Army Thread SATURDAY 8th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1189764 wrote: :H:H:H prob best stick to a latte and some chocolate cake Recster
    Make mine a mocha please. Do you bowl Reccie?
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Recluse;1189763 wrote: Oooh, I dunno! I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself! I'd happily ask you out for a drink only..........I'm making a mess of this aren't I?
      My, my! I'm away from the Army for only a few hours and....:H
      Your horse adventure sounded lovely Molly!

Comment

Who,s getting married ?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good evening.
          The riding sounds wonderful Molly. AND THE LEADER:goodjob:

Recluse and Ringing Cedars Hmm. Do you bowl Wrecky?

Hope everyone has had a decent Saturday.

After my Saturday race I took Mr A out to lunch.

Artichoke soup with Artichoke chips
          Mushroom Risooto with Parmesan shavings
          Wood pigeon in a raspberry reduction (and beetroot)
          Pannacotta with Strawberry glace with a bit of champagne foam on top.
          The staff were lovely but a bit pissed off with our no wine order.:H

Comment

RingingCedars;1189770 wrote: Make mine a mocha please. Do you bowl Reccie?
            I used to, but bowling means something completely different over here, RC. Still, I'll give anything a go in the right company...

Comment

anon;1189781 wrote: After my Saturday race I took Mr A out to lunch.

Artichoke soup with Artichoke chips
              Hello Whizzy

How did the race go?

And what the heck are artichoke chips?

anon;1189781 wrote:
              The staff were lovely but a bit pissed off with our no wine order.:H
              :H:H:H

Comment

Recluse;1189785 wrote: Hello Whizzy

How did the race go?

And what the heck are artichoke chips?

:H:H:H
                Little slices of artichoke shavings at the bottom of the bowl of soup.

Race report-- 28 seconds slower than my PB but won my category and still have the Veteran course record.Ta Da.

Comment

anon;1189792 wrote: Little slices of artichoke shavings at the bottom of the bowl of soup.

Race report-- 28 seconds slower than my PB but won my category and still have the Veteran course record.Ta Da.
                  Oh, I thought they might be potato chips with an artichoke flavouring. Guess I'm never gonna win MasterChef then! :upset:

Well done with your race, whizzy. :goodjob: It must've been a tad windy today, which can't have helped.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1189586 wrote: Gooooooooood morning Expattie & all to come

It looks like we're going to have a lovely day - warm and fairly free from wind (Reccie: I'm referring to the climatological variety).
                    Is there any other type of wind, Mr T?

Comment

It doesn't look different to me Reccie.
                      Tenpin Bowling - Quasar - Bowling Parties - Tenpin.co.uk
                      Quinte Bowling Center 17 Roy Blvd - Ontario, Canada K8N 4Z5
                      Lovely compliment, thank you.:h

Hiya Expat and Anon. Good job on another win!

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

RingingCedars;1189802 wrote: It doesn't look different to me Reccie.
                        Lovely compliment, thank you.:h

Over here some people play a slightly weird game called cricket for about five days at a time in the summer, RC.

Or should that be:

Over here some slightly weird people play a game called cricket for about five days at a time in the summer, RC.

Bowling (cricket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Recluse;1189808 wrote: Over here some people play a slightly weird game called cricket for about five days at a time in the summer, RC.

Or should that be:

Over here some slightly weird people play a game called cricket for about five days at a time in the summer, RC.

Bowling (cricket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                          OI, it's only a first date Reccie--let's just go 10 pin. We'll see if we can work up to the 5 day marathons.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hello Troopers!!!
                            JackieClaire;1189609 wrote: Good morning Expatty, Tippers, Whizzy, Zenners and all those yet to drop by.

Bringing glad tidings of a new life born this morning at 5.15am. A brand new grand-daughter for our neighbours next door. Weighing in at 6lbs 11oz/ 2.78kgs and called Isobel.Ah, Jackie - how sweet. May she always be healthy and happy. And Isobel is my Mother's name..

mollyka;1189622 wrote: Oh Jackser, my worst nightmare awaits. Daughter has booked us in for an 'advanced' hack on horses at 11AM - last time I did 'advanced' horseriding a frigging horse lost the plot in a wood on a mountain near Enniskerry -- nearly didn't live long enuff to become an alkie.
                            Oh Molly that made me laugh. I love the phrase, "lost the plot". It always makes me smile.
                            KTAB;1189653 wrote: Arghhh that av is here too.......haha I read that last line as mate not make......oh dear oh dear:H
                            RingingCedars;1189744 wrote: Good for you Molly! Riding and working with horsies can be very therapeutic.
                            Hey RC. I read your thread from yesterday. Hope you're feeling better and sending you :huggy
                            Recluse;1189763 wrote:
                            Oooh, I dunno! I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself! I'd happily ask you out for a drink only..........I'm making a mess of this aren't I?
                            Oh dear, Reccie. Well are you gonna go visit RC or send her a plane ticket to come visit you?

And I see you multi-quoted a single post...
                            anon;1189792 wrote:
                            Little slices of artichoke shavings at the bottom of the bowl of soup.

Mrs. A, I've said it before - you ROCK!!
                            RingingCedars;1189802 wrote:
                            It doesn't look different to me Reccie.
                            Lovely compliment, thank you.

RC - are you going bowling in Belleville? Tell me that your are, pweeez. That's where we used to go bowling when we were in our teens. The world is small indeed. Your one daughter lives where my kids were born. Your Mom lives just a few minutes from where my Mom lives and one of our oldest family friends used to live where you live.:catroll:
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good evening and *waves* and a big yoooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo to all

Do I detect romance in the air? Eh, eh, Reccybear and RC.

Slendiferous day here with a nice restorative nanna nap this aftie.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

RingingCedars;1189814 wrote: OI, it's only a first date Reccie--let's just go 10 pin. We'll see if we can work up to the 5 day marathons.
                                We have a deal RC!

Hello stirly and jackie! :hallo:

Comment

Working...
                                X