Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 27th September

Morning (ish) troopers.

Thought I would start off the thread even if it is some ungodly hour over here still
    I finished work last Thursday and was given a lovely send off by the clients. A little party and lots of pressies and cards which was very emotional. I still have an overwhelming feeling of relief so I know I have done the right thing.
    Today would have been Mums 76th birthday, I cannot believe that she was still here a year ago and that at this time last year she only had a week to live. So much has happened I sometimes feel my feet havent touched the ground.

Molly, sending you big hugs girl, I really hope things get easier for you soon.

Been reading that silly meds thread by Dr Amiesen. Best laff Ive had for ages :H
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Yo startyhole!! Get back in the pit so the sleep fairy can find you! What a nice send off, and the time does fly doesn't it?

The Dr OA thread got really funny when the army trounced over there. :H

Hey ho army! Have a lovely!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning Army
      Good to see you Greenie!
      Sending hugs your way Starty:l You are going through so many emotional things and loads of changes at the moment. Any thoughts of a little mini-break just to change the air, so to say? Even for a few days? Seems I remember you mentioning Scotland awhile back?
      I need a mini-break. I was hoping to get over to the Lake District for a few days but it will just not be feasible. I started to add up the costs of travel, bringing pug dog with us, B and B....uch:. So I'm looking for something closer to "home" for a short autumn break.
      As for now...working as many hours as possible to get out of my financial hell hole (again!). I'm tired from the long hours but it gets me out of the house and at least I feel like I'm making a stab at trying to turn things around.
      Lately though-by the end of the day once I get the kids in bed-I'm just so exhausted I can only read two pages of my book and then lights out. I've also found I can't have the computer on while my son is doing his homework because it distracts him.As I've shared with you guys-he's dyslxic and ADHD so homework time is NOT fun time. He "knows" MWO (he loves all your avatars:H) and immediately starts screaming to see what piglet is doing. He does not understand it's an alkie site! My daughter does and is quite cool about giving mum her MWO time.
      Overall, things are going as ok as can be expected-I guess I'm just like about 99% of the other folk out there who are struggling to make ends meet.
      Off for more coffee. xxx

Comment

Morning Molly:l Xpost
        How are you today luv?

Comment

mollyka;1183265 wrote: Xpost Patser -- with you on the money front from here too - it's a bummer having to worry about funds all the time isn't it - at least you can put in the hours, so that's great!
          Yeah but I get paid chicken feed! Still laughing my arse off about you feeding your hens oat cakes!:H

Comment

One small vent about the financial situation and then I'll shut it!
            They did an experiment by taking a shopping bill from a French equivalent of friggentesco before the Euro (still French francs) and then went shopping and bought exactly the same shite on the list. Today, the bill had almost doubled! Same shite-double the price! Have our salaries doubled??NOOOOO! I swear, you walk out of the shops after spending 40 euros and you have two little bags. The money just disappears? And I'm just talking about basic goods like milk, cheese, meat, fruit etc. Nothing fancy. OK-that was my vent for the day. I'll hush now.

Comment

I feel so blessed that I only have to think of me and my dogs during this time. I would be in bits if I had to worry about my kids like you two do. I do have loads to be thankful for tho. A break is something I want very much. I am off to London this weekend with Chilly to see Paul Mckenna and Richard Bandler in an NLP seminar about getting the life you want. Cant wait for that and am hoping it will give me a kick start to my new life.

Greeniearse, the sleep fairy came back but has now fecked off again

Comment

I had hens as a child. I remember going out to collect the eggs one morning and dropped one. They pounced on it and wolfed it down. I didn't eat eggs for about three years.:H
                Alrighty-off to have a shower.
                :l Talk to you lads later xxx

Comment

The wages here are shite too. I am looking at earning less than half what I used to. BUT you are right, at least we dont have to buy booze! That is sooooooo expensive

Comment

Good morning all who have been and all to come.

Please note: I did NOT refer to any of you as has-beens. Just so we're clear on it.

The schlepp continues today... trying to get a quote on the replacement of my car keys and locks. The fecking bastards know where I live - there was a municipal bill in my backpack. And they have my spare keys. If that is too expensive (there is a fecking limit on what my insurance will pay out), I'm just going to replace the missing key and look at replacing the car - have been thinking about it in any event.

Anyhoo... enough about my little problems.

Let's make the most of today, shall we?
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning all. Must read back on the Meds thread. I never read it now as it almost drove me to drink.

Sorry everyone is having a hard time re cash. Must think of making loads of money?

Comment

Good morning

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

In work later on so busy day ahead :-)

Comment

Morning Army

Sorry not been here not been in the best frame of mind, but the fog is clearing slightly
                            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hi panno hope your ok was wondering were you got to.

Comment

Working...
                              X