Army Thread 27th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank god JC as having a secured loan makes it so hard if you want to negotiate other debt!!
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

OK must be off and try and find mr motivation, have a good day everyone and JC thanks for your ear :h
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Not a worry, love.

Going to give the prize crossword another go, only been doing it for about 5 years. I think it must be my turn to win the ?1500 this time.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1183275 wrote: I'm in trubbble... I logged on, checked back on *that* thread and started sniggering. BJ is going "What's so funny?" and I'm saying "Nothing"... Then I looked at the Army thread... :H:H:H

Fookez moi... its even funnier reading it now than it was as it happened... :H
          Did you notice slippery pete has "Amurrica" as his location? :H:H
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Zenstyle;1183375 wrote: Yep Greeny, I did! LOL!

Did you notice Murphy's extremely sensitive and tactful "lesbian" post?!

Panno... sorry to hear about the money woes. I know exactly how you and JC feel... I have a set of money issues here too.

People say money doesn't matter... but for the most part it's people with money that say that!!!
            Yes I think you are right.

Been sitting out in the sun reading Unwasted my Lush Sobriety. I am not enjoying it as It is not particularly well written. I will finish it as I have paid for it!

Comment

Got the other one Zen I will read that next!
              I have reported the Murphy post.

Comment

Morning Army!!!

Starty... :l I know how you feel about your mum's birthday. Mine's coming up here, too. And the anniversary of Tom's suicide is next week. His g/f is driving up from Indiana. She doesn't want to be alone for that, so I'll be happy to have her here with me.

Now, y'all got me curious about meds threads... will have to find a few minutes to observe the excitement.

Other than that.. kinda gloomy day here, nonetheless I should get my rear in motion.

Laterz!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

anon;1183393 wrote: Got the other one Zen I will read that next!
                  I have reported the Murphy post.
                  I have reported it as well.

Comment

Thanks Zennie... ya aggressive bloke :H

Geeez.
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Mrs A I'm reading the same book but with a different take on it to you, I actually love her explaining all the different emotions she goes through and can really identify to it particularly the anger ( think that's my mood at the mo :H ) I love the way she's looking back and realising she just didn't work at anything, when she had to put effort into anything she just moved right along to the next party. I do agree though in parts it's not that well written but for whatever reason I'm just letting that bit go

Zen I'm happy to report it's reported and do you fancy a date, best looking man I've ever met :H:H

Comment

hello

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Zenstyle;1183456 wrote: By the way... not that there's anything WRONG with being a man... didn't mean it like that... just that I'm a little disgruntled that my femininity was overlooked! AGAIN! :H
                          :H:H

I wouldn't be a man for all the tea in China, let's face it the poor decides can't do right for doing wrong :H

Comment

Don't know how ,decides came up I wrote (or thought ) feckers!!

Comment

Hi again Peeps!!
                              startingover;1183244 wrote: Morning (ish) troopers.

Thought I would start off the thread even if it is some ungodly hour over here still
                              I finished work last Thursday and was given a lovely send off by the clients. A little party and lots of pressies and cards which was very emotional. I still have an overwhelming feeling of relief so I know I have done the right thing.
                              Today would have been Mums 76th birthday, I cannot believe that she was still here a year ago and that at this time last year she only had a week to live. So much has happened I sometimes feel my feet havent touched the ground.

Molly, sending you big hugs girl, I really hope things get easier for you soon.

Been reading that silly meds thread by Dr Amiesen. Best laff Ive had for ages Had a good laugh myself Startypants.

I'm glad you feel relieved and that you did the right thing by quitting. Something will come along soon and hopefully it will be exactly what you were looking for.

It's my Sister's birthday today. And it would have been my Granny's birthday yesterday. It was her ceiling that we used to "spray paint" by shaking cans of grape-flavoured pop and then yanking off the flip-tops..:H

expat3;1183268 wrote: One small vent about the financial situation and then I'll shut it!
                              They did an experiment by taking a shopping bill from a French equivalent of friggentesco before the Euro (still French francs) and then went shopping and bought exactly the same shite on the list. Today, the bill had almost doubled! Same shite-double the price! Have our salaries doubled??NOOOOO! I swear, you walk out of the shops after spending 40 euros and you have two little bags. The money just disappears? And I'm just talking about basic goods like milk, cheese, meat, fruit etc. Nothing fancy. OK-that was my vent for the day. I'll hush now.
                              ExPatty - when the euro was introduced in Greece, a lot of people - most of the people actually, had a huge problem understanding how much they were paying for things and a lot of stores took advantage of that. Especially on stuff like bottled water and soft drinks and candy bars, crisps and things. For example we used to buy a small bottle of water for 50 drachmas. The euro was worth 340.75 drachmas so it was about 1/7th of a euro. Within weeks, if not days, it was up to 50 cents which is equal to 170 drachmas. And over the years, everything has been slowly creeping up and up. Gasoline is up to 1.65 euro a litre which echoes in all the prices everywhere. Plus they have added on some extra taxes and are lowering the level of those who will be paying income tax to those who make just 5000 euro a year. That's just over 400 euro a month, way too small an income to be taxed on IMO, but the World Monetary Fund has lent us money and are demanding we pay back the loans and they're running the show right at the moment. The economy is the shits anyway you look at it.
                              mollyka;1183269 wrote:
                              Just lost a big long post - haven't done that in a while - must be lack of sleep
                              The fecking girls get fed better than us most of the time, had to draw the line at cannibalism yesterday tho - sprog was about to feed them the remnants of Sundays chicken

I'm feeling more in control today bout the whole situation here. We've had some good chats and he's doing lots of school work - he says.
                              Daughter is still giving him a bit of a rough ride tho, part of me thinks she's right, he's gotten off awfully light here at home. Just thinking bout Inchy really - I felt decidedly uncomfortable when she said her sister ransacked her room. Daughter went into his room the day he got suspended and cleared out his tele, his playstation --- and other 'suspicious' looking items!! Just felt if he was on here he'd have posted somethin like Inchy did
                              Anyway, I'm back to bed for an hour - hubs is off for a few days now so I feel I have a bit of 'adult' back-up which is good! Then off to Cavan at the weekend for my birthday present treat - that's if I can persuade daughter to 'baby-sit' in a humane fashion - think she thinks Guantanamo is a good idea at the moment:upset:Molly, glad to see things are looking up with your son at the moment. I would keep an eye on that school work - if he's doing as much as he says he's doing, I mean. Not that you should pressure him but perhaps a word on the side to his teachers would show you if he really is or not. I don't know that I would have reacted in the way your daughterdid, but she probably thought she was giving him the message he needed to be a little wiser in how he supports his beliefs.

Panno;1183298 wrote: Morning Army

Sorry not been here not been in the best frame of mind, but the fog is clearing slightlyDon't be a stranger Panno. Glad you're feeling better.
                              KTAB;1183304 wrote: Ktabs back too. Been behaving myself and feeling good, just been very busy last few days and going to bed early beats opening a bottle. Have had the odd lurk around but sometimes I just don't have anything constructive to say. Yeh I know, never stopped me before, just look at the post count.Good to see you back and posting.
                              KTAB;1183309 wrote: That's why I love the army thread, always a warm welcome no matter what. Thank you all for that. I must admit I have been thinking for the past few weeks of not coming here any more. I find the majority of threads and the general vibe depressing on most of the site these days, but maybe that says more about me than the path mwo has taken in the past year.
                              Well, I can only say this - in "Frog" language,.... don't.go.outside.the.barracks
                              JackieClaire;1183332 wrote:
                              Not a worry, love.

Going to give the prize crossword another go, only been doing it for about 5 years. I think it must be my turn to win the ?1500 this time.
                              So did you win??
                              Zenstyle;1183436 wrote:
                              I know Sunny!!!!!! Remember someone else thought I was a bloke years ago?!!!

Why would any bloke have a set of beautifully pedicured feet, a fat cat with a load of rocks on its head, or a white cat cringing
                              (possibly in response to Murphy's posts!) for an avatar?! Gawd...

Gotta Stop... that is why God gave us red triangles... ) Seriously... its an open forum and we are all afforded the opportunity to our opinions... if his posts make you uneasy then it's your right to say so. (I know they've upset you, that is obvious... and I hope you can just shrug it off now as someone who doesn't matter to you. Don't let it get to you any longer... moving right along...) :l
                              The cat's not cringing, it's admiring its dainty little footsies...
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Howdy, dudes
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X