feel guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feel guilty

Well done Damo, and I agree with all y'all. I asked my mother "what do you think it feels like to need to drink" and she said, "like wanting another cookie?" and I just rolled. And she was in the medical profession before she retired - for 50 years.

And this is after seeing me quit and regress and battle miserably. Nothing like motherly love. I'd at least expect an attempt at help/understanding instead of judgement.

Comment

feel guilty

damo 180;1188880 wrote: as I feel as I have only "used" this site and not been more helpful and encouraging to others.
      I am over 9 months sober, haven't been on here in recent times , mainly because I have been so busy and neglected "my recovery" and just thought I was finished with the fight of staying sober and just took my sobriety for granted.

I have never been so tempted to drink in the last two weeks, and to be honest, I was seriously thinking of telling my wife I want to try "modding" again.
      Aaaaaa, I know I don't want to drink but have been so tempted.
      What has stopped me so far is my "crazy thoughts". I was already planning on "how I can have a few "extra secret" drinks over this weekend, for fuck sake, I haven't even drank yet and I am up to my old tricks.

Anyway, I have logged on here again,read a lot of your posts, and I think I should be ok now, for a while (its amazing what this site does for me in staying sober)

Thanks for listening, just needed to write this.

Damo
      xxx

damo 180;1189251 wrote:
      thank you all for your kind words and advice.
      I realise now that this is a long and sometimes tough road we are on.
      I will continue fighting this, as I know, overall, my life is so much better now that I don't drink.

I may also attend an AA meeting, but more importantly, I will come back on here as it always helps.
      I cant thank you enough, it is MWO and everyone here that has kept me off the booze up to now.

Damo in Dublin.
      xx
      Hi damo lovely to hear from you again,I find it helps me enormously to post here daily,Going to AA meetings can also help and don't forget each meetings are different with different personalities at them so if you don't like the one you go to change. The dubs were great winning the All Ireland weren't they i was delighted

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
      X