fed up with the craving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fed up with the craving

I feel sad about starting this new thread as I have had so much benefit from being AF.

But at this time of the evening UK time The monster keeps knocking at my door.

Everything in my life is OK (I think)

HELP

fed up with the craving

At least I am posting not drinking

Comment

fed up with the craving

I'm here with ya Anon--the ever present lurker. That was my first thought when I read your post. Good for you for reaching out? Have you eaten a healthy meal tonight? Taken L-Glut made a nice al beverage?
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

fed up with the craving

Jeesuz--I meant non al beverage! HOly moly

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

fed up with the craving

anon;1180994 wrote: At least I am posting not drinking
          Exactly Mrs A, exactly the right thing to do. :goodjob:

Now you'll have time to work out how to bottle that lovely unhung morning after feeling.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

fed up with the craving

Anon,

Please read Kick the Drink by Jason Vale. It will completely change the way you view alcohol.

Comment

fed up with the craving

Unwasted;1181003 wrote: Anon,

Please read Kick the Drink by Jason Vale. It will completely change the way you view alcohol.
              Thanks everyone. I have just ordered a couple of books.
              What is going on with me?:upset:

Comment

fed up with the craving

RingingCedars;1180996 wrote: I'm here with ya Anon--the ever present lurker. That was my first thought when I read your post. Good for you for reaching out? Have you eaten a healthy meal tonight? Taken L-Glut made a nice al beverage?
                Peppers with garlic, tomatoes and anchovies. No L Glut as it makes no difference to me:thanks:

Comment

fed up with the craving

What's going on is the way you're viewing/thinking about alcohol (totally normal). This book (Kick the Drink by Jason Vale) was like a religious experience for me (I'm not religious). Please give it a try.

Comment

fed up with the craving

anon;1181006 wrote: Peppers with garlic, tomatoes and anchovies. No L Glut as it makes no difference to me:thanks:
                    Well it's healthy anyways. :H
                    Have you used a micronized LGlut in powder form and how much do you take at one go?

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

fed up with the craving

RingingCedars;1181010 wrote: Well it's healthy anyways. :H
                      Have you used a micronized LGlut in powder form and how much do you take at one go?
                      Do not think they do that here in England. This thread is working though. Cravings starting to release me:goodjob:
                      Thanks for being there you lot

Comment

fed up with the craving

Anon found this in my files its written by someone else but it might help.

Overcoming addiction is more to do with learning about yourself, learning how you tick, what beliefs you hold, some of which you might not even be aware of, which contribute to your problems.

Most of our behaviours are very automatic, we do things without thinking too deeply about the consequences, most of the time. We are animals, just like the rest of nature, and we respond in the same way they do. Like Pavlov?s famous dogs ? if you show us something that we?ve seen before, we often respond to it in a pre-programmed or learnt way. If you smell some lovely fresh food being cooked, you?ll start to produce saliva. You will also probably think certain thoughts as a result, again often automatically (though they might not FEEL automatic). Some of these thoughts are so subtle and you have them so often, you might not even notice them.

With addiction the initial event can be anything ? being bored, feeling lonely, angry, disappointed, frustrated, tired. From that thought you might think something like ?I can?t stand feelings like this, I must change this feeling?. Again, this thought might not be a loud one in your head, its just a way of dealing with the world and your feelings that has become automatic.

So, in a situation like this, you?ll find something to get rid of this unpleasant feeling you?ve got ? ?I know what will change my mood, a drink?? or some cocaine, or whatever your problem is with (whereas someone without addiction problems might choose to accept that feeling for a while, or find a less destructive way to change the feeling).

So, to change your addictive habits, you firstly need to understand fully how they work, what you are doing to sustain them. Then you can slowly relearn some healthier ways to deal with life, with your unpleasant feelings.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

fed up with the craving

Thanks Mario. Very useful. I think it is when I am feeling pleased with myself.
                          It is a reward for being happy.

Comment

fed up with the craving

We all get/got them, You need to put in something else you enjoy to fill the craving gap, Treat yourself to something nice your allowed to that ;-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

fed up with the craving

anon;1181035 wrote: Thanks Mario. Very useful. I think it is when I am feeling pleased with myself.
                              It is a reward for being happy.
                              Cripes, Anon.
                              That never occurred to me.. but I think it's the same for me
                              Damn. Could it be something that simple?

Will ponder.

So glad you came here instead of giving in! Well done :l
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X