Comment

The Canucks Co

I should probably recount the year.. seeing, I have avoided this forum like the pest for some time.

Of course, I decided to 'moderate' again and of course, I failed. Again.

I got much better though, at figuring out how much to drink and when to start, so that I was sobered up enough when Mr. Sun came home and wouldn't notice. Or, did he? Well, he surely did last Wednesday. That's when I missed the drive way by 3 feet and slid into the ditch. And that, friends and neighbours, is it for me. This is my rock bottom. Although, I only drove 200 feet from the barn to the house... I DROVE. Sloshed out of my mind.

I'm done now. I went to my first AA meeting Friday night and will continue to do so. I will come here and become accountable again. Previously I made it 8 months, then 9 months AF and then became complacent, arrogant, and pissed off about the fact, that I had to spend time thinking about alcohol and its repercussions for me.

Kindly slap me upside the head, if I should ever consider 'moderating' again. Or, that I was cured now. Or, that I didn't need to come here any more.

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hello - sweet Sunni. Great to see you. Sorry about the rock bottom though. :l

I am so glued to this site that I am driving people crazy with all the posting. :H But, I'm not drinking.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Canucks Co

NoraC;1574684 wrote:

I am so glued to this site that I am driving people crazy with all the posting. :H But, I'm not drinking.
            :happy:
            That is SO awesome, Nora!!!! Oh, I'm so happy for you! Keep doing whatever it is that's working for you... I wish I had :l

Comment

The Canucks Co

Good to see you GG :l sorry for the circumstance but hey we're still here. Pop into the Undies and say hello when you can. And if you have any news of RC? tell her I'm on the Maca :H

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey GG - fabulous to have you back!! Sorry about your rock bottom but without it we wouldn't be excited about your return. Dust yourself off, back on the horse and off we go.....
                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                Mother Theresa

Comment

The Canucks Co

Thank you so much, Happy and Nicey :l

I have RC on FB but don't really see much of her... I'll send her a message if you like!

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hi sunshine happy to meet you! I tried moderating for years before I found MWO, then I quit. Best thing I ever did. Didn't see this Canuck thread before, good to meet you all!
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

The Canucks Co

While the Canuck thread enjoys its revival, I just have to pop in and say that I was in your lovely country for about a week earlier this year, and my appetite has been whetted!! We flew in and out of Vancouver to visit friends, and did some exploring around that part of the country. It was beautiful, we felt at home from the moment we arrived, people were so friendly and it was altogether the best week of our 6-week trip. I'll be back to see more
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hello June! Where abouts are ya?

MissB - now you'll have to do a cross Canada trip! I poked my head into your drawer as well (just here, though) last night

Comment

The Canucks Co

Day 5 drawing to a close... how did I get here AGAIN?

Other than that doing alright... wood for winter is DONE (whew-never much look forward to that job)... think, there's time for a wee nap. Laterz!

Comment

The Canucks Co

So, this is going to be one long monologue, then.. huh?

Okiefine.
                            Went to my 2nd AA meeting tonight. A bit more emotional than the first one (different agenda, too) but good. There seem to be an awful lot of really wonderful women there.

Comment

The Canucks Co

Sunshine I'm in Toronto, you? I have never been to an AAA meeting. I think that might mean publicly declaring I'm an alcoholic and I can't seem to do that....
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

The Canucks Co

Hey Sunni - won't be a monologue cause you'll get this California girl popping in. :H

June - I've gone to a few AA meetings. Some were really nice. I actually found a Women's Meeting that I liked. But, I haven't been for over a year. I know that it really helps for some people.

Have you all got snow yet? It's cold here and that is just at being in the 50?s at night.
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X