X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

army thread thurs 29th sept

How in the world will you resist JC?
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Screw elegance. That looks luscious!

Comment

RingingCedars;1184759 wrote: How in the world will you resist JC?
        I must RC, I have seen a beaut dress I'm after.

Crunchy;1184762 wrote:
        Screw elegance. That looks luscious!
        Why thank you.

Anyhoo the split peas have finally blooming split.

I'll be back.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1184751 wrote: I can't believe BJ is STILL discussing the baseball from last night... he's been on the phone for the best part of an hour. And they think us females yack a lot?! :H :new:
          :H
          Well, my banana bread was delicious. Too yummy because I ate two big slices.:upset:
          Molly-didn't you mention something about Monday being the start of cutting out all the "unhealthies". I guess I'd better try again with the eating healthy thing. And small quantities. It just seems like I can't do anything in moderation. FECK! But I can't stop eating completely like with the booze and fags! well, I pretty much did when I was drinking and smoking-I was stick thin. So many people talk about the positive benefits of quitting drink because they've lost weight and save loads of money. In France, I could find a very decent bottle of white wine for three euros-cork and all-and I was about a stone lighter. So those are not the motivating factors for me. For me, the motivating factor is not acting STUPID. Embarrassing myself and my kids and looking pitiful and ashamed. So I guess I just have to learn how to eat properly. Though it still freaks me out when I look at some of my clothes and remember them being TOO loose just a year and a half ago and now they are just..ummm...impossible to even squeeze into. One day at a time. I'll be up early tomorrow-ready for work and sober. I like the new me-even if I am a bit "plumpish"!!! I'll work it out eventually.

Comment

JackieClaire;1184757 wrote: Finished. It may not be the most elegant cake in the world but it's made with love.

IT'S GORGEOUS!!! :h

Comment

JackieClaire;1184757 wrote: Finished. It may not be the most elegant cake in the world but it's made with love.

Errrr.....wow! It's a work of art JC!

Are those strawberries and choccy buttons?

I imagine Mr JC's secretary is already quite "plump" (to use expatty's expression), but after eating that she's gonna be bursting at the seams!

Hello, BTW, expatty!

Comment

expat3;1184766 wrote: IT'S GORGEOUS!!! :h
                SEE!! I noticed the cake!!:H Obsessed.
                Nighters from me Army.:l
                Nice to see new faces in the Army!
                I may be back to lurk a bit later-but probably not. VERY tired but tomorrow is FRIDAY! Finally.

Comment

JC that cake looks scrumptious make sure Mr T saves us all some x
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Late evening hi from me, just in, long day.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Molly, I feel your pain with plumbing problems. I have a bathroom but no kitchen. I thought that was the better deal until I saw JC's cake! I would love to make something so luscious.

Comment

Ok Army i am off see you in the morning. did i miss much :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mollyka;1184785 wrote: Evening Army - 'nother fraught day here - pump blown on the (I don't actually know on what????) something -- apparently gonna cost a fortune, hubs and I heading off for a 'luuurrrve' weekend, and the sprogs are fighting like mad things - and no one can have a shower FFS - apparently it goes back to ineptitude by the bastard who put in the bathroom - actually, funny enough it's the first time I've actually run away WITH my husband
                          Anyways I presume I'll have internet access up there, but if not will be back Monday xxx
                          Brillo

Comment

mario;1184806 wrote: Ok Army i am off see you in the morning. did i miss much :-)
                            You were missed much.

Comment

I have seen the word "Brillo" used a few times now in a way I don't understand. To me Brillo is a soap covered steel-wool pad, something to scrub pans with.

Comment

Working...
                              X