Jan 5 - 100 days from today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I decided to give up alcohol for at least 100 days, and from today, that Day is JANUARY 5th. It will be here before we know it....and when I get to that date I want to feel healthy, happy and glad I am approaching winter with a clear attitude.

So what I must do today is fully commit.....Done,

Also, must get alcohol out of house...5 beers in fridge must be put in pantry for hubby's return, as he will not and does not need to cut back or quit.

Find something to do in the evenings after the sun goes down.

I hope if anyone is interested in joining me, they will feel free to do so. LET the count down begin to January 5th.....100 days from today.

I think 100 days can seen daunting, but I also know it will be here before you know it....So let's get started.

Windy

Hi windy,

Welcome to MWO - this is a great place!

You sound commited & ready to go, that's great
    Here's a link to our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html. It's full of great ideas to help you make your plan & find something to do during the evenings.

Please feel free to visit the Newbies Nest for more support, lots of folks there just getting started as well.
    Wishing you the best!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Lavande for your comments and suggestions. I will do both.

I admit I am not just getting started. This has been a very long journey. I am in the first stages of my awarenesses that is true...But I started a long time ago feeling like something was not quite "normal" and began some soul searching. I am just beginning to feel brave enough to post here for added support, and making a "real" commitment too, and also I need a place to be held accountable. You could also say I have been lurking for a while.

I do feel like something is different for me and I hope I can do this.

So..I guess I view this as not the start but the end ...End of false starts and the end of that nagging feeling that what I am doing is not very healthy. I have done 30 days AF before and found it not enough time to get the full benefits. I am going for 100 days and perhaps FOREVER.

I do appreciate your comments and I AM ready to go, and taking an MWO tour is a good idea....I shall have a good look at the tool box and maybe chime in on the Newbies Nest. Thanks again.

Comment

Join your challenge?

Hi Windy,

I responded on my thread. WOW 100days. Never done that before.

I want to say yes I'll join you but it seems so unbelievable. I know it's possible. Just a little scared to committ. But it would be the best best best thing I (we) could do for ourselves.

Hmmmmmmm

Comment

Hi Meech,

Thanks for responding on this thread. I read yours too and made some comments.

You are right. It would be the best thing we could do for ourselves. I too understand how long it feels and that is why I decided on 100 days, just because it does sound like a long time. Long enough to get it out of your mind and body in order to really get the benefits of no booze. I did 30 days and to me that was not enough.. I should have gone further, so that is why the 100 number. Shoot there are some peeps who have 10 times that amount. Now that is REALLY something. 100 is only 1 more than 99.

Whatever you do, it is a start to more energy and happiness (from your thread).

Comment

Hi windy. Just wanted to wish you well! I know you can do it!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Doggygirl, Thanks for your wellwishes..and confidence. It does mean a lot to me.

Comment

I will join in! Just focus on One Day At A Time!
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks DriftyAlison0 for joining me and reminding me to focus one day at a time.

I have to admit - I needed to set that goal so far out there and to commit to it. I do recognize the importance of keeping it real and not taking on too much, and I need to be reminded of it. So for today that's what I am going to do .....just do.

99 Days to go...And less until the Holidays...ha ha.

Comment

Hi Windy,

You sound great - very upbeat and determined!
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Windy,

I'm in! :thanks:

Let's do this. I start today so I'm just one day behind you.

Meech

Comment

Thanks Marshy, you sound pretty cool too:agreed:.

Meech, Let's do it. We can! it will be hard, but we are determined.

It is also a journey. There will be challenges, and it might seem impossible at times, that is when we think back to this day and what made us so determined.

I hope the 100 day-thing doesn't seem too overwhelming.

I am not giving in today.

Windy

Comment

Hi windy welcome to MWO, This for the most part is a great community with lots of great support & advice, keep posting and sharing your thoughts also check out the tool box which is in the monthly abstinence thread, good luck and hope to see you around the boards.Don't quit quitting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks Mario,

Man...if I would have known there was such a good-looking dude here...well.... I would have been here a long time ago. As you can see I am an old-mother hen.

Kidding aside, Thanks a bunch. I will give some serious time to the much talked about tool box.

Love your quotes.

Comment

Hi windy,

How are you doing today?

I'm Day 1 done and feeling very commited. Long way to go though. But there is no way I can let the poison in.

Unwasted posted some great commandments - I am going to recall every day and hope it gets my thinking moving in the right direction.

Have a great sober day!

Comment

Working...
                              X