fed up with the craving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fed up with the craving

Over it now. Will wake up in the morning so happy I never gave in. Thanks friends!

Comment

fed up with the craving

Just as well I am ok as Mr A has asked me to get him a G&T. No wonder I have problems with so much booze in the house. Feel great at th moment??

Comment

fed up with the craving

Anon, is there any way Mr. A would agree to not have booze in the house at least for a little while? That would sure make things easier! On the other hand, if you are determined to quit, nothing will stop you.

Have you taken another look through the toolbox thread? Lots of good ideas in there for diverting attention from the beast.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

fed up with the craving

anon;1181100 wrote: Just as well I am ok as Mr A has asked me to get him a G&T. No wonder I have problems with so much booze in the house. Feel great at th moment??
          Imo mrs Anon thats tempting fate and in your case bad fate to be asked to go get G & Ts,Can you not talk to Mr A re this.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

fed up with the craving

mario;1181256 wrote: Imo mrs Anon thats tempting fate and in your case bad fate to be asked to go get G & Ts,Can you not talk to Mr A re this.
            I have tried talking to him but he refuses to accept I have a problem. Even when I have been brutally honest about my drinking and he has seen me falling down drunk.

Comment

fed up with the craving

Doggygirl;1181179 wrote: Anon, is there any way Mr. A would agree to not have booze in the house at least for a little while? That would sure make things easier! On the other hand, if you are determined to quit, nothing will stop you.

Have you taken another look through the toolbox thread? Lots of good ideas in there for diverting attention from the beast.

DG
              He would never agree I have tried.
              I have managed well so far to fight the "beast" So back to the toolbox I think.
              Thank you for your post

Comment

fed up with the craving

anon;1181264 wrote: I have tried talking to him but he refuses to accept I have a problem. Even when I have been brutally honest about my drinking and he has seen me falling down drunk.
                Anon if you have to beat this your first priority is yourself. (and of course i haven't met mr Anon i am sure he is a lovely man) but it seems to me he wants to have some sort of control there over you,& when he sees you sober & strong it frightens him

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

fed up with the craving

mario;1181266 wrote: Anon if you have to beat this your first priority is yourself. (and of course i haven't met mr Anon i am sure he is a lovely man) but it seems to me he wants to have some sort of control there over you,& when he sees you sober & strong it frightens him
                  Hit the nail on the head mario. Perhaps I have just got too strong. He is a lovely man but misses the out of control wifey

Comment

fed up with the craving

Anon,
                    Sorry to hear that the beast still haunts you. I thought you were taking bac - am I mistaken?
                    Hope all is well.

Comment

fed up with the craving

Mrs. A - I didn't see this til now. Sorry that you've been having a difficult time.

Not much I can add to what's already been said. Good for you on sticking by here to get over the cravings. The AL beast can sneak up on us when we least expect it and really give us a hard time. All I can say is do what works best for you to get over the witching hour. Maybe a good book or a movie or a run. Do you have an indoor public swimming pool where you live? Maybe a swim during the time you usually get the cravings would help since I know that weather-wise and due to the days getting shorter, a run later in the day might not be an option for you. And stick by here. Always someone around to talk to and help talk you through those hours. That's what we're here for. To help others and help ourselves...:l
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

fed up with the craving

stirly-girly;1181547 wrote: Mrs. A - I didn't see this til now. Sorry that you've been having a difficult time.

Not much I can add to what's already been said. Good for you on sticking by here to get over the cravings. The AL beast can sneak up on us when we least expect it and really give us a hard time. All I can say is do what works best for you to get over the witching hour. Maybe a good book or a movie or a run. Do you have an indoor public swimming pool where you live? Maybe a swim during the time you usually get the cravings would help since I know that weather-wise and due to the days getting shorter, a run later in the day might not be an option for you. And stick by here. Always someone around to talk to and help talk you through those hours. That's what we're here for. To help others and help ourselves...:l
                        Thanks Stirly--Yes just in from a run. I do not like running in the evening but some of the faster runners in our club go out to do hill work in the evening. I have just tagged on behind them. So a nice bath now:thanks:

Comment

fed up with the craving

gotta stop;1181423 wrote: Anon,
                          Sorry to hear that the beast still haunts you. I thought you were taking bac - am I mistaken?
                          Hope all is well.
                          I take a low dose of bac. It was not enough to help yesterday but I am great now. Thank you

Comment

fed up with the craving

Greetings anon...

Sis...you and I both have to deal with booze in da house. I am here to tell you it can be done.

Since my DH wasn't going to give up his drinks just because I needed to....I had to accept that there would be bottles in the house.

I accepted that the same way I had to accept that I am not a person who can have just one or two.

This body does not tolerate any amount of alcohol without detrimental consequences. Addiction was only the most obvious problem. The unseen and unforeseen consequences are truly frightening and often fatal. I sure as hell didn't want to go there, but found myself on the fast track downward with a first glass upgrade.

Since I KNEW that AL would also still be living in the house, I had to include this reality in my plan. Interestingly enough, having AL around has proven to be another point of self-confidence in my quest to control my life again. It scared me at first...What if I give into the temptation? The bottles are right there! I've gone long enough to 'break' the habit. One can't hurt. Right? Heck, maybe one more. That's not being out of control. Is it?

I simply no longer have to answer those questions or let them spend time in my brain because I made the decision to be a non-drinker. That decision leaves no room for doubt or temptation to get even the slightest toehold in the thought process. Now, I can see a bottle of wine or whatever and feel....indifference. That is freedom, my friend.

We are stronger than the bottle. And while I don't believe we can "will" addiction away. I do believe it is within our power NOT to pick up a drink. If that means going away to rehab...getting medical intervention and prescriptions.. or just taking a walk when the craving strikes...then do it. Whatever it takes to break that addiction.

And once the physical withdrawal is over...it's time to focus on the psychological aspect of this. I will not allow my mind to wander into the pity pit and mourn and moan about what I CAN'T do. I focus on what I CAN do and all the benefits I am getting from being healthy and present and free from a fatal addiction.

I love my new life.

I want you to love your life too! You can.
                            Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

fed up with the craving

Turnagain,

Brillian post!

Comment

fed up with the craving

Yes it is a brilliant post and have printed it out.:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                                X