Feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feelings

I just feel like crawling up in a corner and becoming invisible. I find it difficult to deal with my emotions and this week has been hectic and off balance for me. For the first time in a long time i have had some really strong cravings and i have had to really kick myself in the butt to stay sober. Don't know why i am even writing this as i know you cant fix whats wrong with me. Just needed to put it out there cause i dont know what else to do. In the past i would have definately drank til i was numb to get past this. Ugh....
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Feelings

Red, sometimes I find just expressing myself when I am feeling "not right" to be very helpful. I hope it helps to know you are not alone. I used to get very frustrated and a bit fearful when I would be cruising along fine, and then seemingly out of nowhere would come a mental fight with AL. All I can say is to keep hanging in there. This really does get easier with more and more time under your belt.

At about 8 months sober I found myself not fully comfortable with how things were progressing in my sober life. That's when I made some changes to my plan. (in my case, I added AA - not saying that is right for you or anyone - just suggesting you might want to look at your plan and do something different, and then see how that goes) Turns out that was a very good decision for me. I hope you find something that will help you fill whatever void you might be feeling right now. Most of all, congrats on not drinking. That is the most important thing!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Feelings

Hang in there Red. I've experience that same feeling before. I am proof that the funk passes and you can get through it sober! John
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Feelings

Hi Red, and everyone else here.
        Thanks for sharing your post. It has helped me tonight as have the replies.
        I am AF since Jan3rd this year.
        I have been so busy in the last two months and have neglected this site and rarely visited.
        I thought I was through with the cravings but they have been so strong in the last week or two.
        I have been so tempted to going back drinking and still am.
        Its like I am schizophrenic, part of me saying "was life really so bad" when drinking and "is life so much better" not drinking.
        Many parts of my life ARE so much better but I still struggle on nights out.
        I hope I dont drink and am going to come back here more often and try start being more positive about being sober and start re planning my sober life.
        ps....I HAVE NO REGRETS WHATSOEVER IN MY DECISION TO GIVING UP ALCOHOL.
        Sorry, I am rambling now, hope all are well.
        Best of luck to all of us in beating this

Damo in Dublin
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

Feelings

damo180;1188872 wrote:
          I hope I dont drink and am going to come back here more often and try start being....
          I used to say I hope in my previous quits, and it proved to be tougher for me. Now that I use more I can and will type talk, I have found this quit easier. So perhaps instead of saying I hope that I don't drink, tell yourself that I won't drink this weekend. Stick to this site and do whatever you need to do to not drink. And that goes for you to Red. I look up to you both. You show me that this journey isn't over, and you guys help me out so I will be prepared for when I get to where you are at, I know that I can and will get through it. But for now ODAAT.

4 months af
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Feelings

kevin22901;1188969 wrote: That is really sad on your part, but this confusion of your can even take you in the depression. Let me give you few tips..that might help you to get over this situation of yours. The key to depression recovery is to start with a few small goals and slowly build from there. Draw upon whatever resources you have. You may not have much energy, but you probably have enough to take a short walk around the block or pick up the phone to call a loved one.

Take things one day at a time and reward yourself for each accomplishment. The steps may seem small, but they?ll quickly add up. And for all the energy you put in to your depression recovery, you?ll get back much more in return.
            Bounce to you G
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Feelings

Thank you all for your kind and supportive words. The demon has retreated for now and it is a beautiful sunny fall day...and of course it is friday. So today is good but i have learned a valuable lesson this week and I thank God for this site and all of you. Sometimes i just need to hear from you who understand this battle. I wasnt going to post yesterday because i didnt think it would do any good and i felt ashamed because of the thoughts of drinking. I have always tended to retreat and isolate when i am down. I have to learn to reach out in those times in order to climb out of the hole. Thank you all for the helping hands
              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Working...
              X