Army Thread 27th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1183536 wrote: Good luck m'dear! I reckon 1 1/2 lbs...
    You were wrong, she says doing happy little dance here and not making the foundations shake.

TWO WHOLE POUNDS.

Slimmer of the week and me two stone award.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That is awesome JC :goodjob:
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

JackieClaire;1183627 wrote: You were wrong, she says doing happy little dance here and not making the foundations shake.

TWO WHOLE POUNDS.

Slimmer of the week and me two stone award.
        The incredible shrinking woman:goodjob:

Comment

Hi. I have been reading for a long time here but only posted today. I have not spent much time in the general area but came here because of the meds part. I have tried and failed at everything while trying to quit drinking. Now I am trying baclofen. So far it seems to be helping a lot. I am not counting on it to be the answer to all my problems. But it is helping so far. But the meds part of this website is sometimes a difficult place. Some people are not very nice. I guess some people everywhere are not very nice sometimes but I would rather be around nicer people. Sometimes I am not very nice either but I try. I have not quit drinking yet even with the baclofen. I am still hopeful.

When I first heard about the Army thread, I assumed it was for military people. I gather that is not what it is about. What does Army mean or stand for?

Comment

Thanks ladies, honestly I'm chuffed to little mint balls.

Just been reading Stirls post and wasn't it just magnificent.

aww and Panno I can't watch the video, I'd be blubbing all over the place.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Crunchy so glad you made it over to the Army, if I'm honest no idea what it means but what I do know you'll get the best support. Mr T has had great success on the Baclofen.
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Yooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo Crunchy and welcome to the Army.

How to describe the Army.

We're on in this to fight a battle about alcohol.

Also a daily drop in to say hello, talk about our day, chat over any problems not always about alcohol and have a bit of a laugh or even a cry together.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1183649 wrote: Thanks ladies, honestly I'm chuffed to little mint balls.

Just been reading Stirls post and wasn't it just magnificent.

aww and Panno I can't watch the video, I'd be blubbing all over the place.
                  Me too, but I did learn where the homeless man with the dog runs off too :H

Comment

Ok I'm off to have a fight with the sleep fairy, hope to god I win, night everyone :l

Comment

I'm orff to actually go and eat something.

I'm too excited to sleep so I'll be back around midnight.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I saw KTAB's avatat in that video!
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

That video is so beautiful. It reminds me of Phil Collins "Another Day in Paradise."

I'm afraid that what is in those videos is about to become normal. I think that something very bad is happening to the world. I follow economy and that, even though it is not helpful for quitting drinking. What is happening now has not happened before I don't think. It is very big and very bad and it is coming. I worry about old and disabled people. I worry about me and my family. Is anyone else afraid like I am afraid? I do what I can but it's not much. I think that it is going to be very big and very bad. It is going to happen soon and it is going to happen everywhere at once.

Does anyone else see that? I don't know if it is actually what is happening or if it just my anxiety. My anxiety is very bad. I think I probably nearly had a coronary the day I was born and it has been with me ever since. When you live with that kind of fear as an unwanted mindset it is hard to sort through it all. But I have been at it for a while now. What is happening now is new. It is different. I do not think my anxiety is overruling my judgement on this. I think that it is real.

I'm sorry to be a bummer. I guess that it is pretty sad when you have to ask strangers to define reality for you. I do need that though. Honesty would be very helpful. If it's really what is happening then I can focus on that. If its me being super crazy then I can focus on that. Not knowing or being able to ask people leaves me running around in circles in my head. I will feel better if I could do something, anything. Either name the things now as unimportant silliness or label them as having the importance that I suspect that they have. Either direction would give me a direction.

Again, I'm very sorry for all the dark stuff. Fear is the norm for me. I try to sort through what is a real threat and what is not. This stuff really feels real to me. Sorry again.

Comment

Thanks. I am so sleepy that it is hard to sort through.

I think that economy more than sucks. I think that the effects will have a powerful impact on people's lives from now on.

I am not down and out, not yet anyway. It would not take much though.

Comment

I just wish that I could make my brain shut-up. Even if it only made today better no matter what else happens. I guess that may be why I drank though. It just won't shut up.

Comment

Just doing me midnight rounds, well I'm a bit late as it's 12.38am this side of the pond.

Nice to see you having a good look round the boards, Crunchy. I know you're taking baclofen but it's a great help to have a good read through the tool box link below as well.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X