Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holidays,Holidays, I mystery start this thread

Hi everyone!,,.....

Let us start the love here..... ....... I love fall.... The colors are so beautiful.... I love Halloween.... The Orange, black , purple, moonlight, cool air, costumes, pumpkins, pies , cider

I like the colors, I just don't like the cold......and being in Iowa by the end of the season, I am pretty much freezing my arse up.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Good idea Georgie. I love coming in from the cold to a lovely open fire of coal, logs and turf.
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Thanks guys I love , love,love this time of year.

Gina

Comment

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. My mother was a great country cook, and nothing could beat her food. All the family would be there, and we would have a blast.

But, I must say, autumn has always made me sad. The changing of the light to a golden color, the smell, the end of something; it's bittersweet to me.

I LOVE WINTER!
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I love fall...but I hate the Holidaze. Winter is lovely, though.

Comment

fennel;1183763 wrote: I love fall...but I hate the Holidaze. Winter is lovely, though.
              "Holidaze," I'm going to use that! Great one, fennel!
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I love the fall. I remember eating candy apples in the fall. The caramel ones made with individual caramels... I loved jumping in the leaves as a child and we are living at a cottage with a huge maple tree in the front yard. It's just starting to drop it's leaves and the grandbaby baby is just about walking so if the timing is right, on Thanksgiving Day (my birthday), grandbaby and I will be jumping in the leaves together. We are having lots of bonfires lately. Oh the smell, I always thought that the smell of wood smoke on men was the sexiest smell imaginable. They should make a wood smoke cologne.

The changing seasons keep life interesting around here. We snow shoe, toboggan and cross-country ski in the winter, we swim and kayak in the river in the summer and it's all good.

Tips
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                X