army thread thurs 29th sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1184711 wrote: Where I lived before there were loads of liquor stores (they only sell wine and beer in the supermarkets here) and I used to do the rounds and not feel as if anyone noticed the frequency of my purchases. Where I live now, there are precisely two. And yer can't hide it with groceries! :H One of the places is posh and I feckin' hated going there... stopped going a few years ago. So, if I really hit the skids, there will be no hiding my consumption in this neck of the woods!
    Its not where I live its where I work .... the chef brought me 100 bottles from the cash and carry and asked me would that last the month :blushing:
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

JackieClaire;1184716 wrote: Ham and pea soup, Panno. It's no blooming wonder I'm melting.
      My favourite soup Pea and Ham, I had the most awful cup of soup yesterday, Minestrone all because it said 61 calories on the front!! needless to say they are in the back of the cupboard now for when I'm desperate!!
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

JackieClaire;1184715 wrote: Yo Incheroo,

The weather hasn't half been weird.

Way over 80F/27C in the back garden this aftie...................I'm melting, I'm melting, I'm melting
        I heard today, not a reliable source mind you, that is going to snow in October!!

Comment

Panno;1184721 wrote: I heard today, not a reliable source mind you, that is going to snow in October!!
          You been talking to my husband again.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good afternoon, ladies 'n gents!
            WhaddidImiss?
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

stirly-girly;1184701 wrote: Had that happen one time with a bottle of ouzo. Frikking embarrassing as I'd done what you did and bought groceries (things I really didn't need at the time) to sort of "hide" the booze. And then the damn bottle broke and the clerk yelled to one of the other workers - "Can you bring a bottle of Zachos ouzo please" loud enough to block out a fog horn...:blush:
              [/color]
              That must have been dead embarrasing stirly, but it's funny though!

Comment

JackieClaire;1184723 wrote: You been talking to my husband again.
                so its true then :upset:

Comment

You folks are a hoot and half.

Sorry for your misfortune, Recluse.

When it's done right, split-pea soup is the food of Gods. When it's not . . . (cue the barfing scene from Linda Blair in "The Exorcist")

After a couple days of no appetite, I'm have crazy carb cravings. So far peanut butter cups and peanut butter Oreos are keep them in check.

Comment

Trouble is me split peas are still like little bullets and I sure I've done the bloody recipe right.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Have you tried peanut butter on celery Crunchy, its adorable

Comment

JackieClaire;1184736 wrote: Trouble is me split peas are still like little bullets and I sure I've done the bloody recipe right.
                        Some say you should soak the peas in water with a bit of salt overnight before cooking them the next day. It softens them up or something.
                        Reading back

Comment

expat3;1184741 wrote: Some say you should soak the peas in water with a bit of salt overnight before cooking them the next day. It softens them up or something.
                          Reading back
                          I did, I did :argh:
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm gonna have to love yous and leave yous for a bit.

I must get this cake iced.

Pictures will be forthcoming, or even fifthcoming it's going to sooooooooooooo luvverly.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

nOw this is the Army I know and luv - food - she says wondering why I'm 2 stone over weight (smiling) I'm on my phone now and can't find the emoticons!

Comment

Finished. It may not be the most elegant cake in the world but it's made with love.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X