• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 4 October

Good morning Army
    Are you around Tips?

good morning expatty, i'm not stripey but i'm around....same hemisphere & all that!!!

Comment

I thought I heard you slurping a latte.
      :goodjob: JC-just read back on last night's thread and saw the you have the "all clear" for your new work!
      It has been a hectic few days. Some of you might have read that pug dog was feeling poorly last week. Well, I cleaned his "hot spot" which is a sort of sore oozing spot that spreads quite rapidly and is very painful. I had shaved the area around the sore (that's what they say to do so the area can dry out and heal) andcleaned, disinfected it etc. But had to leave early for work Friday morning. I worried about him all day. When I got home around 5 ish he did not run to the door to greet me like he always does. He was kind of passed out on one of my daughter's jumpers (she throws everything on the floor, grrr) But anyway, I picked him up and carried him downstairs to do his pee. He just sat down on the pavement and wouldn't move. So...I wrapped him in a little cloth and carried him the two mile walk to the vet. He had to get an antibiotic shot, an anti-inflamatory shot plus the vet shaved the fur around the oozing inflamed area and thouroughly cleaned it out!. He was a very sick and weak puggy! The vet said he would never have made it through the night if I had not brought hime in!:upset: So he's on meds now and doing much better-just not quite his usual peppy puggy self. It really scared me that we had come so close to losing him! He's the same age as my son and is like a third child-he is really a part of our family:l

Comment

beagle;1187341 wrote: good morning expatty, i'm not stripey but i'm around....same hemisphere & all that!!!
        Hello Beagle!
        How are you today?

Comment

KTABs laying in the nest, everything ok Expat?
          Hi Beagle
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

KTAB;1187344 wrote: KTABs laying in the nest, everything ok Expat?
            Hi Beagle
            Morning KTAB:l
            I'm grand, and you? Just having my first coffee before I have a shower.

Comment

Xpost, sorry to hear about pug dog, it would break my heart if anything happened to my dogs.

Comment

i'm ok expat, that's a bit sudden with the puggy - must be more to his probs than just a hotspot. poor widdle fella.
                hope he improves.
                ktab - hope you're being regurgitate-fed like all good nestlings.

Comment

look, even tho i'm a vet, i'm damn sooky when it comes to my own!!
                  when my young mare got bitten by a redback spider & got really crook, i was fairly stressed to say the least, & when a critter of mine dies, well, i am a trainwreck. birds,ducks,chooks,dogs, whatever.

Comment

Our pets do become such a special part of our lives-I know he is getting up in age-pug dogs usually live around 10 years or so-but the thought of him passing away...:upset:
                    Just made me know how precious he is to our family after this scare.

Comment

Beagle-the vet did mention a possible allergy to something-we are not sure what-maybe the flea drops I had applied three days before. But they are the expensive drops we buy from the vet and he had never had a reaction to them before.

Comment

Think I will pass on your breakfast suggestion Beagle ta very much.

Comment

KTAB;1187352 wrote: Think I will pass on your breakfast suggestion Beagle ta very much.
                          :H We may have all lost our appetite after talking about hot spots and regurgitating!:H
                          OK-off to have a shower
                          bacinabit xxx

Comment

a few thing spring to mind expat ; over-reaction to cortisone, if he had previous injections. "allergic" reaction to antibiotics - reasonably common. or something completely unrelated for which i would be thinking blood testing if he doesn't improve. older dogs will react more to meds but not really badly to flea stuff, impo.
                            i hate it when things grow older, my dogs are my substit kiddies, so i am very aware of what you mean. couldn't live without my animals.
                            ktab, have some eggs then lovey,but not ones scrambled from your fellow nesters...

Comment

:l expatty for you and pug dog and the kidlettes.

Comment

Working...
                              X