first timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first timer

help and more help. who are you? how has this helped you? smoker and drinker here. READY to quit.

first timer

Hi Just,

You've come to the right place. Hope you hang out and do some reading and posting. Everyone here has different helpful comments/feedback. We all want control over drinking, many have the same desire for quitting smoking. Some have succeeded with supplements and willpower, many have succeeded with rx drugs, and many more are still on the path and continuing to learn.

I checked in here after buying the book some years ago, felt alone and lonely and left after going four days alcohol free (AF) and then diving back in for a few years of escalating hell.

Now I've been back and while I'm not 'cured' I'm better than I was six months ago.

What's your story?

Comment

first timer

Smoker/drinker here JW. How would you like this site to help you? Keep reading and posting and you'll find out. It was a life saver for me 2 years ago. I hope it is for you too! How are you atm?
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

first timer

Hi Just, welcome. I am 13 days alcohol free today. I accidently found this sight after a bender, just looking for ways to figure out how to stay sober.
        There is a book that the site is based on "My Way Out" that I read a year or so ago that is really good. You can download it.
        There's help here.
        We can do it together!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

first timer

I found this site to be so helpful to quit drinking. We are like family here. Check out the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html and set up a plan and stick to it. Get a support group both online and offline.

Smoking its the same. Get a support group both offline and online, set up a plan, and stick to it. We are more into quitting drinking here, but there are members that have quit smoking as well. When I had my short lived smoking career I used Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community and they helped me.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

first timer

Hi Just! Ex-smoker Ex-drinker here. I quit smoking first with the help of Quitnet. My already severe drinking escalated even more after that. Since a support forum helped me quit smoking, I went looking for one to help me quit drinking and ended up here. I downloaded the book and implemented all of those suggestions except Topamax. The road has not always been smooth but I'm free of AL and Nic today, and that's a miracle. I hope you find your miracle too.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X