Healthy Habit Hotline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy Habit Hotline

Thanks, Unwasted. It is amazingly tasty, I will say that. If people could buy that taste canned, they'd go crazy. But after ponying up for the Granny Smiths, the jars, the implements and going through all the work, I understand why it's not offered in the local grocery!

Add me to the crimsons fan club too (am following on two threads).

I'm very messy too, Pingu. There's nothing I hate worse than housework. I think I'd rather dig holes in the yard than do laundry and dishes. At least once you dig a hole, it doesn't fill itself in!

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

I did take my vitamins today and it's almost 10pm and I was tempted to leave a couple of dishes in the sink. However I checked in and will get to those dishes right away. More water in lieu of diet sodas and diet crystal lite. I really want to get back to drinking pure water instead of chemicals.

By the way, the applesauce looks yummy!

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

Oh, LFP you have pushed my soapbox button. You have to get off that crap and drink water or tea. That Sh*# is as toxic as alcohol.:b&d: 40 lashes for you!

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

@Crunchy, thanks!!
          I'm making my tomorrow change tonight. Sorry, this is gross. I must stop picking my skin! Yuck! (Kinda worked in the bar scene tho -- everyone's scratching and farting)
          Otherwise, the previous two (making the bed and clearing the kitchen after making food) have stuck.

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

Crimsons, have to admit that sounds like a really bad nervous habit. Hope you can give it a rest! BTW, you must have been hanging out at some fine bars.:H

Today for me will be sit ups. I jog and work out with weights but I never do sit ups, so I'll commit to that today.

Have a good one everybody.

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

I didn't see this thread until this morning and all the same people I've been raving about Jason Vale's book with are here. In case you missed it, I have started a blog that is launching on Monday with week one of 52 weeks of healthy changes. Check it out. It was the first creative thing I did since I have been drinking every day. I stopped last week and the blog was born within days. Follow along and make changes on a weekly basis, track them daily and add a new one each week. Imagine if in one year we could make 52 permanent healthy changes to our life.

52 Weeks of Healthy Habits: 52 Weeks of Healthy Habits
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

@UW, only the finest dives for me!

Which reminds me of this story....in a pretty upscale bar, no less, about three years back. I had come in to give the bartender a book he was interested in, when a big guy in fatigues came in and started bragging about being a music producer with all kinds of famous musicians. Now being a professional musician for over 30 years myself, I knew he was blowing hot air but didn't say anything. Then he turned to me and started telling me I was old and ugly, my teeth were rotting and yellow (lordy, I'd just gotten them straightened and veneers!). I said he was absolutely right so, "hey look at those gorgeous girls over there, you should go talk to them!" At which point he reached down, pulled off his prosthetic leg, and slammed it on the bar. I will NEVER forget the look on the bartender's face.

Long story short, a birthday party of enormous men were there and they ushered him into a nice officer's car outside.

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

Oh, man, Crimsons. You would be so bored with my life! Too funny - you must keep chronicling these stories as they come to you.

Tips - as you know I joined your blog - will see you there weekly and hope to incorporate some of your ideas into my life. And, yes, this thread is similar - ALL GOOD!

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

I stocked up on Milk Thistle, B vitamin complex and Vitamin D. I already take omega 3's daily. So that's my healthy addition to my life for this week.

Last week's healthy change was giving up poison - I'd say that's the best change I could ever make.

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

Awesome Meech - life is so much better without the poison.:l

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

Going to run my 3 miles first thing, before anything each morning. On the way back, I passed my fave morning-drink beach dive -- full at 9am. What was I thinking back when?

Comment

Healthy Habit Hotline

Crimsons, I ran today and cut 10 full minutes off. I couldn't believe I could ramp up - definitely attributable to being rested and "clean." Felt super. Honestly as time progresses having a life and feeling good are much more desirable to me than drinking. It took me a while to get here, but it feels so much better than a wicked hangover. I hate thinking what I put my poor body through and how it struggled to be healthy.

Comment

Working...
                          X