Army Thread 27th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ktabs back too. Been behaving myself and feeling good, just been very busy last few days and going to bed early beats opening a bottle. Have had the odd lurk around but sometimes I just don't have anything constructive to say. Yeh I know, never stopped me before, just look at the post count.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi ktab great to see you 2 :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning Guys, sorry disappeared - I thought working at home today I'd have no interruptions Wrong!!

Ktab glad you've been behaving, send some tips this way
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Have to leg it or drive it as the case may be, laters. keep checking in panno & you to ktab :-) have a great day.laters.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

That's why I love the army thread, always a warm welcome no matter what. Thank you all for that. I must admit I have been thinking for the past few weeks of not coming here any more. I find the majority of threads and the general vibe depressing on most of the site these days, but maybe that says more about me than the path mwo has taken in the past year.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Bye Mario safe journey :l
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Good morning Starty, Greeniebeanie,Expatty,Molly,Zens,Tippers,Whizzy,Ma riooooo, Panno, Ktabbers and all those yet to drop by,

Starts, my heart goes out to you. :l These anniversaries are a bugger, it's hard but we get through them.

The daughter went on one of them NPL courses did her the world of good If you remember she was having a hard time with panic attacks and anxiety. Along with the NPL training and a bit of counselling she's more or less as right as rain now.

KT, you know I would hunt you down and grab your ear hole and drag you back here kicking and screaming.

Going to write another post in case this one gets lorst.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Part deux,

Expatty, shame you can't get over for a wee break. We've booked a couple of days in Carlisle for the middle of October.

Mrs A, I admire your strength at not lurking round the meds, I do like a good lurk round there.

Tippers, the only time we've ever had our car pinched it was a company car, thank goodness so Mr JC's firm paid for everything. He'd have been bussing it otherwise.

As for the money thing, thank goodness I got that wee bit of money from my godfather or I don't know where we'd be at. There's a meeting on the 5th Oct to draw up a new plan to try and get rid of our ridiculous debt within 5 years. Until then I'm holding my breath. So fingers crossed please.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JC this debt things a bugger, that's where my heads been I've finally got around to totalling mine up :upset:

Comment

I nearly puked when I saw ours written down in black and white.

Admitting we were up to our ears in debt was horrendous, I'd rather have stood naked in Marks and Spencer's window.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Me too but not sure the window shoppers would :H

Comment

Dawg I'm smiling now.

One of the best bits of advise we got from some firm or another was to ask Mr JC's parents for a loan. As if we're going to ask a couple in their 80's, one with a heart problem for a squillion pounds.

Well we've kept hold of the house and can pay the utility bills so all in all we should be counting our blessings. I just feel a right knacker brain for letting it get this far.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Think my house will have to go - I stupidly took a secured loan on it to consolidate a couple of years ago and der run up the credit cards again....that's fucking Chardonnay for ya, some mate that tuned out to be!!

Comment

Oops sorry for the language ... Mood I'm in I'm getting really angry with myself

Comment

Aww Panno, hun.:l

There but for the grace of God and all that. For some reason it's one of the boxes we never ticked. They must have thought Mr JC was going to be Solicitor General one day.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X