Terms of use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terms of use

I must have a different set of Etiquette Rules to Crunchy. I can't find any reference to bozos or gurus or know-nothings. Maybe because I have a Mac???? Please advise.

Proper Internet Forum and Message Board Etiquette - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

Comment

Terms of use

Well, i'd like everyone to know that i shower immediatley before i post here, and dress appropriately.

I know less and less everyday, and never, i repeat never, allow myself any sexual or immoral references.

And the greatest thread of all https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best wishes all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Terms of use

tawnyfrog;1187363 wrote: I must have a different set of Etiquette Rules to Crunchy. I can't find any reference to bozos or gurus or know-nothings. Maybe because I have a Mac???? Please advise.

Proper Internet Forum and Message Board Etiquette - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com
        Well, you saw my post on the Undies, so I guess you got my gist.

Comment

Terms of use

Guitarista;1187381 wrote: Well, i'd like everyone to know that i shower immediatley before i post here, and dress appropriately.

I know less and less everyday, and never, i repeat never, allow myself any sexual or immoral references.

And the greatest thread of all https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best wishes all.
          Bugger, now I know why I'm unnacceptable... I just splash on a bit of underarm deodorant every third day. Are UGG boots and trackies acceptable dress code? And do I really have to wear a brassiere under my tankie? The straps look so slovenly when they slip orf me shoulders.
          And the best advice posts are yours my dear Mr G.

Comment

Terms of use

tawnyfrog;1187363 wrote: I must have a different set of Etiquette Rules to Crunchy. I can't find any reference to bozos or gurus or know-nothings. Maybe because I have a Mac???? Please advise.

If you click on the link in your quote, you will see the text that I copied. I did not write it. The link is contained on the very first permanent post in the General Discussions forum. Perhaps whoever designed the site thought it was a good idea. If you and whoever else want to get mad at someone, get mad at that person. I was just trying to be helpful.

For the record, it makes a good point. If you are looking for support, that is one thing. If you are looking for information, as I was in the meds section, it's very difficult to find without wading through hundreds of pages of discussion that is not relevant. I like the General Discussion area better because it is orderly.

Comment

Terms of use

Nelz;1187262 wrote: I think we are all grown adults around here, not sure what you posted, but I doubt its that highly offensive.

If everyone has to question, every word, and every thought they have, I dont really wanna be a part of it.

Ive read all kinds of posts, funny, informative, not funny, not informative, hell Im guilty of posting all of those. I think it would help if we knew more specifics as to what was taboo
              Unfortunately due to some recent events, some people have become very unsure of what is "acceptable" or are mocking what is "acceptable". Basically we all adults (I hope!). I think the problem is if people make offensive posts regarding sexual preferences or degrading persons of the opposite sex. Especially when it is brought to their attention and they are asked to stop but they just continue. There is no place for that here - too much diversity here, all should feel welcome no matter what race, color, sexual orientation or religion. (IMO!)

Comment

Terms of use

Crunchy: far too pedantic and missing point regarding forum here. People come here for help and guidance. If their manners aren't quite up to your expectation then take a moment to understand that maybe their etiquette isn't their main priority right now.
                Anyone thinking of taking the first step to join this forum needs some encouragement .
                Reading your post would scare the most hardy of us away.
                It's not about manners, it's about sharing and helping.

Comment

Terms of use

I agree Jennie

Crunchy you may need to chill out a bit and get to grips with imperfection

Just a thought
                  Take Care
                  Patrice

Comment

Terms of use

Thanks Patrice.
                    For a moment I thought I was totally on my own with my deduction of Crunchy's post.
                    This isn't a social network.
                    We have to look after each other, not set down a list of can and cannot's.
                    Our problems extend far beyond social etiquette.

Comment

Terms of use

JennieLondon;1188105 wrote: Thanks Patrice.
                      For a moment I thought I was totally on my own with my deduction of Crunchy's post.
                      This isn't a social network.
                      We have to look after each other, not set down a list of can and cannots.
                      Our problems extend far beyond social etiquette.
                      Yes jennielondon you are right but we have to have some sort of a code of behavior and insulting other people for whatever reason is not on,as it brings the whole support system here into disrepute,imo.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Terms of use

You're right Mario. Insults are unexeptable.
                        Such a shame that anyone here feels the need to do so.
                        I guess I have a lot to learn.
                        First forum I've ever encountered. Bear with me, I'll get there.

Comment

Terms of use

JennieLondon;1188076 wrote: Crunchy: far too pedantic and missing point regarding forum here. People come here for help and guidance. If their manners aren't quite up to your expectation then take a moment to understand that maybe their etiquette isn't their main priority right now.
                          Anyone thinking of taking the first step to join this forum needs some encouragement .
                          Reading your post would scare the most hardy of us away.
                          It's not about manners, it's about sharing and helping.
                          mario;1188113 wrote: Yes jennielondon you are right but we have to have some sort of a code of behavior and insulting other people for whatever reason is not on,as it brings the whole support system here into disrepute,imo.
                          JennieLondon;1188123 wrote:
                          You're right Mario. Insults are unexeptable.
                          Such a shame that anyone here feels the need to do so.
                          I guess I have a lot to learn.
                          First forum I've ever encountered. Bear with me, I'll get there.
                          Just to add my two bits...

Jennie - I have to say that although I disagree with parts of Crunchy's one post about bozos and gurus, I must say that I agree that there have to be some kind of guidelines on any open forum. And as for your comment..."it's not about manners, but about sharing and helping", I must say this... while etiquette might not be top priority on a forum to help people get and stay sober, there must be some guidelines or code of behavior, as Mario put it. Otherwise, goodness knows what would happen if there was a strong disagreement on the boards and members started lashing out at each other using inappropriate words and phrases. Something that is generally not just frowned upon, but forbidden. To use one of your own comments, reading something like that "would scare the most hardy of us away". And my main concern would be for any members who are new to the boards and still trying to find their place here and also for any visitors to MWO looking for a help and support forum like this but who have not already joined. Reading posts by members who do not comply to forum etiquette or rules, if you wish, would be a really big put-off and I doubt that their stay here would be long-lived. Of course this is only my opinion and others have the right to agree or disagree with my views, but I do feel that there must be limits on what and how we can post on this forum, for the good of all involved. Harsh language and direct insults, as well as hidden barbs, do no good. There is no progress made, no support given, there is only turmoil created. Again, IMHO.

And we will bear with you - we'll bear with anyone, as long as they respect the beliefs, opinions and preferences of the other members on the forum.
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Terms of use

Message received......Jesus!

Comment

Working...
                            X