Army Thread 28 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 28 September

Its good to cool off espeicially after reading the meds thread :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

Zenstyle;1184076 wrote: LMAO!!!

Och, its really quite simple... if someone's behaviour is a problem the Forum Mod will step in... otherwise the Forum Mod will not. (I could have saved my breath and just typed that!!!) :H :new:
      Well its nice to see we have forum mods, for a while there i thought we had none.

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

Zenstyle;1184084 wrote: I agree Mario... its good to know that someone is keeping an eye on things. Can you imagine what it could be like without them? :wow:
        No we need them as what was said by murphy was out of school.

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

Zenstyle;1184088 wrote: Yep. That's the bottom line. If a member is upsetting other members then its a problem. You can dress it up and make it look like this or that... but there it is.

What I said about the other forums... they are heavily moderated... people would never get away with posting anything controversial like that.
          Yep so true.

Going to look at my Irish news bebacinabit.

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

I belong to another forum (not al related) and it kicks off on there now and again and people get banned. The most annoying thing was someone setting up different ids with the sole intention of causing trouble.

I think it goes hand in hand with the internet sadly. When you don't have to face people personally, some people think that gives them licence to type whatever they like no matter who it offends?
            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

:hallo: again Army Brats!!

beagle;1183919 wrote: hello all army, i should've been more on the ball & stunned you all by starting a new thread, but hey, it may well cause some cardiac arrests which i need not on my mind!
              but hello anyways.
              mr tips, may i tell you just quietly that i am slow-roasting lamb neck chops with fruit chutney & curry powder & they smell bloody fantastic.
              off to boil & mash spuds with garlic & olive oil - a true treat.
              shearing our lambs atm so am constantly thinking of fresh meat......oh dear what a carnivore i am!
              (going to think about fresh kill all night now!!!!).....grunt, grunt.Beagzie - good to see you girl and to see you sounding so positive. Looks like Spring suits you!!
              sunshine_gg;1183987 wrote: Morning troops!!!

What is this I hear.. HOT? Where?!
              It's still quite lovely here (when it's dry, that is)... but fall sure has arrived. Mind you, all the leaves are turning now... so it's purdy

Happy humpday to all!Hey Sunny-bean! Was listening to the weather forecast for my home town earlier and I believe they're supposed to get rain for the next four days, although the temps will be up around 25C today. The town's located about 1-1/2 hours by car east of Toronto. So if the rain doesn't let up, I hope that at least a little of their heat will come your way.
              InChains;1184002 wrote: howdy ya'll, my day off and I'm sat around indoors boiling half to death... bloody second round of summer xD
              Hi Inchy!! So sorry to hear about that incident with your room being ransacked a couple of days ago. Don't think I've seen you since to comment on it. Hope you got that all straightened out. Invasion of private space is just not right. Glad to hear you're enjoying Uni.
              pingu1997;1184052 wrote:
              Pingu is indeed my cat, she's old and soft and just a lazy pretty lump really

I'll look out for other cats, but not a cat person myself

we keep chickens, strange for these parts (live in quite a residential area) but they are cute and funny and they produce lovely eggs!
              Hi again Pingu. Nice to see you. Um, er, how can you not be a cat person and have a cat? Just asking out of curiosity (that killed the cat).
              Crunchy;1184033 wrote:
              Better today here. Sorry about my meltdown.

I love fall because everything cools off. It's sunny, not hot, no costas around here. Must shower and go to laundromat. I'm shooting for a better day today.
              Good to see you Crunchy. No need to apologize for a vent or a "meltdown" here. Lord knows we vent all the times ourselves and this is the place to be if you need to get something off your chest.

Yep, Fall is lovely here in Greece, too. While we don't have trees whose leaves change colour in the area where we live, the weather is gorgeous. Warm sun and cool breezes. Love it.
              tiptronic_ct;1184041 wrote:

Phew. Glad today is over. I've been working my stripey little arse off lately. And the red tape is never-ending, getting the insurance and stuff sorted. The investigating officer phoned. They actually found usable fingerprints. We all have to go to the police station to have ours taken, so they can make sure it's not ours. And it's only the palmprint on the one window, but appears to be consistent with someone trying to look inside. Rather surprised that they seem to be taking it seriously. Pleasantly so, of course.

OK - off to have a read back (not that it'll take ages today)
              Little arse? Oh have you joined JC on the SW programme? Because I remember a couple of your comments not that long ago about a "jelly-belly". I doubt you've got that and a little arse. Just saying....

Seriously Tipster, good news about the finger prints. Hopefully they won't be yours and they can find a match and get the feckers. We've had much running around in the past with the several times that our various cars have been broken into. Come to think of it, I'm the only one who hasn't had my car broken into but I did have my purse snatched once and then the two robberies at knife-point in Canada as I mentioned a couple of days ago. Not nice at all, having to deal with stuff like that.

Recluse;1184053 wrote: Afternoon!

Someone mention my name?Hello Panda-Man!!! How's things in your corner of the world??
              Zenstyle;1184064 wrote:
              Nothing to do with the military! It's the Army against Alcohol (I think...) and there are AF people, people that mod and people that are still trying to get control over it posting on here. Just a wee support group that checks in throughout the day and has a wee natter if nothing more serious is going on.
              A great support group, I'd say. Yes, we tend to banter back and forth among ourselves but when someone posts about a problem, the "cute" remarks stop and the support begins. Whether it's a problem about AL, family, work, whatever, or just someone needing to vent, sharing it here is what we do because we're all in this together.
              mario;1184074 wrote:
              Its good to cool off especially after reading the meds thread :-)
              :H:H

Agree about needing the forum moderators. Most of the time things are okay on the boards in spite of differences of opinion and small disagreements. But when things go too far, someone needs to step in and stop the ugliness.

Where the heck is JC? Still sitting in her garden reading the magazines? Crikey - it'll be dark soon. She might trip over Black Bess or something. YOO-HOOOOO JC. Where are you??

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

Eveninks my darlinks,

Isn't it nice to know there is still someone out there watching over us

Well let's hope that's the end of it.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

Zenstyle;1184093 wrote: I agree Pingu... the anonymity gives people the courage to say all sorts they wouldn't in a face-to-face setting.

And then add alcohol to the mix on a recovery forum... whew!
                  Ditto to what Zen said...
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

Did JC give feedback on last night's weigh-in? I didn't read back on yesterday's thread

Stirly: I unfortunately have NO ass whatsover. Fecking genetics...
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

without moderation (of the forum variety) people can say what they like and while it might be a joke to the person saying it, the recipient may feel completely differently. The other forum I belong to frequently kicks off and it's about body mods, nowhere near as heavy as this one, yet people manage to talk to each other like crap about mods and everything else.

I am not a cat person but I tolerate her for the sake of my family who adore her. She's quite cute really but she took a while to get used to. As well as 3 chickens, I have a massive fish tank, a nursery tank and a hamster. And 2 kids....
                      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

tiptronic_ct;1184100 wrote: Did JC give feedback on last night's weigh-in? I didn't read back on yesterday's thread
                        2lbs/0.91kgs . I've lost 28.5lbs/12.95 kgs all together. Got about another 10lbs/4.55 kgs to go and than I think I'll stick any lower and I'll get scrawny.

How can yer tell I've been at the gods of google using the weight converter.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

evenign all, with regards to the break in stirly, and anybody else whos interested, me and my other half have a plan to catch the person at it, we think its my older sister but can't rule out my little brother due to his drug issues so really I don't trust anybody, whcih is a touch upsetting i must admit...
                          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

Ah you see it's all in the planning, diversions, not thinking of yourself as being deprived, and treating yourself to something other than cream cakes, taking it ODAT and checking in regularly.............now where have I heard that.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

Yooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo Incheroooo,
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 28 September

heya jc n zenny

about to play with them there principles again myself JC, oh what a mighty merry go round i seem to sit on these days xD
                                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X