X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread SATURDAY 24th September

Good morning It's Saturday.

Pug dog woke me to go out. We ended up going for quite a long walk-it's still dark and peaceful out there. Now I'm having my first coffee of the day and reading back so I can FINALLY catch up.

Comment

Good morning Expat enjoy Saturday and your coffee.

Oh dear Molly so sorry about the boy. What are they doing for your son at school? How does he get on with his big sister? Sometimes sisters and brothers get through where parents cannot.

Off for my Saturday morning race been awake for hours listening to snoring. I wonder why snoring does not wake the snorer??

Comment

top ten most dangerous cities in the world
        Good morning again-I have been reading back. So sorry about what happened to you yesterday Tips. Thank God none of you were injured.:l
        I have attempted to post a link to the "Ten most dangerous cities in the world". Hope it works. You will notice (if it works!) that both New Orleans and Cape Town are on the list! When we lived in New Orleans-we had to have bars on the windows, and the doors and when you came home at night you'd drive around the block until no one was in view and then dart into the house. Like living in a fortress. Our garden shed was broken into quite a few times-kids bikes stolen. They even stole our front gate once! Pretty much if something wasn't nailed down-it was gone. So sad because it is really a beautiful city. But not worth it to have to live in fear.Guns and violence is just out of control. Well, enough about that! Just glad you and Mrs. T are safe and hope you can get everything worked out as far as the paper work etc.

Comment

mollyka;1181828 wrote: Morning Xp, sorry I was MIA yesterday evening - just more sprog trouble - he's got himself excluded from school for 3 days --- I'm just pulling my hair out with worry about the little fecker at this stage. Anyway, may not be around much today either, need to get an AWFUL lot sorted out

Great result yesterday MrsAakaWhizzy! Deffo sell the frigging wine and head to Patagonia ---- that's just about far enough away from home to suit me at the mo! Beautiful starry sky outside at the moment, cheered me no end - hopefully talk laters
          Morning Molly and Mrs.A
          Good job Mrs. A on sorting out the al problem with hubby. Sounds really positive!:goodjob:
          Wow Molly-It sounds like you are going to have to take some serious action about your son. I know with everything going on...work, daily life etc it is hard to find enough hours in the day. :l I'm going to pm you a few experiences, ideas from my Dublin days.:l

Comment

mollyka;1181836 wrote: Morning MrsWhiz -- actually my hubs does wake himself up snoring sometimes - has a little giggle, and then goes back as before:upset:

Son was excluded cos he boxed a lad who was bullying a little fella - unfortunately he chose to do it in the main corridor, my worry is the underlying anger he has, and the gloom - will be a major talking day today. Daughter and him can get on brilliantly, but she ate him alive yesterday, so I think the lines of communication may be somewhat down at the moment from her

Enjoy your day girl, sounds good in the Whizzy household:l
            Well Molly-I have to say hats off to your son for boxing a lad who was bullying the little fella! Hate bullies. Your son sounds like a really caring lad but I can understand your worries about the anger issues and possible depression. Might as well write it on here instead of pm'ing you-but I spent about two months in Glenmalure Day Hospital, Milltown, Dublin 6. Wonderful place! We had therapy, aromatherapy massage, meditation, yoga, group talks etc...and then I'd go once a month to Bagott Street Hospital for my meds. I was being treated for depression, extreme anxiety, agoraphobia...but we had people (men and women) from 18 to 80. Mainly, anxiety, anger, depression issues. The staff were just incredible-very warm and caring. I'm still friends with some of the people I met there. I know it is an adult facility but I wonder if you could find something like it for children/ados that could fit in with his school hours. ? Maybe you could ring Glenmalure and ask if they have any ideas? As I said-they were just an incredible group of caring people. Now this was back in the 90's but I know it's still there. Not trying to be too pushy hun! Just trying to give some ideas.:l

Comment

mollyka;1181844 wrote: Pushy????? Exactly what I needed girl!! I've been scratching my head about where to turn, I will be on the phone as soon as it isn't sillyoclock here, thank you so much for that. I agree, the deed in itself was badly executed, but definitely done for the right reason, I'm afraid of sending him mixed messages, cos he CANNOT get excluded again - it's his leaving cert year FFS, but when hubs came in last night he had exactly the same reaction as you had, actually all my kids -- maybe cos they are all very tall and capable of handling themselves ---- have a pathological hatred of bullies.
              Thanks Pats, just another bloody reason why I love this place:l
              Sounds brilliant. What a support mechanism we have here:l

Comment

Morning, Army

On BlackBerry again... Off to police to get case number. Cards have been stopped. Will have to take a day's leave to sort out ID docs.

Anyhow, we'll get it sorted. It's just a schlepp to do so. I'm off, then. Having friends over tonight, so doubt I'll be around tonight.
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1181847 wrote: Morning, Army

On BlackBerry again... Off to police to get case number. Cards have been stopped. Will have to take a day's leave to sort out ID docs.

Anyhow, we'll get it sorted. It's just a schlepp to do so. I'm off, then. Having friends over tonight, so doubt I'll be around tonight.
                  :l sorry you have all this crap to sort out.

Comment

Hi Army! Tips sorry to hear about your stuff...what a hassle, hope you can sort it quickly...

On the sunshine coast just over an hour from Brisbane on a mini break....really good fun and nice to chill out together...

Comment

myhappyplace;1181849 wrote: Hi Army! Tips sorry to hear about your stuff...what a hassle, hope you can sort it quickly...

On the sunshine coast just over an hour from Brisbane on a mini break....really good fun and nice to chill out together...
                      :lTips
                      Hiya Saucy!! Have a great mini break!! I :h mini breaks!
                      Off for a bit. The little one is AWAKE.
                      xxx

Comment

Good morning Xpatty, Mollers, Whizzy A, Tippers, HP Saucy and all those yet to drop by

Sounds like a group hug is the order of the day

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Aww Molly, love I don't envy you, hun.:l

New Zealand are playing soon, have a go at your own Haka to get the blood pumping.

I am now having a little smile to meself imagining you slapping yer thighs and wagging yer tongue when the kids finally walk through the door.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ex-patty : are you watching the rugby?!
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Well I think the score so far does the French a disservice - they have played really well. I love watching the French and the welsh play rugby. Anyway looks like the ABs will win this one - but with some injuries.

And thinking of you with your boy. :l
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                              X