Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no!!!! enough to stop me drinking forever

Hyai all,

Well yes I haven't been here for a while but here I am after some rather horrific
    nightmares about myself and Alcohol and similarities with Governments across the world at the moment.

1. All the money I am spending on unnecessary goods= alcohol and cigarettes. All our Governments are hemoarraging money on equally futile and dangerous pursuits and goods.

2. The convenient pathological lying.. No, I don't really have a problem, of course I do!!, just keep it quiet. Governments are saying.. No its only a small problem.... Again clearly its not and hiding it alerts us to the realitiy that its not....

3.Just keep up the Ostrich position and it will go away.. but it won't, it just seems to magnify and become augmented . Fed by greed.

4. Throw more money at this beast, print more and consume more...mmm but isn't that what I'm trying not to do??

Sorry if i have offended anyone's political sensibilities...
    Just found a useful analogy to ascribe my feelings to

Take care
    Patrice
    :thanks:

political sensibilities. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Patrice, whatever it is, it's great news that it is enough to stop you drinking forever! You can do it!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hear here Patrice.....I am so in that camp with the govt's. It's global. Started watching a doc called RX Generation last night but fell asleep. Will be queing (sp) it again though. It is a powerful motivator to take back control. Be well Patrice.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Thanks guys
        Yes whatever it takes I'm there.. taking back the control is so important and to be well is to want others to be well as well....
        Yeah a bit annoyed with the lying that so deludes us on every level..
        Poiltical rant finished
        Sober day coming up
        xx

Comment

Welcome back patrice! Hey - whatever it takes for us to see the raw truth of our AL problems is a good thing. I love my AF life - I am so glad to be off the hampster wheel of the drinking life. I think you will love it too once you get some time under your belt and can then focus on building the life that you really want.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks DG,

No washing machines here to be tampered with and I think again I'm back on the right road where I just have to walk straight..and not look back

You were so right, its taken me a year and a bit to get back to this point... moved continents and situations... it all just followed me relentlessly. Now I want to really shake it off and feel I can

xx Patrice

Comment

oh steve darlin' ... I thought you'd gone .....

Comment

Working...
              X